Very Interesting...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Very Interesting...

Post by Rossoneri »

pevfan wrote:Yeah, huge names there Windy...right up there with the Barassi's Lockett's, Davi's, Wanganeen's, Merretts et al :)

Re Judd to Carlton.Yep, despite the new communistic type drafting rules, the Blues, yet again, found a way...just like they always have, of landing the best footballers in the country. I tell you what, if Essendon had applied the same shrewdness and yes, might I say due diligence to it's membership and sponsors as the Blues have done throughout the past 40 or 50 years or so in recruiting the best players we would have more silverware in our hall of fame than we have now. Of that I have no doubt. Did the Blues manage these coups because they were a richer club than Essendon?... I don't think so. But like I said they always manage to find a way.
Perhaps if we finished last on the ladder we may have got Stevens.
Perhaps if we tanked we may have got Judd.

Sorry, I know this sounds silly, but I would never want the club to deliberately lose to get a good player. If Essendon ever went out there, with no intention of winning, then I wouldn't even bother going to the game.

And just on Carlton and its sponsors, you'll find Hird and Lloyd were getting paid a little bit from Ansett thanks to McMahon. We do it to keep our champions, Carlton do it to buy champions. Hopefully Karma hasn't forgotten about it.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!

Re: Very Interesting...

Post by Karma »

Rossoneri wrote:And just on Carlton and its sponsors, you'll find Hird and Lloyd were getting paid a little bit from Ansett thanks to McMahon. We do it to keep our champions, Carlton do it to buy champions. Hopefully Karma hasn't forgotten about it.
Don't worry, I haven't.