Lovey: WOW

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Re: Lovey: WOW

Post by BERT »

The thing is Filth that Robbo would know. Maybe it's a last warning to get him to pull his head in.

We all know how much he can play but if he is a distraction to the other players then maybe we would be better off without him.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Why does Lovett's private life need to be brought UP AGAIN to SELL f****** NEWSPAPERS?

Garbage article by a garbage newspaper.

there is nothing new there.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

If we make a bid for Daniel Kerr than the club has turned f***'n hypocritical.
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:If we make a bid for Daniel Kerr than the club has turned f***'n hypocritical.
Totally agree. I was happy for Lovett to be traded last year and my opinion hasn't changed since, so of itself, trading Lovett is neither here nor there for me. But if we go after Kerr, i'd be extremely confused as to what message the club is trying to send.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:If we make a bid for Daniel Kerr than the club has turned f***'n hypocritical.
Spot on

How a bout we compare the behaviour of each player over the last few years!!

There is no excuse for anyone hitting their missus but the other reported incidents are not even in the same fckin sport as what Kerr has been up to.

I would fully support the decision to trade the guy (I would rather keep him) but if we get Kerr in as a replacement then I will be very disappointed!!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Where was the source for lovett to be on the trade table?

Not Knights, not the EFC, but eddies Channel 9.

Knights just replied to the rumours, saying that he was having a look at lovett and chatting with his manager.

Robbo is just fuelling the innuendo.

Knighta is like that, straight up. Tells it how it is.

I hope Andy has sorted out his private life, so it doesnt impact him on training and playing footy. Maybe he needs a fresh start, I hope the dons can give it to him, cos it would be sad to see him go...one of the most entertaining footballers to watch, nevermind just at the club but in the comp.

I doubt the club would trade Lovett unless it just wasn't working out. His games against West Coast and Melbourne were fantastic. the west coast game in particular, it was the sort of performance you would expect from a senior player in a losing side. gallant and worked his arse off.

I reckon he means well, I wouldnt be suprised if he has just got some very difficult off-field influences that are hard to curb/get rid of.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I have to admit that as explosive a player Lovett has been, I will not be that disappointed if he were to leave. There is just something about him that makes me think he's a bit of selfish footballer. I was scathing about some of his efforts last year. This year he appears to have picked up on field but then there are the two training fiascos.There has to be more to this than what we Joe Public have been led to believe.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yes Lovey is my fave player but if we trade him just to go after Daniel Kerr then i will be very very disappointed. [-X

Unless we get something really decent (early draft picks or a decent player even a combination of the two- not including Kerr) then Lovett should stay.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Exactly. Kerr refused to sign the agreement that the Eagles came up with after all their trouble, the one that stipulates about good behaviour and so forth (cant think of the exact name for it)

I would rather keep Lovett but if we are going to trade him, don't settle for anything less than a 1st round pick or even Rischitelli from the Lions.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
Exactly. Kerr refused to sign the agreement that the Eagles came up with after all their trouble, the one that stipulates about good behaviour and so forth (cant think of the exact name for it)

I would rather keep Lovett but if we are going to trade him, don't settle for anything less than a 1st round pick or even Rischitelli from the Lions.
Rischitelli would be a great pick up indeed.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

Rischitelli would be a great pick up indeed.
Is he on the market? if so, definitely...

Am I the only one that's a tad worried that we're clearing out the blokes that play relatively injury free?

:-k
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote: Is he on the market? if so, definitely...

Am I the only one that's a tad worried that we're clearing out the blokes that play relatively injury free?

:-k
Well, initially I was staggered that we want to discard someone who has all the attributes Knights wants for this team - pace, skill, goal sense, defensive pressure (when he wants to), and the match winner factor. But yeah, he's been able to stay intact as well.

I don't mind a trade of Lovett if it means getting a highly skilled younger player i.e Rischitelli, but not for a guy of the same age and of higher volitility e.g Daniel Kerr and his "gangsta" pea brained attitude.

Not sure about Rischitelli's "availability". I've heard rumbles. But I heard rumbles a couple of years ago and he ended up staying put.
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Rischitelli's an old Keilor boy, use to be an Essendon supporter as a kid, lived around the corner from Windy Hill and is managed by Ricky O.

He's also out of contract.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Wouldn't mind having a crack at trading for Alex Rance - best CHB prospect in last year's draft but can't crack the Richmond side because they've got Moore, McGuane and Thursfield in front of him. Has been playing great footy in the VFL. Richmond have a lot of depth in the key backman spots... might be worth a chat? Lovett for Rance and a second rounder?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

andrewb wrote:Wouldn't mind having a crack at trading for Alex Rance - best CHB prospect in last year's draft but can't crack the Richmond side because they've got Moore, McGuane and Thursfield in front of him. Has been playing great footy in the VFL. Richmond have a lot of depth in the key backman spots... might be worth a chat? Lovett for Rance and a second rounder?
Aint seen Rance, but the tigers have picked him this weekend for his first game, so will have a look at him.

Do richmond need Lovett? I dunno.

I think andy lovett is a required player at essendon...but if around the club he just aint fitting in, well he aint fitting in.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Whatever happens with Lovett it reinforces my faith in Knights.

Discipline and effort are the two by-words required at EFC. =D>

Take note Jason Laycock.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote:Whatever happens with Lovett it reinforces my faith in Knights.

I agree. Except when……..the club entertains the idea of recruiting blokes like Kerr and Didak – two blokes who have damaged the reputation of their respective clubs with repeated anti-social behaviour and caused tens of thousands of dollars in lost sponsorships.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
hop wrote:Whatever happens with Lovett it reinforces my faith in Knights.

I agree. Except when……..the club entertains the idea of recruiting blokes like Kerr and Didak – two blokes who have damaged the reputation of their respective clubs with repeated anti-social behaviour and caused tens of thousands of dollars in lost sponsorships.
It would be interesting to see how impressed Samsung would be with the idea of Kerr wearing their brand!!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

interesting about the talk in Kerr.

I'd have him. I just would be careful about the devil in the detail.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Not sure if this link will work. A mate of mine who barracks for the Swans showed me this thread about Lovett. Some funny shit in there......particularly when some suggest they would rather get Dyson instead :shock:

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/ ... hp?t=26227
I'd take Dyson. They can keep Lovett thanks.
If you want good meat on the plate, what about Courtney Johns? Could be handy on our forward line. He may be injured until late next year, but he is a young punk with plenty to offer IMO.

Other than that, Ricky Dyson sounds like a top choice if we are to chase quick midfielders.
:lol:
Essendunny