Prismall & Reimers In

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Prismall & Reimers In

Post by Ronny Rotten »

We have lost 3 more to injuries this week, H.Slattery (hamstring),Winderlich (ankle),Bellchambers (knee). When will it end??

Prismall & Reimers have been included although we have some underdone players, Reimers, McVeigh & Skipworth which could be a concern.

Scott Lucas has been included on extended interchange bench. He has to play as we seem to be a bit short of talls.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Prismall & Reimers In

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Ronny Rotten wrote:We have lost 3 more to injuries this week, H.Slattery (hamstring),Winderlich (ankle),Bellchambers (knee). When will it end??

Prismall & Reimers have been included although we have some underdone players, Reimers, McVeigh & Skipworth which could be a concern.

Scott Lucas has been included on extended interchange bench. He has to play as we seem to be a bit short of talls.
Its worrying isnt it... just when we thought we were getting a full list back. They musnt be severe injuries to Licha and Slats but enough to keep them out of the game. The break cant come quick enough because we should get Natrat, Fletcher and Hurley back after it!!!!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Ronny Rotten wrote:We have lost 3 more to injuries this week, H.Slattery (hamstring),Winderlich (ankle),Bellchambers (knee). When will it end??

Really need a big one from this nutter!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

According to EFC website: "Henry Slattery (hamstring), Jason Winderlich (back) and Tom Bellchambers (knee) will all miss through injury."

Tell me Licha hasn't had a relapse with his back...

#-o
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Should we declare out season over now with the state of the injury list and the fact it's getting worse? I was fair-dinkum sure we were red hot to play finals this season but now I think we're going to be struggling. We need to win 3 of the next 4 games and without a ruck division and one of our key players so far in Winderlich, we're going to struggle to get over the line against Adelaide, I'd imagine. Melbourne won't be a sure thing either.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

SEN is saying it's an ankle...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Doctor Fish wrote:SEN is saying it's an ankle...
Yeah on the afl website it is saying ankle as well. Thank God it wasnt his back.

Grea to see that Prismall and Reimers will def be playing on Sunday!
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

After the break we will dominate - mark my words.

We have 3 main LTIs - Gumbleton, Lay-soft-cock and Hille.

The rest have injuries which remedied with the right solution will have them back out on the park in a few weeks (eg. Fletch, Hurley, Winderlich and potentially Welsh).

We have to remember most Clubs have injuries and no team has "no" concerns.

I think we will play finals and be no walk over. My main concern is our forward line - if we could get something out of Lucas by the end of the season - with enough ball winners and midfield types to choose from we have no excuse not to give our forward line enough supply - the "quality" is the key.

I think we are better off getting Reimers, Skipworth, McVeigh and Prismall into the team now - irrespective of the result - because:

a) They will get nothing running around with the jibberers at Bendigo
b) Giving them a couple of weeks in the 1's will allow them to peak at Round 12-15

My Interchange:

Zaharakis Houli Skipworth Lucas
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Good to se Dempsey back in as well. Important inclusion. I wonder just how much we missed him last week. Of the games I've seen him play this season, he's been in our top 3 every one of them.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Winderlich out is a concern, his gut running has fired up the team alot when we have needed it. Having Dempsey back is important and it's good to see Reimers and Prismall get a game.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Winderlich is in fact with a back problem, however it is unrelated to the issue he has had previously. Knights said that they expect him to be fine next week. Was apparently a heavy knock from a a recent game that has been sore. Giving him the week to rest I would say.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Coughlan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

danstar84 wrote:Winderlich is in fact with a back problem, however it is unrelated to the issue he has had previously. Knights said that they expect him to be fine next week. Was apparently a heavy knock from a a recent game that has been sore. Giving him the week to rest I would say.
We can thank bloody Mark Coughlan for that.... arse hole haha :evil:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
danstar84 wrote:Winderlich is in fact with a back problem, however it is unrelated to the issue he has had previously. Knights said that they expect him to be fine next week. Was apparently a heavy knock from a a recent game that has been sore. Giving him the week to rest I would say.
We can thank bloody Mark Coughlan for that.... arse hole haha :evil:
But he did nothing wrong. NLM was the only thug in that game! (according to the MRP :^o )

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah it stinks doesnt it... Pettifer is fine yet poor Licha must have been sore last week and now is having the week off to recover this week. [-X
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I am still dirty over Coughlan's hit. Every other similar instance this year whether deliberate or accidental, has resulted in suspension. Just when you think the AFL is showing some consistency, they dream up a new way of undermining their own rules. This happens when you have a multi million dollar business run by liniment sniffing amateurs.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I f***'n told ya's two weeks ago. Coughlan's hit was far more dangerous. FAR more.

Very strange that he was able to play last week, but not this week. A tad worrying TBH .
Essendunny
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

I thought Skipworth was rather good on the weekend.

A little flat, but so was half the team.

He offers great experience.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

nomolos wrote:I thought Skipworth was rather good on the weekend.

A little flat, but so was half the team.

He offers great experience.
Great way for him to celebrate his 50th game against his former side! A wonderful achievement for a bloke who maybe 18months ago would have thought his afl career was well and truely over. I hope Skippy plays forward on Sunday, he always looks dangerous when he is down crumbing goals.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

damn, how bad is licha's ankle? best player gone sucks big time.

otherwise, it is AWESOME to see BOOTS back in the side, and the wraps taken off pris.