Is sheedy on Drugs?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Not sure about getting one of the Cloke's

To be honest Tim Notting would be an awesome pick up.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

He can play CHB, backs the team is better with him at CHF. Lets leave it at that shall we. The team is better with him up forward.
Ryno
Top Up Player

Is sheedy on Drugs?

Post by Ryno »

So far in this trade week all of us pretty much agree we want to secure a CHB. Therfore Polak, Notting,Thornton, Staker to me are some of the names that we should be looking at.

All the media reports I have read named Jason Cloke, Steve Johnson, Milne, and any other retard that I cant see why we would need them.

I am starting to raise money to get medical test done on sheeds to once an for all prove he is a genious or he is a nutcase. :evil:
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Be happy to land Steve Johnson, not so Cloke, and I just dunno about Milne.

There's still a good two and a half days to go and really all clubs are still just beating their chests and getting their toes wet while finding out what is really on the table and for what price.

Bring on Thursday / Friday for some real answers.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It's becoming more and more aparent that there is simply no decent established CHB in this trade period. We will have to secure a young kid from our picks to develop one. This will take a couple of years or more. Therefore, I am of the belief we already have a "decent" CHB on our list in Scott Lucas, and he may have to fulfil that role for a couple of years (alternatively, guys like Bradley and Lee have to make significant improvement to do the job).

IMO, the players bandied around in this draft are just cannon fodder. Very little value or substance. It's a trash 'n' treasure market, with a helluvalot of trash and very, very little treasure. Trade for picks I say.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

BenDoolan wrote:It's becoming more and more aparent that there is simply no decent established CHB in this draft. We will have to secure a young kid from our picks to develop one. This will take a couple of years or more. Therefore, I am of the belief we already have a "decent" CHB on our list in Scott Lucas, and he may have to fulfil that role for a couple of years (alternatively, guys like Bradley and Lee have to make significant improvement to do the job).

IMO, the players bandied around in this draft are just cannon fodder. Very little value or substance. It's a trash 'n' treasure market, with a helluvalot of trash and very, very little treasure. Trade for picks I say.

I couldnt agree more! The only treasure up for trade so far has been Acker and Everitt, both of which have already been snapped up (everitt will be traded to sydney today) and were probably not suitable to our requirements anyway. Another who may be available is Bradshaw, he would fit into our lineup perfectly given his ability to play CHB and go forward if required, but I think he has just signed with Brisbane. The Clokes, Milns, Stakers, Tarrents, Thurgoods and Polacks are trash, although Polack might be salvageable we'd be taking yet another huge gamble (given our recent history with these types ie. Cupido, Cole, Zantack etc.).

As such we will not get a CHB in the PSD and even if we pick Hanson at the draft, it is unlikely he can step straight into CHB. Ultimately we will have to use Lucus at CHB unless lee or Lucy step up, which isnt a bad thing given Lucus was AA in that position.

I think what most have agreed in recent talks is we need some classy disposal in the midfield, as we have posession accumilators, had nuts and clearance players but will again rely on Hird and Campo for the polish. So far no one thrown up can provide what we desperately need.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

lucas is a gun across the half forward line.

he is too slow to provide any rebound out of defence, but he takes a great mark and has an amazing kick for goal at around 50-60 metres.

he should not play in the backline.

its a real pity bolton continues to have massive brain explosions with footy decisions down back, and kepler bradley completely lost his ability to run fast.

McPhee should be that player, he has just had a really really bad season.
Solomon is too short, and has lost a yard of pace also.

Lachlan Hansen should be coming to windy hill to fill the void.(unless we get a crack at Gibbs, in which case we will take him then pick another bloke in hansens mould at 18/20)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sorry but I have to laugh at those who keep suggesting that Scott Lucas cannot play CHB :lol: :lol: :lol: . He is a gun forward, there is no question. He has won a B & F playing in the forward 50, and he has won a B & F playing in the back 50. End of story. He is very capable of playing CHB and he isn't too slow to play that position. People have short memories, it was only 3 seasons ago. Can someone please tell me who would be a better CHB than Lucas? If anyone thinks Hansen is just going to waltz into the club and dance around CHB as if he owns the spot is seriously kidding themselves. It is our most deficient area, and if Scott Lucas can fulfil that role in the short term, then he bloody well should. Our forward line isn't the problem, we will have an abundance of goal scoring opprtunities up there.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:He can play CHB, backs the team is better with him at CHF. Lets leave it at that shall we. The team is better with him up forward.
While the opposition are slaughtering us at the other end? Come on, with Lloyd, Hird, Johns, Lovett, Monfries, Laycock etc, we'll have enough firepower up forward. I agree Lucas is terrific up there, but I reckon he plays his best when Lloyd isn't there. Remember, the focus of delivery will be at Lloyd and not Lucas next year. Personally, I believe both Bradley and Lee need to put their hand up and do something next year. I believe Lee will be a big improver and we will see both Lucas and Lee exchange positions at CHB & CHF during the season. When Lucas won his B & F at CHB in 2003, he also kicked 19 goals. Great stuff!
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Yes,Drugs are Sheedys best friend...... :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:Sorry but I have to laugh at those who keep suggesting that Scott Lucas cannot play CHB :lol: :lol: :lol: . He is a gun forward, there is no question. He has won a B & F playing in the forward 50, and he has won a B & F playing in the back 50. End of story. He is very capable of playing CHB and he isn't too slow to play that position. People have short memories, it was only 3 seasons ago. Can someone please tell me who would be a better CHB than Lucas? If anyone thinks Hansen is just going to waltz into the club and dance around CHB as if he owns the spot is seriously kidding themselves. It is our most deficient area, and if Scott Lucas can fulfil that role in the short term, then he bloody well should. Our forward line isn't the problem, we will have an abundance of goal scoring opprtunities up there.
Lucas is by far the best available CHB option Essendon has.

If he was to spend time down there in 2007, I still think even he will be tested against the likes of Brown, Tredrea and Hall.

There aren't many CHB's that will consistently do well against them. That battle gets won in the midfield and across our hf by negating any drive to them.