Fletcher will go.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Re: Fletcher will go.

Post by Megan »

I thought it appeared that Fletch 'just' grazed the guys chin. So depends how the tribunial is feeling regarding 'contact'.

Welsh... the footage is rather vague. Would depend on how much the Hawk dived - I don't know how much weight the players evidence holds, hopefully he will get Welsh off.

(Not like that. Perverts.)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Saw the Fletcher incident when I watched the replay of the tape. Get weeks for what? Looked like he totally missed him. Was there any reaction from the Hawk player afterwards? They never showed him on the deck or clutching anything...
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I saw it and thought it was incidental contact as he was going for a shephered and misjudged the height of it. If that's the incident that people were talking about. Hoping 3/3 potential charges are dropped.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Watched the Fletch incident in super slomo.

The forearm and elbow were firmly in against the body prior to contact
The contact was made with the forearm still against the body up around the collar bone area in my opinion, missed his head and jaw.
Player went to ground and immediatley got up without holding his head, jaw, chin or anything for that matter and showed no signs of distress.
Had contact been made with his head or chin he would have gone down like a bag of shite.

I reckon Woosha is gone but Hille should have no case to answer. Free kick..Yes. 50m...yes. Reportable ..No

We have been lucky this year. I hope it continues.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Thank f*** for that!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Wow!! I dont believe it. After some of the shit he has gonefor in the past, I'm in shock. ******* ripper.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

After learning that McLaren has been sacked I honestly wouldnt have given two f**** if Fletcher got a month for it
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bomberdonnie wrote:After learning that McLaren has been sacked I honestly wouldnt have given two f**** if Fletcher got a month for it
bit strange i would have thought, maybe if fletch was reported for a reaction to something McLaren did

very happy Fletch will be out there to monster Robbie gray? not sure who he'd get
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:After learning that McLaren has been sacked I honestly wouldnt have given two f**** if Fletcher got a month for it
bit strange i would have thought, maybe if fletch was reported for a reaction to something McLaren did

very happy Fletch will be out there to monster Robbie gray? not sure who he'd get
Tredrea.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

Tredrea.
Be almost tempting to put Hurley on Tredrea after his efforts last year. But I think we can all safely say that Hurley will be lurking up forward again this week. Hope his knee is OK though....
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hurley should play forward as team structure seems alot better when we have two tall forwards instead of only one.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Hurley will play wherever the f*** he wants to play. In fact, if Hurley is a bit late, the game will start when he decides to turn up he is that good.

Going to send out the Chuck Norris email but change everything to Hurley. I mean come on, guys and girls everywhere are wearing t-shirts with his name on it. They figure, if I can not be as good as him, I may as well let him be on me!
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Rossoneri wrote:Hurley will play wherever the f*** he wants to play. In fact, if Hurley is a bit late, the game will start when he decides to turn up he is that good.

Going to send out the Chuck Norris email but change everything to Hurley. I mean come on, guys and girls everywhere are wearing t-shirts with his name on it. They figure, if I can not be as good as him, I may as well let him be on me!
I like the idea of the Chuck Norris thing! Hurls can just do whatever he wants!

Do you know that Michael Hurley can touch MC Hammer?
Michael Hurley won a game of connect 4 in only 3 moves...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

While we're talking about the marvel Hurley, has he got a bionic left leg or something? We all saw that monster left foot goal against Hawthorn in R22 last year, but he did it again on Saturday night when he took one step and went THWACK with a 55+ metre kick. The ball carried over the back of the forwards as they expected it to come in a lot shorter.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:While we're talking about the marvel Hurley, has he got a bionic left leg or something? We all saw that monster left foot goal against Hawthorn in R22 last year, but he did it again on Saturday night when he took one step and went THWACK with a 55+ metre kick. The ball carried over the back of the forwards as they expected it to come in a lot shorter.
Kicked it better on his left than his right. Love it when he runs onto that side and goes bang. Hit's a target more often than not too!
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

When I watched the replay Matthew Lloyd was saying that when he first came to the club no one knew which foot was his dominant one. It's a pretty good weapon to have as he can lead to either flank and swing inwards and belt the ball forward.

Not many players are as good on their opposite foot, Aker is the only one that springs to mind other than Hurley.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ha ha,love it.

SCOTT McLAREN is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

You'll never shake THAT TAG sonshine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:Not many players are as good on their opposite foot, Aker is the only one that springs to mind other than Hurley.
Tredrea at his best could nail them from outside 50 on either foot.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

j-mac31 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Not many players are as good on their opposite foot, Aker is the only one that springs to mind other than Hurley.
Tredrea at his best could nail them from outside 50 on either foot.
Yes he certainly could. I must have blocked him out of my memory as he seemed to do it against us so often!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

... around again in 2011 :D (as it seems)
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals