2012 Non-Essendon Match / Discussion Thread

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2012 Non-Essendon Match / Discussion Thread

Post by jimmyc1985 »

j-mac31 wrote:Josh Kennedy (the West Coast one) out for up to three months with an ankle injury. That hurts, but Darling is more than handy to have step up and Cox and Naitanui go alright.

Josh Kennedy (the Sydney one) could be leading the Brownlow right now.
All of LeCras, Kennedy, Embley and Nicoski out with LTIs from their forward line now. Can't say i sympathise too heavily with them given they had the best run with injuries of any club last year, although it's pretty unfortunate that the injured players are mostly concentrated in the forward line.

Also reported that Fyfe again popped his shoulder at training, Freo are due to release a statement later today - guess he could play on and hope it stays sound, but a shoulder reco would ordinarily mean he'd miss the remainder of the year, bloody tough break.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gossy7 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:pretty safe on the WCE finishing top i would have thought but not sure about the Swans, they win this week and your looking good though
:wink:
now it's swung the other way with Kennedy out for 12 weeks, WCE is the weaker link, amazing what 4 days can do
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:Josh Kennedy (the West Coast one) out for up to three months with an ankle injury. That hurts, but Darling is more than handy to have step up and Cox and Naitanui go alright.

All of LeCras, Kennedy, Embley and Nicoski out with LTIs from their forward line now. Can't say i sympathise too heavily with them given they had the best run with injuries of any club last year, although it's pretty unfortunate that the injured players are mostly concentrated in the forward line.

Also reported that Fyfe again popped his shoulder at training, Freo are due to release a statement later today - guess he could play on and hope it stays sound, but a shoulder reco would ordinarily mean he'd miss the remainder of the year, bloody tough break.
I don't think the JK (West Coast) will be as big a loss as everyone is saying... He has kicked 5 goals in the last 4 games, and WC have been cruising... Darling, Lynch and natanui/Cox as the resting ruckman won't stuff up their structure too much.

I think they will continue to keep playing well.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gossy7 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

I don't think the JK (West Coast) will be as big a loss as everyone is saying... He has kicked 5 goals in the last 4 games, and WC have been cruising... Darling, Lynch and natanui/Cox as the resting ruckman won't stuff up their structure too much.

Just like losing Hurley didn't hurt our structure coz he hasn't kicked many goals?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

boncer34 wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

Just like losing Hurley didn't hurt our structure coz he hasn't kicked many goals?
We are a completely different side. I said it won't stuff up their structure 'too much'. We don't have the depth to cover a loss like Hurley, where as a team like West Coast does. That was my point :roll:
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gossy7 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

We are a completely different side. I said it won't stuff up their structure 'too much'. We don't have the depth to cover a loss like Hurley, where as a team like West Coast does. That was my point :roll:
Who? Darling works well when he gets the second best defender. He'll now get the number one attention. The Q-tip may be adequate but his best seasons were 5 years ago. Sure he started this season well but again instead of getting the 3rd tall, who by the way in most sides is usually 3rd tall up, he'll now get a legitimate backman.

Look at how Collingwood line up. It would mean instead of Lynch getting Maxwell he would get Reid or Brown.

And Cox and Natanui you say? Well you seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking just because our rucks float forward and look good means all rucks can. Cox has kicked more then 2 goals exactly 3 times in 200+ games. Hardly a strong form line. Nic Nat has kicked more then 2 goals once. Again hardly a strong form line.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

boncer34 wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:[quote="Gossy7[ quote="j-mac31"]Josh Kennedy (the West Coast one) out for up to three months with an ankle injury. That hurts, but Darling is more than handy to have step up and Cox and Naitanui go alright.

Just like losing Hurley didn't hurt our structure coz he hasn't kicked many goals?[/quote]

We are a completely different side. I said it won't stuff up their structure 'too much'. We don't have the depth to cover a loss like Hurley, where as a team like West Coast does. That was my point :roll:[/quote]
Who? Darling works well when he gets the second best defender. He'll now get the number one attention. The Q-tip may be adequate but his best seasons were 5 years ago. Sure he started this season well but again instead of getting the 3rd tall, who by the way in most sides is usually 3rd tall up, he'll now get a legitimate backman.

Look at how Collingwood line up. It would mean instead of Lynch getting Maxwell he would get Reid or Brown.

And Cox and Natanui you say? Well you seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking just because our rucks float forward and look good means all rucks can. Cox has kicked more then 2 goals exactly 3 times in 200+ games. Hardly a strong form line. Nic Nat has kicked more then 2 goals once. Again hardly a strong form line.[/quote]

You asked who? Yet you named all the eagles depth players that are capable of stepping up. I take your point about taking the best backman, but it has the been the Josh Hill (11 goals) and Hams (8 goals) and the midfielders that have done most of the damage for WCE this season.

I think Nicoski has been the biggest loss to date in terms of valuable players, as good as Embley, Kennedy and LeCras are.

I just think it will allow more of a focus on Natanui/Cox, they are class players and will step up, possibly being overshadowed by the presence of Kennedy down there.

They'll be fine West Coast.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Fremantle scraped over the line against GC. We're not the only ones who've had some trouble putting them away. At least when we played them ABlett was awesome.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I watched the 2nd half of the the Gold Coast v Fremantle game.

Freo were very lucky...a few non calls their way followed by some 50/50 calls their way and they scraped in with the win.

Gold Coast lost Bock in the first 1/4 with a suspected broken leg, Swallow hurt his ankle and so played forward for the entire 2nd half and then Brennan damaged his knee in the 3rd quarter.

Gold Coast never gave up and Harley Bennell had 37-38 touches....very impressive game by him.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

2nd half starts....Buddy...BANG...Cyril...BANG....goodnight St Kilda.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

not to mention the video review that they can't handle... goal given to a clear behind, it's a bloody joke

also Freo ruckman grabbed it from the throw in and got tackled but the free was given to them and goal... 11 points blatantly given to freo... very VERY lucky tonight
Kakadu Kangaroos
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Protected f****** Species...Buddy Franklin & Cyril Rioli

They grab, they push, they throw the ball, they kick in danger, they go for the ball with one hand while resting the other on their opponents shoulder...

And not one f****** free kick paid against them.

f****** shit umpires and the AFL and their f****** protected favourites ](*,)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Carlton looking very flat against GWS, they only lead them by 16 points in the 3rd quarter.

I'm still expecting them to run away with a 10 goal win.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

swoodley wrote:Protected f****** Species...Buddy Franklin & Cyril Rioli

They grab, they push, they throw the ball, they kick in danger, they go for the ball with one hand while resting the other on their opponents shoulder...

Yep it's f*****. Been happening since Franklin got away with everything against Fletch back in '04 or '05.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Nic Nat not playing today
Kakadu Kangaroos
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I will lose my shit next week if Eagles get the shitty frees they get for "high contact". Ashton Hams is a key culprit with the Selwoods. Hope Hams gets rubbed out.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

JP_12 wrote:I will lose my shit next week if Eagles get the shitty frees they get for "high contact". Ashton Hams is a key culprit with the Selwoods. Hope Hams gets rubbed out.
This...
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Too many people just don't get it.. There is a very simple equation when it comes to football games.. Get to the football first and you will win two things most times. The free kick count and the game.
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Itsmyshow wrote:Too many people just don't get it.. There is a very simple equation when it comes to football games.. Get to the football first and you will win two things most times. The free kick count and the game.
I have seen us do this and still be on the arse end of the free kick count way too many times to agree old mate
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

swoodley wrote:Protected f****** Species...Buddy Franklin & Cyril Rioli

The last goal that Shanklin kicked. He was behind, reached over the shoulder of Dempster, and had a dead set handful of Dempster jumper. How the f*** the umpire didn't see that is beyond me.
Last edited by Gimps on Mon May 07, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.