Essendon v North Melbourne Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Essendon v North Melbourne Match Thread

Post by paddyl90 »

I hate these games. Season on the line stuff against bogey teams (we just got over them Round 1). We played very well last week, the first time since probably the Western Bulldogs game and North a keeping on winning with their easy draw. The only thing we can hope is that they have a flat one today. In the context of the ladder the winner should be assured a spot in the 8 based on the run home. North a few potent players who probably will have a field day today in Wells, Swallow & Petrie. Chuck in the younger guys like Harper, Cunnington, Atley. Just want to stamp our authority on this game and have a good win! I think we can still salvage a lot with a decent run home into finals, should we make it. Get some players over the next few weeks.

My prediction - I think the club has set themselves for today with Bomber coming out and saying it's our Grand Final. I wonder how much last week's close effort will in anyway motivate them for this week. I expect a high shoot out style game with a bullshit umpiring decision (s) to decide our season and North will probably win.

But I can't let myself tip North against us so Essendon by 12
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Essendon v North Melbourne Match Thread

Post by BenDoolan »

They're in good form and we're not. That will be the difference today.
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Match thread started barely 9 hours before the game starts suggests that there is not a great deal of confidence out there in BT land.

Being the eternal optimist, I saw a bit last week which suggests if we want it badly enough, we can get over Norf. Our form has been all over the shop and some can be attributed to personel, or lack thereof, but it still does not excuse bad decisions, miskicks, lack of effort etc from those who remained.

We can get up for crunch games and none are more "crunchier" but FFs have a real crack and think of the poor suffering fans who have had to witness some real crap over the past few weeks.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

We were good last week but raw emotion is usually a commodity that has short term value. Raw emotion, backs to the wall, against the odds nearly got us over the line against Adelaide.

This week is an altogether different proposition.

Simply put, we cannot expect to be the favourite on form and on missing players. Our midfield without Stanton, Howlett, Zaharakis, Winderlich is quite simply a B Team line up - thank god Jobe is that good that he alone may possibly drag us over the line or at least square the ledger in the middle.

I will be interested to see how the teams line up - personally I cant see Hurley, Crameri and Gumby all playing forward. I suspect with both Pears and Hooker missing, Hurley will play a defensive role and perhaps give us a glimpse of the future. He has been hot and cold at CHF this year but I believe he could be a great CHB if allowed to settle into this role. So much depends on Gumby improving for this to become a reality.

No doubt this is the game we have to win. If we dont, we are not out of the finals running as you can always count on the Dons finding the emotional spark when their backs are to the wall - this will surely be the case against either Carlton or Collingwood.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

We've got a few good players back, enough to beat a team like North.. put simply.. JUST F U C K E N WIN!!!
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Pricks have been blessed with injuries & we're getting as many soft tissue injuries into our players as possible.

They're an average side with a settled team & that may be the difference. No doubt they'll work over Jobe with our weakened midfield.
What I want to see is reward for our F50 entries, & also defend against the R50s (something which I'm getting sick of hearing Hird talk about post-game).

Definitely a winnable game, but Norf deserve to start clear favourites.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

It all comes down to how many soldiers we lose to the dreaded STI's today.It seems we are averaging 2 each bloody game. Let's hope for once, we keep all men fit to see out today's game and if they REALLY want it, they should get over the line.
Image]
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Monfries is the sub. Hopefully we won't need him..
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Gimps wrote:Monfries is the sub. Hopefully we won't need him..
Someone will get injured in the first quarter and he will end up playing most of the game.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

DISSSSSSSSCO!!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

We're to short down back.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Great work Disco! Hard as nails!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Colyer you idiot.

Btw what was the free against disco for? Being tougher?
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Same old stupid turnovers resulting in their goals!! They never LEARN! :twisted:
Image]
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Need to shut down Wells NOW!...can't allow him any room like they just did!
Image]
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

MELKSHAM DID SOMETHING!!!!!!...well done!
Image]
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

f****** hit a target you useless c****. Hibberd you're playing like my nan after two knee reco's.

f***.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Well, considering they are now without 2 of their best mids, we need to take advantage of it...BUT WILL WE?..
Image]
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Daisy..1 wrote:Well, considering they are now without 2 of their best mids, we need to take advantage of it...BUT WILL WE?..
No. we're f****** useless.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Good Colyer. Not only do you overrun it you block jetta so he can't get it.

f***.