International Cricket

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: International Cricket

Post by grassy1 »

Re the POINTLESS,POINTLESS One Day Series -

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

South Africa are just creaming the Poms at the minute...

ENG 385 (A. Cook 115, J. Trott 71, M. Prior 60, M. Morkel 4-72) v SAf 2/637 dec (H. Amla 311*, G. Smith 131, J. Kallis 182*)

Amla is the first South African to score a triple ton in Test cricket =D> and Kallis notched up his 43rd Test century. His record is phenomenal.
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Don't you mean the South Africans are creaming the South Africans + 1 Irish guy?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The only trouble BD is that they more than likely won't have enough time to actually win the game.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:The only trouble BD is that they more than likely won't have enough time to actually win the game.
With Steyn, Morkel and Philander in the attack, I think they'll be able to get the remaining 6 wickets with 90 overs in the day (unless the English summer plays true to form.....)

Now they only need 5 wickets...
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Saffers win by an innings and 12 runs.

ENG dismissed for 240 in the 2nd dig (I. Bell 55, M. Prior 40, D. Steyn 5-56, I. Tahir 3-63)
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Is Sachin just playing for personal records?

Tendulkar will be turning 40 next year. It's been 20 months (and 24 innings) since his last test century. He is averaging just 36 in this time. Time to hang up the boots sonny.

But there's probably a series coming up against Bangladesh soon.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BenDoolan wrote:Is Sachin just playing for personal records?

Tendulkar will be turning 40 next year. It's been 20 months (and 24 innings) since his last test century. He is averaging just 36 in this time. Time to hang up the boots sonny.

Make that 27 innings and an average of 34.65. He has only scored 6 half centuries in the last 27 innings. His overall average has dropped from somehere near 58 down to 54.

Time to call stumps.

Ian Chappell said it was always better for someone to ask you "why did you reitre?" instead of "why didn't you retire?" It would mean you left the game when you were still at or near your best rather than withering away....
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

An interesting occurrence has taken place in the current test match between Bangladesh and West Indies. A 20 year old Bangladeshi bowler on his test debut made 113 batting at No.10 :shock: He struck 14 fours and 3 sixes! He then went for a century of runs with the ball without taking a wicket (currently has 0-113 just to be symmetrical).

West Indies in reply are struggling at 4/561 with Marlon Samuels making a lazy 260.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh- ... 87470.html
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Ian Chappell said it was always better for someone to ask you "why did you reitre?" instead of "why didn't you retire?" It would mean you left the game when you were still at or near your best rather than withering away....
Chappelli is often incredibly annoying, but he (for obvious reasons) has a fantastic knowledge and understanding of the game and he is spot on in this matter. It's the same with Ponting.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Some were disappointed that the Boxing Day test only went for 2.5 days. Looks like the Test between South Africa & New Zealand might only last one day :roll:

New Zealand bowled out for 45. That's right, 45. They couldn't even bat for 20 overs. Philander took 5 for 7. And Kane Williamson was the only bloke to score double figures with 13. South Africa in reply are 1/108 off 25 overs. Amla has already beaten New Zealand with his score of 66*

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 67356.html
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:Some were disappointed that the Boxing Day test only went for 2.5 days. Looks like the Test between South Africa & New Zealand might only last one day :roll:

New Zealand bowled out for 45. That's right, 45. They couldn't even bat for 20 overs. Philander took 5 for 7. And Kane Williamson was the only bloke to score double figures with 13. South Africa in reply are 1/108 off 25 overs. Amla has already beaten New Zealand with his score of 66*

WTF...if I was the Saffers, I would be batting through to the end of day 3 if possible...5/324 as I type this...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Crazyman wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Some were disappointed that the Boxing Day test only went for 2.5 days. Looks like the Test between South Africa & New Zealand might only last one day :roll:

WTF...if I was the Saffers, I would be batting through to the end of day 3 if possible...5/324 as I type this...
Haha, they declared 8/347 and already have NZ one for none.......11 New Zealand wickets for 45 runs. FMD!!!
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:
Crazyman wrote:

Haha, they declared 8/347 and already have NZ one for none.......11 New Zealand wickets for 45 runs. FMD!!!
2/84 as I type this...
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

New Zealand 45 & 257/7 (95.1 ov)

South Africa 347/8d
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

NZ lost by innings and 27 runs...at least they put up a fight in the second innings, though they were never going to come close in reality...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

When I saw this score 45/10, I thought that the All Blacks had given the Saffers a pasting. Alas, was not to be!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:New Zealand bowled out for 45. That's right, 45. They couldn't even bat for 20 overs. Philander took 5 for 7. And Kane Williamson was the only bloke to score double figures with 13. South Africa in reply are 1/108 off 25 overs. Amla has already beaten New Zealand with his score of 66!
3 SAers had passed NZ's score by stumps on day one!

But it's not that long since they did that to us. Although IIRC we also bowled a pretty good innings that day.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

FMD, South Africa are making a habit of blasting sides out for SFA. Recently they have trashed our batting line up when they bowled us out for 47 in 2011. Then they did the job on NZ not so long ago when they skewered them for 45. And now Pakistan joining the 40's club by getting roasted for 49...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 67363.html

Dale Steyn 6 for 8! :shock: =D>
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Is Sachin just playing for personal records?

Make that 27 innings and an average of 34.65. He has only scored 6 half centuries in the last 27 innings. His overall average has dropped from somehere near 58 down to 54.

Time to call stumps.

Ian Chappell said it was always better for someone to ask you "why did you reitre?" instead of "why didn't you retire?" It would mean you left the game when you were still at or near your best rather than withering away....
Sachin without a doubt is the most overrated cricket player to pull on the pads.

Not denying he's been a gun but that doesn't mean he cant be overrated.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.