So who goes?

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

So who goes?

Post by j-mac31 »

"Now it's time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts."
- Homer Simpson

Hille and Ovens are obviously already gone. That leaves at least one more change.

Surely Jetta has to go. Simply not up to it and been around too long. Plus Dell'Ollio plays the same position but better.

Luke Davis has had some injury problems but hasn't played a senior game in three years, so could be gone.

I'm not don't know if Davey's worth holding onto these days.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: So who goes?

Post by boncer34 »

Davis and Jetta are gone.

I love Trav but Colyer is on the fringe to I'd reckon, maybe Browne coz he can't seemingly get a run at it injury wise.

Though with restricted draft access I'd be looking at being very selective with our trimmings and would be looking at whoring players out.

Rumor is St Kilda are interested in Pears due to Brown staying at WCE. I'd take Gimps piss in a bottle for him.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

If we can get anything for Pears, do it. I think Steinberg is a dud, but I'd take him over Pears right now.

I reckon Colyer will be given at least one more year to see if he can get into the team and impact more games.

Browne is an interesting one. Only played a handful of games and none this year, but last year when he played he looked handy and I love his aggression.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Due to our draft sanctions I don't think we will delist many.. Maybe Davis, Hunter, possibly Browne. We will try & trade Jetta, Pears & Gumby is imagine to get back in the draft. I'd upgrade Dalgliesh & give Colyer one more year!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Retired:
Hille
NLM

Gone:

Jetta
Gumby
Davis

Worried for:
Colyer
Browne

I really rate Colyer & Browne as players to hang on to...just worry how long they will get the chance. Seems like we have a core midfield group / team that interchanges when there are injuries / suspensions. They're still very young too so don't see why they should be cast away. Steinberg is pretty decent in the VFL from the games I've seen. Heard last year he should've been traded as he did nothing as a forward but pretty good defender. Don't know how he'd go in AFL though.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

JP_40 wrote:Retired:
Hille
NLM

Gone:

Jetta
Gumby
Davis

Worried for:
Colyer
Browne

I really rate Colyer & Browne as players to hang on to...just worry how long they will get the chance. Seems like we have a core midfield group / team that interchanges when there are injuries / suspensions. They're still very young too so don't see why they should be cast away. Steinberg is pretty decent in the VFL from the games I've seen. Heard last year he should've been traded as he did nothing as a forward but pretty good defender. Don't know how he'd go in AFL though.
Steinberg is gone.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Davis and Hunter confirmed.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I couldn't see us making more than 5 cuts to the senior list.