NFL 2013

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Re: NFL 2013

Post by BERT »

Well that was a let down. Crap game.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Hard to tell what was worst Denver's Offense of Defence, both complete shithouse.

Peyton Manning was horrible, but to be fair, his offensive line pretty much allowed the Seattle Defence do whatever the f*** they wanted.

Huge question marks hanging over Peyton's legacy now. As good a quarterback as he is, massive question marks over the value of a Quarterback that is one of the most talented ever, who simply fails in massive games far too often.

To say Eli is half the quarterback Peyton is, is being extremely kind to Eli, but Eli has been able to pull off two clutch performances to win the Giants two Superbowls.

Give me the brother who performs on the big stage, thanks!!
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

I loved the game. To watch a team dissect an opponent so clinically was great to watch. One of the best offenses of all time completely shut down by an opponent that refused to let them breathe. Seattle scored on offense, defence and special teams before the Broncs scored at all. Amazing.

I'm a Redskins fan, but I got on board the hawks bandwagon early this season because they were just so much fun to watch. And that defence was amazing this season. To be that good, particularly against the pass, when modern football is so heavily favoured towards passing attacks, is outstanding.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Well that was shit. Manning certainly was bad, but who wasn't? I put the whooping on everyone.

As a Broncos fan I don't really care about Manning's 'legacy', but I think it's unfair that it always gets brought up that he doesn't play well in big games. It's bloody hard to even get to the Super Bowl and while the quarterback is usually the most important player, everything has to click into place. For example yesterday the Broncos' D was shithouse.

I do however wonder whether spending $20M a year on one player creates too much of a handicap on spending across the rest of the team to build a Super Bowl winner. The last 3 years have shown that even with the rules favoring passing so much, you can still win the Super Bowl without and elite QB.

Still, 30 other teams wish they got there.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
azza78
High Draft Pick

Post by azza78 »

I agree with your comments re: Manning's legacy, J-Mac. There is so much that is out of a QB's control when it comes to whether his side wins or not. As the saying goes, QBs get too much credit when they win and cop too much blame when they lose. Fact is, he's gone to 3 Super Bowls and won 1. Many players would love to have a legacy like that.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BTW Azza what's your take on the 'R' word?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
azza78
High Draft Pick

Post by azza78 »

I'm assuming by 'r' you mean the Redskin nickname?

I think it's all about context. I think these days when the term is mentioned people think of the football team and not the derogatory nature of the word. In a way, I think the team being called the Redskins has helped to diminish the racist meaning of the term.

From what I've learnt about the issue that a lot of native Americans no longer find the term offensive. They do get upset, however, when fans dress up in the feathered headdresses and traditional Indian garb, or make gestures such as the tomahawk.

I wouldn't like to see the name changed, as it's been used for decades and I think it's gone past being racist. Easy for me to say that however as I am not a native American and the word has no significance to me.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

azza78 wrote:I loved the game. To watch a team dissect an opponent so clinically was great to watch. One of the best offenses of all time completely shut down by an opponent that refused to let them breathe. Seattle scored on offense, defence and special teams before the Broncs scored at all. Amazing.

I'm a Redskins fan, but I got on board the hawks bandwagon early this season because they were just so much fun to watch. And that defence was amazing this season. To be that good, particularly against the pass, when modern football is so heavily favoured towards passing attacks, is outstanding.
Watching that made me feel better about Kaps last quarter the week before.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

.......or Worse! :( :( :( :( :(
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Not NFL but awesome anyway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkq60Ilk-uM
j-mac31