Brazil 2014

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Brazil 2014

Post by grassy1 »

Not long to go now.Just a couple of weeks.Exciting times ahead,with lots of Jogo Bonito there,especially from the Hosts.Telecast times might be a bit trying though,with the time difference.

10 Hours our way,12 Hours your's.8am Kick- off would be handy.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Brazil 2014

Post by tonysoprano »

Yeah - looking forward to it.
I think Aus v Chile is 6am in Perth and 8am over east Saturday morning 14th June - so pretty good.
Reckon Brazil v Argentina would be ideal final. (Not sure if possible though).
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Any program I can catch on Brazil on the Telly right now,I'll watch.

Like Sam's A Pang for Brasil.Why didn't he organize his meeting with Madonna's ex,a little later though?

Leaving a Fla- Flu match,halfway through?C'mon Sam! :roll:

35 Million Flamengo fans.Plus 2.

Your's Truly and the kid I saw on a lazy Saturday Afternoon,earlier this year at Fremantle Oval.He was wearing a Flamengo Shirt,his brother,a Fluminese Shirt,with another brother,their Australian dad was telling me,a Vasco Da Gama fan.Easy to do here,glad they managed it there.

Marry that girl,you watched the Sunset with,Sam! :wink:If not, Have you go her number? 8)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:Any program I can catch on Brazil on the Telly right now,I'll watch.

Like Sam's A Pang for Brasil.Why didn't he organize his meeting with Madonna's ex,a little later though?

Your's Truly and the kid I saw on a lazy Saturday Afternoon,earlier this year at Fremantle Oval.He was wearing a Flamengo Shirt,his brother,a Fluminese Shirt,with another brother,their Australian dad was telling me,a Vasco Da Gama fan.Easy to do here,glad they managed it there.

Marry that girl,you watched the Sunset with,Sam! :wink:If not, Have you go her number? 8)
I caught a glimpse of a show the other day and the saying "Pana Witchy Salatoo" frightened the hell outta me. Don't know why I thought of it again, but it seems appropriate to mention it....
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
grassy1 wrote:Any program I can catch on Brazil on the Telly right now,I'll watch.

I caught a glimpse of a show the other day and the saying "Pana Witchy Salatoo" frightened the hell outta me. Don't know why I thought of it again, but it seems appropriate to mention it....
Yeah this reminds me of when I was in Hawaii and saw a pineapple.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Will be going for the Aussies and anyone playing the English.

Not holding much hope for the Socceroos though, could get very ugly.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ange building for the future,Rob?

So long as they don't get Clobbered,the Trip to The World Cup of All World Cups will be worth it,though I'm not expecting any advance past the group stage this time.

151 Hours 48 minutes to Kick-off.Now,I need an empty House.Not an easy task.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Anyone for Pop Brazil on SBS 3 for the next 5 - 6 weeks? :wink:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote:Ange building for the future,Rob?

So long as they don't get Clobbered,the Trip to The World Cup of All World Cups will be worth it,though I'm not expecting any advance past the group stage this time.

151 Hours 48 minutes to Kick-off.Now,I need an empty House.Not an easy task.
I still don't see the talent in the squad. If he was truly building for the future he would have kept an under an injury cloud Rogic instead of an under an injury cloud Bresciano in the squad.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The next 2 weeks of 5 might tell us something about the squad he has now.

Is all of Brazil on the same time zone?No sure how far the furthest venue West is.Up the North-West on the Amazon maybe?

11 Hours behind WST,13 Hours behind EST?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Sam's program was in Salvador tonight,the former Capital of Brazil,200 years ago.Very colourfull place,with the African Beat a strong influence on the Spirit of Carnivale in the state of Bahia,4th largest in population,5 largest in size.

Then a quick trip back to Rio and the World of Brazilian Soap.Who needs Home and Away or Neighbors there,when you have all the fun of a few Bitch Slaps there?Nice Star that Sam was talking to,Mariana.......who needs Collingwod,when you have Brazil,Sam?
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Drew Chile as my team at my gym. One of 700 that entered that got a team. Conflicted????

Nah.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Well the better team one but for all the commentators gushing about this mornings match I was left feeling very much meh.

Chile's goal was pure unluckiness.

Brazil's first and third should've been saved, the penalty wasn't there and then the keeper got to the penalty and didn't stop it.

Croat keeper wont be welcome back into the country anytime soon.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Did anyone else get on the bet easy deal? Doubtful we'll win a game but it costs nothing!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:Did anyone else get on the bet easy deal? Doubtful we'll win a game but it costs nothing!
It's the only reason I care about this.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I'm happy.

3-1,with Neymar getting 2 of the 10,I need him to get,in a competition I'min. :D
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

One of the last things you want to hear about your team is that they were brave. Patronising and demeaning.

The Socceroos were brave today.

It was better than being the witches hats they looked like in the first 20 minutes though.

The Chile/Spain game will be cracker. The Spanish will be angry and desperate.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Have to admire them going for the 2nd goal to try and get a goal, ended up opening them up at the back and costing another goal. Oh well it's an all or nothing tournament and a loss early on makes it hard to qualify.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I thought the Socceroos second half was very good - created some very good chances - a close (but correct call) on Cahill's disallowed header; Bresc's lovely left foot to the bottom corner that was kept out, and another Cahill header which he couldn't keep down.

The 2nd Chile goal was outstanding - how was the fake shoulder duck and turn by Sanchez before attracting our defenders like flies to raw meat and slipping it inside to the eventual scorer (great finish by the way).

Overall - BRAVE! Just outclassed.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hoping Italy can beat the English this morning. Unfortunately the English look pretty good this year.