Bomber Thompson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Bomber Thompson

Post by j-mac31 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:16 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:It's not about owing Thompson anything FFS. It's about keeping and using one of the best football minds in the business.
Keeping him in what capacity? He wants to be head coach and that's about it.
I think you need to read between the lines jmac. This "he only wants to be head coach" line is pretty lame. If it were the case, why would he have bothered to meet with the club 2 days ago knowing full well Hird had secured his job?
A desperate pitch from Little an co.?

Perhaps he was actually willing to take a lower position, but deep down I am he really wanted to be head coach and so anything else wasn't going to appeal too much to him.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:31 pm

I thought it was more to do with the fact that he didn't want to have to answer to Neil Craig.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:51 pm

robrulz5 wrote:I thought it was more to do with the fact that he didn't want to have to answer to Neil Craig.
That's the crux of it.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:56 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:I thought it was more to do with the fact that he didn't want to have to answer to Neil Craig.
That's the crux of it.
Well it would be an unforgivable absolute cock up if Bomber walked and Craig Went to the Doggies ... we would be deserving of the crap spewing from Wilson's pea brain tonight if it were ...

But then again, only a few weeks ago she was happy to sink the boots into Bomber (based on "inside info" from the AFL) so he was white anted in consideration for the Gold Coast job, now its poor Bomber, Little and Hird have done him wrong. But then zealots are like that.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:49 am

Quote The Whore: "Even allowing for Thompson's unreliability over keeping appointments in recent times it seems inconceivable that the Bombers could have placed the senior coaching position on the table for Thompson on the morning of the Crichton Medal count and then six weeks later sacked him."

Hahahahahaha she couldn't help herself the stupid bitch! :lol:
It just fell out of the sky

little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:49 am

What like he did all this year?

Seemed pretty happy this season. I am sure the is fine with all the guys in the coaching group. Bomber will come in from the cold as Head Coach if Hirdy has problems. Which Hird won't, because he can coach.

But he obviously feels like he doesnt need to teach Hirdy anything more about coaching.

StanMan
Top Up Player

Post by StanMan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:56 am

It isn't Neil "Bomber' Craig FFS - The dumb Phucks running (down) our wonderful club just don't get anything - Even a brainless moron could see that Mark 'BOMBER' Thompson would never come at reporting to an Adelaide has been (or never was).

I am over the baggage Hird brings back to the club, I don't accept Harvey as a coach, and Neeld is the greatest sook there ever was in the AFL.

The players and all of us loved our Bomber, Little and Co are just plain dumb phucks.

Renew membership ? Not on your Phucking life !

donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:21 am

StanMan wrote:It isn't Neil "Bomber' Craig FFS - The dumb Phucks running (down) our wonderful club just don't get anything - Even a brainless moron could see that Mark 'BOMBER' Thompson would never come at reporting to an Adelaide has been (or never was).

I am over the baggage Hird brings back to the club, I don't accept Harvey as a coach, and Neeld is the greatest sook there ever was in the AFL.

The players and all of us loved our Bomber, Little and Co are just plain dumb phucks.

Stupid inbred c*** he is.

bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:32 pm

StanMan wrote:It isn't Neil "Bomber' Craig FFS - The dumb Phucks running (down) our wonderful club just don't get anything - Even a brainless moron could see that Mark 'BOMBER' Thompson would never come at reporting to an Adelaide has been (or never was).

f*** off then.

bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 pm

little_ripper wrote:
I can't even begin to imagine what the f*** you mean by this, get a ****** clue.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:38 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
That's the crux of it.
Boohoo.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
That's the crux of it.
Boohoo.
Yeah, great way to run a football club. What a pack of stupid f****** c**** we have in charge to not be able to make alternative arrangements. No wonder we have been so shit for so long....

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:02 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
That's the crux of it.
Boohoo.
Yeah, great way to run a football club. What a pack of stupid f****** c**** we have in charge to not be able to make alternative arrangements. No wonder we have been so shit for so long....
I don't disagree that we've been shit for a long time, but when Craig was hired the expectation was that Hird was coming back. Everyone (apart from Caro) knew that. He was not hired recently when Bomber may or may not have genuinely thought he was going to be head coach next year. If he wasn't going to be happy fitting in with a new job in the current structure, to bad.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:02 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
That's the crux of it.
Boohoo.
I don't disagree that we've been shit for a long time, but when Craig was hired the expectation was that Hird was coming back. Everyone (apart from Caro) knew that. He was not hired recently when Bomber may or may not have genuinely thought he was going to be head coach next year. If he wasn't going to be happy fitting in with a new job in the current structure, to bad.
Yes, and imagine if the board stuck to their "processes" and told Hird to take a hike when he went against their wishes to appeal the High Court decision....

The thing is, you do your darnedest to retain the best people to bring you success. It is clear we have that in Hird / Thompson. The players know so. The players have said so. If Bomber wanted a different set up to a different role, then you do whatever it takes to make it happen.

gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Bomber reckons the EFC needs a complete rebuild from the ground up and are simply treading water at the moment.

That being the case, I can't see how there could possibly be a role at the club he'd be happy with other than head coach with a lot of clout in off-field decision making. Makes sense that he's gone.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:05 pm

bomberdonnie wrote:

f*** off then.
x2

Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:48 pm

gringo wrote:Bomber reckons the EFC needs a complete rebuild from the ground up and are simply treading water at the moment.

That being the case, I can't see how there could possibly be a role at the club he'd be happy with other than head coach with a lot of clout in off-field decision making. Makes sense that he's gone.
Sheedy-esqe - and didnt that work out wonderfully towards the end! The game is too dynamic now for one guy to be handling too much responsibility - so if your info is good Gringo then I agree with you that it makes sense to let him go - as much as it saddens me..

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:39 pm

little_ripper wrote:

Seemed pretty happy this season. I am sure the is fine with all the guys in the coaching group. Bomber will come in from the cold as Head Coach if Hirdy has problems. Which Hird won't, because he can coach.

But he obviously feels like he doesnt need to teach Hirdy anything more about coaching.
Do you seriously believe Hird is going to be answering to Neil Craig?

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:44 pm

robrulz5 wrote:
little_ripper wrote:

Do you seriously believe Hird is going to be answering to Neil Craig?
Didn't you know? Neil Craig is da boss!

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:40 am

Does anyone know the whereabouts in Port Melbourne of Bomber's food shop, please?
Nothing usually happens until something happens.