Official A-League Thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Official A-League Thread

Post by grassy1 »

Noticed the A - League All Stars played an Entertaining game against The Grand Old Lady of Italan Football,JUVENTUS on Sunday,before 60 000+ at The Olympic Stadium in Sydney.

3 - 2 to JUVE!

A friendly I know,but I hope the AFL was taking notes on Real Loyalties in West Sydney.Still giving Freebies to any GWS Fan you scrounge out that way Mike and Gillon????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote:Noticed the A - League All Stars played an Entertaining game against The Grand Old Lady of Italan Football,JUVENTUS on Sunday,before 60 000+ at The Olympic Stadium in Sydney.

3 - 2 to JUVE!

A friendly I know,but I hope the AFL was taking notes on Real Loyalties in West Sydney.Still giving Freebies to any GWS Fan you scrounge out that way Mike and Gillon????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Would be funny if a visit from a corrupt football club were to show the AFL these loyalties.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

JUVE aren't exactly Squeakyclean Rob,losing 2 Titles,which many at The Gran Old Lady are Still in Denial about.

Still,the AFL are fighting a losing Battle in West Sydney and they Know t! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote:JUVE aren't exactly Squeakyclean Rob,losing 2 Titles,which many at The Gran Old Lady are Still in Denial about.

Still,the AFL are fighting a losing Battle in West Sydney and they Know t! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Juventus was the corrupt club I was referring to.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Have been given mail that Andy Keogh had a ripper preseason at Perth. Has played a high level of football, should be able to show his class in this league. Should play every week as Perth don't have much else up front.

I'm on him at 15-1 for the top goalscorer.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Caarrn,West Sydney Wanderers!!!!!

If you Host the Asian CHampions League Final,it had better be at The Olympic Stadium in Sydney!

80 000+ Guaranteed!

And that alone should have the AFL Executive Shitting Bricks!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Gimps wrote:Have been given mail that Andy Keogh had a ripper preseason at Perth. Has played a high level of football, should be able to show his class in this league. Should play every week as Perth don't have much else up front.

I'm on him at 15-1 for the top goalscorer.
Into $4.50 and leading the scoring by 1. Should be 2, they gave one as an OG on Sunday that was rubbish.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The Victory are travelling nicely so far, haven't played all that well but managed to be undefeated after 7 games.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Adelaide Win the Inaugural FFA Cup Final 1 - 0 against Perth Glory.Well done to them!

Two Legged Finals not a great idea.That's the Domain of the old English League Cup!

After a year or 3 of Home Finals,perhaps the FFA could investigate making the Final a Permanent Venue,like the Olympic Stadium in Sydney.Or The Dome in Melbourne.Weight of numbers,tips the Favour,Sydney's way,unless Melbourne offers up the MCG!

If that were a possibility,the FFA have to decide when the Final is better off being played.December or April/May?

Meanwhile,the Glory find themselves at the centre of allegations,they rorted the system.Was there substance to those allegations,or Jeolousy?

It turns out,the claims came from an ex employee.Does he have a Legitimate Claim or is he/she have A Big Axe to Grind the Club,which is now 6 points clear on top after beating The Central Coast Mariners 4 - 1.

Well done to the Canberra Ladies on Winning the W League Crown against the Glory 3 - 1.Commiserations to the Glory Girls who had a great season,but could not deliver the goods against a Canberra team that got the better of them at the Business end of the season.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Perth Glory in salary cap strife.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

.....and I daresay The Pooch is Screwed,F111!

:roll: :( :evil: #-o [-X :-&

Tony(Sage),you may put a Shitload of your own money into the club,but can I ask you if you have any idea about how to Run this Club?

Don't go throwing your CEO under a Bus,Pal!I believe you've had a few since 2011/12!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

They've been punished for a breach already so to do it for a second time really exposes some problems. Their spot in the finals now in jeapordy.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Unlike the greyhound Ketut,It's Kaput,Rob.

It's pure tokenism,they're protesting through the FFA.They're just doing it to save some sort of face and they know it!

Be interesting too how many bother turning up this Sunday.

3 000 with 1000 or so at The Shed End.Could be a Ghost town if they don't bother. :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Berisha the Perisher.As big as a Pain in the Arse as you have been over the past 5 years or so,you have my absolute permission to cause the mob in Sydney blue,absolute Pain,score a Hat-trick.

As much as I can't stand You or Muscat,I'd much prefer a Victorian Win than just about everything New South Wales(unless it's the Rabbitohs or Wanderers).
Despite the 25 000 capacity,I hope the game gets a Full House.

Did the Dome get that many with a closed roof on a beautiful Melbourne Day?Nope,don't think so.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

3 - 0 to Melbourne Victory.

Well done to Kevin Muscat and his Team on their Double.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

A very good day yesterday. Victory were fantastic. The crowd was better. My voice is shot and may have a small headache.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Fantastic Day for you Bert.

Bottle it and never let it go. :wink:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

VICTORY!! Perfect season all around!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Fixtures released for 205/16 Season.Looking forward to it,despite the chances of Glory succeeding not being so great.

Early season Kick off times of 4PM good.When it heats up in PERTH,the later Kick-off times of 6.40PM,mercifull.

Melbourne Victory in town once or twice,will be interesting to see if Vukovich gets a Positive or Negative response from the Glory supporters.The You Fat Bastard,you're Shit calls from the Shed boys doesn't count.They do that to every visiting Goalkeeper. :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Good night at the office for Danny Vuckovich in Victory's 2 - 0 Loss to the Wanderers.

Danny,whatever you spin about leaving the Glory you might justify,crawling up to Tony Sage,when he was just as much to blame as the Ex CEO for the Glory's Mess,don't bother!

You buggered off on the Glory and made your bed with Muscat and Victory,Beginning and end of story.Hope you're happy there,but I couldn't help Snigger about the Lousy night you had last night.Cheerio Champ!