Bruest

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Bruest

Post by Gimps »

Rumours flying around about him being trade bait.

Pick 19 should do it.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Re: Bruest

Post by little_ripper »

Gimps wrote:Rumours flying around about him being trade bait.

Pick 19 should do it.
I think we should consider using Pick #1 as part of a three way with the Hawks on O'Meara.

We accept a small downgrade, still get top 5 talent, get a player like Breust in and retain multiple hits at the draft in the top 25.

I think pick #1 the Suns will be really interested in. Its the only option they have to get another player they are dead keen on that might otherwise go to Brisbane, Freo, Carlton, Pies and not be forced to counter a bid on Bowes.

We might even snag another top 10 pick from the suns if they have enough points to bid on their academy. We start with 3(1,19 and Hibberd pick) and might then change it to 4, something else, 19 ,Hibberd pick and someone like Breust.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Can you explain your proposal, step by step, in English?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:Can you explain your proposal, step by step, in English?
No.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I'd take Bruest for 19 BTW.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

We send #1 to the Suns.
Suns get first choice in the draft, so get in before Brisbane, allowing them to choose someone other than Jack Bowes(gun QLD academy prospect of theirs).

Suns send Jaegar OMeara and a later top 10 pick down south(might be #4 or #6 or some other combo, but not too much of a slide).

OMeara heads to Hawthorn, and we receive that later top 10 pick from the Suns and Breust from Hawthorn.
In effect we gain breust, maintain 3 picks in the top 25. We might even ask for 2 picks depending on how the points balance out.

Suns win because they get another top 5 draft selection(they want one top 5) without having to use one on Jack Bowes.(the nominate him with their second choice and a later draft pick to make up the points), Hawks get their player, and we get a good player along with potentially a stronger or equivalent hand in the draft.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

little_ripper wrote:
We send #1 to the Suns.
Suns get first choice in the draft, so get in before Brisbane, allowing them to choose someone other than Jack Bowes(gun QLD academy prospect of theirs).

Suns send Jaegar OMeara and a later top 10 pick down south(might be #4 or #6 or some other combo, but not too much of a slide).

OMeara heads to Hawthorn, and we receive that later top 10 pick from the Suns and Breust from Hawthorn.
In effect we gain breust, maintain 3 picks in the top 25. We might even ask for 2 picks depending on how the points balance out.

Suns win because they get another top 5 draft selection(they want one top 5) without having to use one on Jack Bowes.(the nominate him with their second choice and a later draft pick to make up the points), Hawks get their player, and we get a good player along with potentially a stronger or equivalent hand in the draft.

If we can swap 1 for 4 and Bruest, I'm sold. 8 and Bruest, I'm starting to wane.
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

Gimps wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
We send #1 to the Suns.

If we can swap 1 for 4 and Bruest, I'm sold. 8 and Bruest, I'm starting to wane.
It would more likely be 1 & 19 for 4 and Bruest
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'd take that.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

j-mac31 wrote:I'd take Bruest for 19 BTW.

Don't need him...plus hs a complete pussy

I'm happy with the potential of our small to mid fwds

What we need is a key marking forward

I'd be making a play for Jumpin Jack Reiwoldt. He's got 4 more years, needs a change of scenery, and would be the perfect foil for JD.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

He kicks straight. That's massive plus for us.

Although I think I would vomit if any of our fan base took up that brueest chant the poos and wees make when he gets the pill.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

I think Bruest is a player that benefits from being in that hawthorn team. Im not confident he is going tobe thatmuch chop out on his own. He can consistently kick straight though, something our forwards have yet seemed to master.

Id rather keep pick 1 to be honest.

im keen on mccluggage. hate to miss a potential gem just for bruest and a later 1st rd pick.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Get f***** if we were to help Hawthorn to land O'Meara.
Let them give this year's and next year's first round pick for OMeara. Even then the Suns would want a top player as well.
OMeara is still in play to go the the PSD.
s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

s'dreams wrote:Get f***** if we were to help Hawthorn to land O'Meara.
Let them give this year's and next year's first round pick for OMeara. Even then the Suns would want a top player as well.
OMeara is still in play to go the the PSD.

They did contribute to us getting rid of Carlisle last year and we should be grateful as that scored Francis to us didn't it?

I agree with the O'Meara thing though. How grateful should we be when it may mess with our possibilities?
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Bruest would just be mark Williams #2 we don't need him and I can't see the point in it. The only way I'd trade pick one is for either an absolute gun and there doesn't seem to be any of those available, or a slight slide down for two picks i.e.: 4+6 I can't see either of those happening so I say we keep pick one and get the best kid we can!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Pick 19 should do it.
Remember when you mocked people for thinking unders would get it done for O'Meara?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Interesting.

Doubt anything would come of it.

My thoughts are not as excited as some might be. No doubt Breust is one of the best small forwards in the game. His accuracy is excellent. He averages 2 goals a game. But...

* He is surrounded by elite kicking teammates who give him plenty of opportunities
* As someone has mentioned, he looks and plays like a pussy. I often wonder "how does he do it" when he's often found on his own (perhaps oppositions are busy worrying about Rioli, Puopolo etc)
* I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for anything other than a gun mid or gun key position player. Flankers, forget it.

In saying that, there's no doubt he would improve our crud forward line.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Our crud forward line could do with another big marking option like Hooker. Once JD learns to work in tandem with a regular alternative target, with our returning midfielders, our forwards will/should get plenty of opportunities. With that comes confidence and confidence improves skills.

Bruest isn't what we need as Laverde can fulfill that role for a while.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
Bruest isn't what we need as Laverde can fulfill that role for a while.
That's true.

Hopefully we get to see Dempsey turn into Burgoyne, Gleeson turn into Hodge, Kommer turn into Rioli, J. Merrett turn into Puopolo etc

:wink:
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

boncer34 wrote:

Pick 19 should do it.
Remember when you mocked people for thinking unders would get it done for O'Meara?
I think 19 and a later swap/ novelty pick would be close enough.

Would do you suggest?