Melbourne Gangs

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Melbourne Gangs

Post by j-mac31 »

Oh and then there was this piece of brilliance where a guy was acquitted of culpable driving causing death, but pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing death and may avoid jail:

"The jury was not told Singh had a small amount of the drug ice in his system, as judge Wendy Wilmoth previously ruled the evidence inadmissible to ensure he received a fair trial."
http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4307 ... ared-jail/

Surely that goes directly to his culpability and isn't prejudicial.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:Oh and then there was this piece of brilliance where a guy was acquitted of culpable driving causing death, but pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing death and may avoid jail:

"The jury was not told Singh had a small amount of the drug ice in his system, as judge Wendy Wilmoth previously ruled the evidence inadmissible to ensure he received a fair trial."
http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4307 ... ared-jail/

Surely that goes directly to his culpability and isn't prejudicial.
FMD :evil: :evil: :evil:

If he was over 0.05, would that have been inadmissible as well? If not, why not??
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Whilst we're talking about our wonderful courts. My mum was hit by a drunk driver that could barely put two words together that day. In the court room, the judge proceeded to give a spiel along the lines of "The most important aspect in this case is the welfare of Mr. X". To which my old man was almost charged with contempt of court when he told the judge exactly what he thought. I was glad that I was unable to make it to the court that day as I would have went off my nut.

Mr. X had convinced everyone that he was a hard-working member of society, but had been suffering from stress and may have been suicidal. Nope, he was just a ****** low life scumbag bogan alcoholic piece of shit. You know what his punishment was for giving my mum a permanent disability? A 3 month program related to his health and well being. Go and get f*****. That was the day I lost any respect for the judicial system.

I thought about dishing out a bit of my own poetic justice, but this c*** was that far gone in life, that it wouldn't have made a difference. It would have just added to the list of undeserving c**** on welfare. I doubt I will be so kind if I am unlucky enough to be in a similar position again.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Maybe you should have belted him anyway Gimps,then given the same judge a nice old Bullshit story of woe and misery. :-"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

j-mac31 wrote:
mdso wrote:imho many magistrate's and judge's are better educated, well read and very well paid with lots of perks than even a politician receives but most are so removed from the person in the street. They pretty much live in a gold fish bowl.
That's it, but whenever lawyers are told they are out of touch they come up with BS excuses which basically prove they are out of touch.

Easy meat for point scoring Crusading Law and Order Politicians.But they are just as much to blame for soft sentencing,if they continue to give judges room to Manouvre when supposedly Legislating for Tougher Sentences.

We've had 8 Years of Tory Government in WA.

Defence Lawyer Tom Percy would have us believe,sentencing is tougher.So why doesn't the Public believe that line?

Still hear of Outrageously low sentences that do not meet public expectations or demands.It is not interested in the sob stories of the Scumbags of society.

The Justice system is repeatedly asked,What about the Victims?

That question never seems to be Satisfactorily answered.Not since the Days of the Rally for Justice in the early to Mid 90's.

Has anything changed for the better since?I'm not holding my breath! #-o
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

j-mac31 wrote:Oh and then there was this piece of brilliance where a guy was acquitted of culpable driving causing death, but pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing death and may avoid jail:

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4307 ... ail/Surely that goes directly to his culpability and isn't prejudicial.
The courts all have information from the Dept of Justice on how many beds are available in Youth Centres, jails and the Remand Centre. Obviously, they are chockers and have no room due to already being over crowded. This includes people in cells at suburban jails where they play a game called musical cells. So, the courts are letting people off with community service which is an utter whank and/or home detention and/or a community based order which only works if people are closely supervised or monitored. Mostly they are not because the staff are so
under resourced. The whole system is one hell of a mess. The public need a public protest. Enough is enough.
Last edited by mdso on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4307 ... ail/Surely that goes directly to his culpability and isn't prejudicial.
The courts all have information from the Dept of Justice on how many beds are available in Youth Centres, jails and the Remand Centre. Obviously, they are chockers and have no room due to already being over crowded. This includes people in cells at suburban jails where they play a game called musical cells. So, the courts are letting people off with community service which is an utter whank and/or home detention and/or a community based order which only works if people are closely supervised or monitored. Mostly they are not because the staff are so
under resourced. The whole system is one hell of a mess. Another protest march. Enough is enough.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:Whilst we're talking about our wonderful courts. My mum was hit by a drunk driver that could barely put two words together that day. In the court room, the judge proceeded to give a spiel along the lines of "The most important aspect in this case is the welfare of Mr. X". To which my old man was almost charged with contempt of court when he told the judge exactly what he thought. I was glad that I was unable to make it to the court that day as I would have went off my nut.

Mr. X had convinced everyone that he was a hard-working member of society, but had been suffering from stress and may have been suicidal. Nope, he was just a ****** low life scumbag bogan alcoholic piece of shit. You know what his punishment was for giving my mum a permanent disability? A 3 month program related to his health and well being. Go and get f*****. That was the day I lost any respect for the judicial system.

I thought about dishing out a bit of my own poetic justice, but this c*** was that far gone in life, that it wouldn't have made a difference. It would have just added to the list of undeserving c**** on welfare. I doubt I will be so kind if I am unlucky enough to be in a similar position again.
It's about time the c**** that work in the system get charged for contempt of justice
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

grassy1 wrote:Maybe you should have belted him anyway Gimps,then given the same judge a nice old Bullshit story of woe and misery. :-"
My old man belted him a couple of times as we tried to grab the keys out of the ignition, got him good and proper. I was planning on breaking his arms and legs at some stage, but as explained, the bloke wasn't worth it. If he had something going for him, I would have taken it away from him.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gimps wrote:Whilst we're talking about our wonderful courts. My mum was hit by a drunk driver that could barely put two words together that day. In the court room, the judge proceeded to give a spiel along the lines of "The most important aspect in this case is the welfare of Mr. X". To which my old man was almost charged with contempt of court when he told the judge exactly what he thought. I was glad that I was unable to make it to the court that day as I would have went off my nut.

It's about time the c**** that work in the system get charged for contempt of justice
Could not agree more.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:

It's about time the c**** that work in the system get charged for contempt of justice.
I agree with you Ben. I sometimes went to court with people to support them. Hard to support anyone against the shocks of the system.
Sometimes the whole scha'bang the play acting and bullshit Lawyers go on with in court. Its disgraceful the things they say to people and the way they rip people apart and destroy good people's reputations. Then say afterwards I was just doing my job defending my client. I was at the Country Court in Melbourne and during quite a high profile case being tried, I burst out laughing I was very lucky I did not go to jail for contempt. The judge took an instant disliking to me. I felt he didn't give a damn because part of the time the judge was asleep and not paying attention and three people in the jury were too. One bloke snored and woke the others up.

It was then I saw the absolute cosmic joke of it all. Its a sick comedy because the Law is NOT about Justice its about legal argument and
who can make the case. Not about whose been wronged or hurt or killed - none of that matters it is which Lawyer can put across the best interpretation of the LAW and quote precedents. The whole system relies on crime and people doing the wrong thing. A hell of a lot of people
would be out of work if there were no crime and everyone obeyed the law. Crime drives an economy all on its own. Magistrates and Judges get paid enormous amounts of money and have more lurks and perks than pollies. Their world is very different to the person in the street. They are highly intelligent and well read on the Law and within their own fish bowl and mostly out of touch outside it.

That's my opinion from working inside the system but its the only system we've got. Recidivism is a revolving door system. The mission statement of Corrections is a total load of whank. It is not about rehabilitation, in fact not too many people leave rehabilitated and those who do are to be admired. They are in a minority. Everything about the system and the way it is run, defies that happening. Would our world be a better place without the Law - the rules to live by the do's and don'ts and the Court who administer Justice or put those who commit crimes in jail or not. Would our world be a better place without Westminster Law or would it be a worse place?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Step forward the Cleaver Greene's of the World,mdso. #-o
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Did anyone catch the 7:30 Report Last Night?

Interesting topic in African Youth Gangs(mainly Sudaneses)and general Law and Order,or should that be Disorder?

Just go to www.abc.net and click onto the 7:30 Report Link on Programs.

Watch for yourselves and give us some feedback.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:

It's about time the c**** that work in the system get charged for contempt of justice.
I agree that's why I quit. I couldn't stand the injustice of the system to the ordinary person in street who is basically trying to do the right thing most of the time. Its the idiots who are the problem and unfortunately their numbers are growing daily.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:

I agree that's why I quit. I couldn't stand the injustice of the system to the ordinary person in street who is basically trying to do the right thing most of the time. Its the idiots who are the problem and unfortunately their numbers are growing daily.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

grassy1 wrote:Step forward the Cleaver Greene's of the World,mdso. #-o
thanks heaps grassy1, I'll take that as a back handed complement.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Not sure why their group behaviour wasn't reported to police earlier?
It is believed the group were harassing other beachgoers for hours and stealing phones before a brawl erupted following a ‘ verbal altercation’.
http://meanwhileinoz.com.au/2016/12/2-t ... -st-kilda/
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Transport them to Naru asap. This is monstrous!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

newspaper wrote:Three African Apex gang members 'left female cyclist fighting for life after slashing her with a knife in violent robbery'

Victim was riding along Harker Street in North Melbourne when confronted
Two men and a woman approached the victim believed to be in her thirties
They slashed her face, upper arms, torso and neck before cowardly running off
The 2.30am inner-city attack has left her in a serious condition in hospital
Unsure how they know they were Apex gang members?

If I was a law abiding young African bloke, I don't think I'd wanna be seen with another young African bloke. The behaved part of their community must be feeling terrible.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
newspaper wrote:Three African Apex gang members 'left female cyclist fighting for life after slashing her with a knife in violent robbery'

Victim was riding along Harker Street in North Melbourne when confronted
Two men and a woman approached the victim believed to be in her thirties
They slashed her face, upper arms, torso and neck before cowardly running off
The 2.30am inner-city attack has left her in a serious condition in hospital
Unsure how they know they were Apex gang members?

If I was a law abiding young African bloke, I don't think I'd wanna be seen with another young African bloke. The behaved part of their community must be feeling terrible.
Some more of these uncivilised c**** ran riot again.
Essendunny