OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

Post by BenDoolan »

While I did think some "will be a player" most of them were just observations of their positives and negatives πŸ˜‰

What we need is some fancy prediction type statements like...
Windy_Hill wrote:
At long last it really does appear that many players who we were unsure about, are starting to show us what they have. The green shoots of a fantastic team are appearing, Jetta, Myers, Gumbleton, Hocking, Hooker, Davey are starting to achieve consistency and excellence. Coupled with some exciting early sprouters, Hurley, Melksham and Pears, the harvest is nigh.
I'll give you Hooker and Hurley - clearly. But the rest...

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!

I must say, 'andrewb' made a call that Hooker will be better than Pears back in 2009. Crazy call at the time, but is absolutely BANG ON!
Last edited by BenDoolan on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BERT wrote: ↑Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 pm
robbie67 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:52 pm Selwood = Headland - Yay Gumby: July 2007

We made the correct choice for the future. Selwood look very good now when noone is available to tag him, I remember how good headland looked at Brisbane.......
This one is a ripper. Sorry Sis.
Double whammy there... :oops:
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

hahaha jesus. This is the greatest thread outside of f*** off c***. Great work Benny.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

gringo wrote: In three years we will have lost all of Lloyd, Lucas, Fletcher and Michael. With the exception of Ryder, and possibly Gumbleton if we can ever get him on the park, we have no one to replace them with, other than Courtney Johns who admittedly is a GUN.
Oh no he wasn't!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

BenDoolan wrote: Houli is a gun. He's similar Stanton...
Oh no he wasn't! (x2)
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Oh my
rockhole wrote: With all the recent drooling over Rioli, let's not forget what a gun Froggy is.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gyoza wrote: ↑Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:19 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Houli is a gun. He's similar Stanton...
Oh no he wasn't! (x2)
Amazing aye! #-o :oops:

It's starting to worry me that in 10 years time my current opinions on Razz and Tippa will come to bite me on the ass as well :-k

Doubt it though.

I reckon Conor McKenna will become the 2nd Irish import to win a Brownlow.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Here it is...yours truly!
tonysoprano wrote: ↑Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm I know what you're saying Rosso - agree completely with Stants being somewhat like R.Harvey. With Jobe I think he's more like Smokin Joe because of his use of handball. Anyway...either way Jobe is good and will get better. Stants is good and I still reckon he will win a Bronlow one day.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

tonysoprano wrote: ↑Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:20 pm Here it is...yours truly!
tonysoprano wrote: ↑Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm I know what you're saying Rosso - agree completely with Stants being somewhat like R.Harvey. With Jobe I think he's more like Smokin Joe because of his use of handball. Anyway...either way Jobe is good and will get better. Stants is good and I still reckon he will win a Bronlow one day.
hahaha, well, technically he still could :^o
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Here's another ripper...
tonysoprano wrote: ↑Sat May 05, 2007 5:59 pm I am pretty devastated by todays performance - I'm sure everyone is - but one of the enjoyable things about it was the effort and excitement of Alwyn, and the ruck ability of Paddy.

I think Ryder in particular showed that he will probably be the best ruckmen Essendon has had since Simon Madden. Early call - big call - but gee he does look the goods.

Any thoughts?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hahaha, FMD!

I went searching for that, but had no luck. Stants = Robert Harvey. Wow. Brownlow. Hmmmm.

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

Didn't even win a Crichton lol
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote: ↑Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:48 pm
Hahaha, FMD!

I went searching for that, but had no luck. Stants = Robert Harvey. Wow. Brownlow. Hmmmm.

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

He said a "Bronlow", so technically he gets away with that call.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote: ↑Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 pm
BenDoolan wrote: ↑Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:48 pm
Hahaha, FMD!

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

He said a "Bronlow", so technically he gets away with that call.
Maybe he meant Lowbrow? In that case, he's spot on!
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Another gem...
Windy_Hill wrote:

Monfries is your hard at em rover type player. Am I wrong in saying he is a little reminiscent of a Dale Weightman type player or Adrian Gleeson?

Johns actually feels like he could be a new Roger Merrett - big brash physical presence across the half forward line. Another full pre-season and he really could be a major factor going forward.

Laycock needs a bit of luck - I feel he is the tall version of Dean Rioli givene his run of injuries. I think he has a touch of class but would like to see him developed as a Jackovich type CHB. The sort of guy that can out muscle the Reiwoldts, Pavlichs, Browns and HAlls.
Monfries = Dale Weightman :shock:
Courtney Johns = Roger Merrett :shock:
Jason Laycock = Glenn Jakovich playing at CHB? :shock:

OH NO THEY WEREN'T!!!
Essendunny
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

BenDoolan wrote: ↑Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:04 pm
hop wrote: ↑Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:35 pm Does anyone remember Anton Grbac and Marcus Bullen?

I remember losing substantial bets on how their careers were gong to pan out.

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!!
Ah yes, Anton Grbac. A full back. Wore number 40. I went to primary school with his sister Bernadette. He mainly played in the night series, and possibly played about 2 senior games.

Don't tell me you thought Bullen was going to be another Cousins?

Going right back to the 80's, I used to think Steve Richardson and Merv Harbinson were going to be stars.
OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!
Merv Harbinson was an absolute gun seconds player, racked up 30 possies every week in the seconds, but could not buy a touch when he was given his chance in the first. I think he only played about 2 games (could be wrong on that one) I used to go to the games early just to watch him.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Scott wrote: ↑Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 am
Merv Harbinson was an absolute gun seconds player, racked up 30 possies every week in the seconds, but could not buy a touch when he was given his chance in the first. I think he only played about 2 games (could be wrong on that one) I used to go to the games early just to watch him.
Yep, same, used to go early and watch the 2nds. He used to kill it.

I guess his battle was having Watson, Baker, Hawker, Neagle, Williams on the list...
Essendunny
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

BenDoolan wrote: ↑Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:42 am
Scott wrote: ↑Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 am
Yep, same, used to go early and watch the 2nds. He used to kill it.

I guess his battle was having Watson, Baker, Hawker, Neagle, Williams on the list...
That would be a battle for most players....ahhh the good old days. Miss the old windy hill days, watching the could of beens running around showing what they could / may become.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote: ↑Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 pm Another gem...
Windy_Hill wrote:

Monfries is your hard at em rover type player. Am I wrong in saying he is a little reminiscent of a Dale Weightman type player or Adrian Gleeson?

Johns actually feels like he could be a new Roger Merrett - big brash physical presence across the half forward line. Another full pre-season and he really could be a major factor going forward.

Laycock needs a bit of luck - I feel he is the tall version of Dean Rioli givene his run of injuries. I think he has a touch of class but would like to see him developed as a Jackovich type CHB. The sort of guy that can out muscle the Reiwoldts, Pavlichs, Browns and HAlls.

OH NO THEY WEREN'T!!!

I was not well at the time. Well for most of 2004-2009
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote: ↑Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:

OH NO THEY WEREN'T!!!

Your rehabilitation must not have been much chop. Haven't seen much improvement.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote: ↑Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 pm
Windy_Hill wrote: ↑Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:

OH NO THEY WEREN'T!!!

Your rehabilitation must not have been much chop. Haven't seen much improvement.
Cheers brother