Crameri maybe back?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Crameri maybe back?

Post by desmondo »

Talk is that we are interested in getting Crameri back, I don`t think we need him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-08/i ... to-bombers

Opinions?.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Crameri maybe back?

Post by tonysoprano »

No need. Backwards step. Didn't play much this year either I think?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

5th Rd pick or rookie listed...
Any higher is a waste as he will be depth not starting 22 at best now...
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I always hated the fact that we lost him. I think he was a victim of injury and the machinations of the selection process at the Bulldogs whenever he was right.

I'd welcome him back. He had class and acres of pace. I hope he still has that.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Yeah he looks like the solution to all our problems. give him a 4 year contract and swap him for Joey😈
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Settle down sarcastic one. If he comes back it would on the minimum footy wage I'd imagine.

It just didnt work out for him there. If he could recapture his best then he could be of value.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 pm Settle down sarcastic one. If he comes back it would on the minimum footy wage I'd imagine.

It just didnt work out for him there. If he could recapture his best then he could be of value.

Just terribly frustrated that as we shop around from one fantastic chance to another, nobody half decent wants a bar of us. :twisted:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Crameri delisted today.

Managed only two games this year for the doggies despite that team being a rabble this year.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:49 pm Crameri delisted today.

Managed only two games this year for the doggies despite that team being a rabble this year.
my understanding is he was injured for the most part, he wasnt relagated to the reserves, just rotting away.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

DC2 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:14 pm
s'dreams wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:49 pm Crameri delisted today.

my understanding is he was injured for the most part, he wasnt relagated to the reserves, just rotting away.
Yep, had a hip/leg injury, but was always going to struggle to stay on the list from my external perspective...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Poor bugger finishes on 99 games. Kicked 166 goals. Very handy player. Liked the way he played. Still vividly remember the night he burned off Luke McPharlin from the centre of Subiaco to run into an open goal. Awesome.

Still vividly remember the night he destroyed us with 7 goals in 2015.

Good luck CRAMMA!
Essendunny
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I wouldn't be against us taking him as a rookie if he was still available at that time.

I have admiration for his character. Gordon pressured him to take a early guilty plea and he wouldn't. Stuck with the other 33 players.

I'd like him to get picked up by someone.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BERT wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:19 pm I wouldn't be against us taking him as a rookie if he was still available at that time.

I have admiration for his character. Gordon pressured him to take a early guilty plea and he wouldn't. Stuck with the other 33 players.

I wouldn't mind us giving him a spot on the list on a one year contract. We have a lot of spots to fill and I think he would be better than a speccy late draft pick.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Sismis wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:25 pm
BERT wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:19 pm I wouldn't be against us taking him as a rookie if he was still available at that time.

I wouldn't mind us giving him a spot on the list on a one year contract. We have a lot of spots to fill and I think he would be better than a speccy late draft pick.
im hopihng this ends up being the case sis. id like to see him back., 1 year deal and see how his body holds up. if it does he will be a valuable asset.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

DC2 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:58 pm
Sismis wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:25 pm

im hopihng this ends up being the case sis. id like to see him back., 1 year deal and see how his body holds up. if it does he will be a valuable asset.
In the VFL side maybe, I can`t see him forcing his way into the seniors unless we have an awful injury list.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I would like to see him get another crack even as a rookie however, sadly, I believe Stewy's AFL career may be over.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rover99 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 pm Settle down sarcastic one. If he comes back it would on the minimum footy wage I'd imagine.

Just terribly frustrated that as we shop around from one fantastic chance to another, nobody half decent wants a bar of us. :twisted:
:wink:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

On topic no way unless its on the rookie list.

Daniher, Hooker, Stewart and Stringer all in front.

Begley and Laverde pretty much his role and I'd rather we punt on them if one of the above 4 fails.

Throw in the mosquito fleet that flits around our forward line and how the hell would he get into the side?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.