Are We Into Any Players

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Are We Into Any Players

Post by Gimps »

He can't even dominate VFL? Well, he has a couple of times. If you refer to my last post above yours, the big blokes take longer. Outside of Joey, whom is a freak, all of the players you mentioned are mids or smalls - it's not a fair comparison.

Francis only turned 20 a few weeks ago.

And what a load of shit, Fantasia did nothing in his first two years. Barely looked likely. Wasn't until the start of his third year that we took notice.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:12 pm
DC2 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:59 pm
boncer34 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:13 pm
Windy_Hill wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 pm Re Francis

How often do you see a player who is nothing but a disappointment in his first 2 years actually make it. Francis has given us nothing. Overrated from the beginning and as such will be a list clogger for the next 3 years

If we can trade him out for a decent pick or player combo - take it

I have no doubt the kid has raw talent but isn't it time we as a club stopped flogging dead horses
Bloke by the name of Jobe Watson comes to mind.

We trade him now and we get zero return. We hold him, push the raw talent that he has in spades and we'll get a return.

Christ sacking a bloke after 2 years? Thank god you're not a list manager.
dane swan also was a slacker in the beginning.
Well David Myers (another pick 6) has been on the list for 10 years and we're still waiting for him to get out of 1st gear...
I'm not saying hold on to him forever.

But 2 years? Sacking him so soon makes no sense.
I don't want Francis gone. I've seen what he can do up close in VFL. If he gets everything right (body + work ethic), he'll be a f****** star - no question.

He might cost me a quote in my own thread of "oh no he didn't", but "Bruce" will be a gun player.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:08 am I've been given a Jobe and Swan as players who turned from Ugly Ducklings to Swans. (Excuse the pun)

So we hold onto Francis for 4 years on the basis of that strike rate. That's the problem with this club, always believing we can turn chicken shit into chicken salad. And how well has that worked over the last 17 years.

Merrett, Heppell, McGrath, Daniher, Fantasia. Your good players show you something early. Raz maybe a bit slower but their were clear signs. Even Marty Gleeson who has been slowish to develop has done more in 4 years than Colyer and Myers have in 10

Francis can't even dominate at VFL
We only gave you 2 names because we didn't realize your lack of football knowledge was so pathetic you couldn't come up with more on your own.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 am
Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:08 am I've been given a Jobe and Swan as players who turned from Ugly Ducklings to Swans. (Excuse the pun)

So we hold onto Francis for 4 years on the basis of that strike rate. That's the problem with this club, always believing we can turn chicken shit into chicken salad. And how well has that worked over the last 17 years.

Merrett, Heppell, McGrath, Daniher, Fantasia. Your good players show you something early. Raz maybe a bit slower but their were clear signs. Even Marty Gleeson who has been slowish to develop has done more in 4 years than Colyer and Myers have in 10

We only gave you 2 names because we didn't realize your lack of football knowledge was so pathetic you couldn't come up with more on your own.
Then humour me. And while youre at, tell me why you think I am wrong about Francis. And oh yeah, no need to be a Twat.

Three simple things for you to do today.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I still believe they should just throw him in the seniors and make him run until he throws his guts up. Get the whips out and crack them.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Please, someone tell me Dodoro is just keeping his cards close to his chest. Still no buzz other than Stringer. Surely we are making aggressive plays for Gaff or even Smith.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:28 pm Please, someone tell me Dodoro is just keeping his cards close to his chest. Still no buzz other than Stringer. Surely we are making aggressive plays for Gaff or even Smith.
don't know how "aggressive" we're being, but it seems we are looking at Smith
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:28 pm Please, someone tell me Dodoro is just keeping his cards close to his chest. Still no buzz other than Stringer. Surely we are making aggressive plays for Gaff or even Smith.
Do you watch the news? Read the papers? Websites? Anything?

We've been linked to Stringer, Smith (got him), Saad and even Jack Freaking Watts.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:30 am

We've been linked to Stringer, Smith (got him), Saad and even Jack Freaking Watts.
Yup, easier to list the players we're not into!

Who is going to be traded though is the question? We're not going to get all of this done with picks.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Sismis wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 am

Who is going to be traded though is the question? We're not going to get all of this done with picks.
Gimps has a good idea.

11 + 28 for 18 + 19.

18 for Stringer.
19 for Smith.
2018 2nd for Saad
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:19 am
Sismis wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 am

Gimps has a good idea.

11 + 28 for 18 + 19.

18 for Stringer.
19 for Smith.
2018 2nd for Saad
I find that hard to believe :lol:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I can now see why we're not looking at R0ck1yf3. I think they are looking to build on our players in that lower 20s age bracket. It will probably mean less success in the short term, but the real payoff will be in 2-3 years and should be for a sustained period.

My optimism is creeping back!
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

i havent seen too much of saad, how do people rate this guy that have seen enough of him?
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

DC2 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 pm i havent seen too much of saad, how do people rate this guy that have seen enough of him?
Very speedy and normally uses the ball well.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Did Francis kill your mother?

Seriously have you watched any VFL in the last two years? The kid's got talent.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.