Adelaide v Richmond Grand Final

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Adelaide v Richmond Grand Final

Post by grassy1 »

Pretty good match up,despite the 76 point drubbing the Crows dished out to the Tigers,earlier in the season.

Coached by 2 Men I have great respect for,Don Pyke and Damien Hardwick.A great shame,one of them has to finish 2nd.

Will Cotchin be up for it at the MRP/Tribunal?By itself,it's touch and go.But he has form and the Neale Incident didn't do himself many favours with me.

Still,glad the Awfull Pets aren't in the GF,otherwise I'd be doing an awfull lot of disinterested Drinking,

Richmond are also in the VFL Grand Final against Port Melbourne.Sorry Tigers,but given Port could have closed their doors thus year,I'm going for The Borough.

But next week,EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGES!The Victorian in me just can't go for those bloody South Australians! :-&
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Adelaide v Richmond Grand Final

Post by BenDoolan »

YELLOW AND BLACK !!!!

Clear underdog for the GF, however, Adelaide at the G will make it interesting. Crowd will be loud as f***.

Stone the Crows.

My sister and her partner are Tiger members. I wish them well. Plus I hope Dimma wins it. He's had to put up with with years of shit with that club. He's done a lot of hard work to get them where they are today. I thought he was deluded when he said he had the list. And now here he is.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I am old enough to remember the late 60s and early 70s, albeit as a youngster, when Richmond dominated, so I really dont want The Tiger unleashed. Everyone sees tiger fans as long suffering almost cuddly duffers. If they win the flag they will transform themselves to Collingwood like rabid lunatics.

I am totally contrary when it comes to barracking for the Victorian club if we cant be in it. I want the triumphant fans to be from as away as possible.

Other reasons to not back the Tiges this year;

1) Caroline Wilson smuggness will be unbearable
2) The fact we overlooked Hardwick for Knights
3) The Windy Hill brawl
4) Some of the most sanctimonious people about Hird and the drug saga were Richmond supporters

I want the Crows to win.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I don't care who wins.

I was at the game yesterday and it was the loudest crowd I've ever heard. 90000 people singing that great theme song. Only 2 other clubs could do what Richmond fans did yesterday and that's us and Collingwood.

Makes you realise how crap we have been over the last 15 years
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Fair enough MH.

Had The Scum or Filth been playing the Crows,the Victorian in me would have fast disappeared and would have just poured copious amounts of beer down me gob and walked(staggered :mrgreen: )up and down to the TAB to watch the odd nag travel round and round,Buuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrpppppp! Pardon me lady! :lol:

By the way,Jerker Jenkins really started that brawl.Ex Filth.It's his Fault,Malcolm Gregory Brown laid him flat!And we have Richmond to thank for Sheeds!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

By the way AWFULL,there is NO Guernsey Clash!

Any Aussie Rules Fans worth their salt,can tell the bloody difference between the Crows' Guernsey and Richmond's Guernsey.But oh no,McLachlan and Goyder and Co are probably listening to thick as 2 short plank focus groups or someone overseas.

Whoever the f*** you lot are trying to impress means Jackshit to us,you f****** deluded Idiots! :evil:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

To be honest I am jealous. I think if we hadnt dropped off in latter half of the season, our best footy this year + luck could have seen us there.

The other thing is if we ever make it, do you think all the supporters from other Vic clubs will be barracking for us ? I think not.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Certainly not from the Filth and Scum,MH.And the same to those Scuzzies!

Whenever West Coast or Freo play,I take an interest in individual players(as I've seen one or two play footy as kids),but the Clubs get ZERO support from me,for reasons stated copiously elsewhere.

I leant towards Whorefawn in 2013 and 2015,but merely watched the 2012 and 2014 Big Ones against Syderney.I did give the Doggies my support last year,especially after knocking off the cocky Weagle bastards and Awfull GWS!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I hope the tigers win.

Adelaide are outstanding though, so it will be a big upset if crows don't win.

The crowd yesterday was unbelievable. I can't think of a bigger roar in my lifetime.

And yes, their song is as good as it gets.

Well done Richmond. It's amazing that I have hated you for so long, but for Hardwick that Bomber champ - I hope you do it.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

By the way,I'll be barracking for the North Quuensland Cowboys to Clinch a Miracle Premiership,but won't hold it against the Storm if they win a Legitimate Flag,after Owners News Corp Buggered things up Big Time with 2 or 3 Flags.And bloody Fifita and Cronulla stole last year's decider.

A bit like thus year's World Series if it ends up the same as last year.Of course I'll be rooting for Da Cubs to Win it,but will be chuffed to bits if the Indians edge us 4 - 3 at 1060 West Addison.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:05 am I am old enough to remember the late 60s and early 70s, albeit as a youngster, when Richmond dominated, so I really dont want The Tiger unleashed. Everyone sees tiger fans as long suffering almost cuddly duffers. If they win the flag they will transform themselves to Collingwood like rabid lunatics.

I am totally contrary when it comes to barracking for the Victorian club if we cant be in it. I want the triumphant fans to be from as away as possible.

3) The Windy Hill brawl
4) Some of the most sanctimonious people about Hird and the drug saga were Richmond supporters

I want the Crows to win.
I was also around during that time in the 60's & 70's & absolutely hated those feral richmond supporters at that time. They were obnoxious, offensive, repulsive, loud & foul mouthed vermin & they were the better ones.
Liken them to filth supporters but with teeth.
Those were my teenage years & in those full strength beer, non-politically correct days, fights were inevitable against those morons from richmond,the scum & filth.
The Windy Hill Brawl happened next to where I was standing & I never forget that thug, graham richmond, the godfather of the richmond football club then, standing over Jim Bradley, the Essendon fitness advisor at the time, punching the proverbial shit out of Bradley as he lay defenceless & unconscious on the ground. The fights that eventuated off the ground were just as ruthless as the the main bout on the field. (Graham Richmond was eventually charged by the cops with assault but got of lightly by the courts). Ronny Andrews picked of "Whale" roberts from richmond in the melee started by that idiot Mal Brown (Campbell Browns father - say no more) whacking Jack Cassin who was on the bench at the time & waving strands of Cassins' long blond hair at the crowd as he walked up the race at Windy Hill. This was the maddest moment I have ever seen at a football match caused by those richmond thugs. What made it worse, the Bombers in the 70's were pathetic & we had to endure much pain from the likes of richmond & the scum. I detest richmond as much as the hated dawks, filth & scum.
After seeing those ferals on TV recently, who have suddenly crept out of the woodwork, brings back memories of those moronic thugs of the 70's.
So, if they happen to win the grand final, watch out
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

I don`t give a f*** who wins BUT purely because of the CAROWHINE WILSON factor, I hope richmond lose.

f*** her, she will NEVER be forgiven. :evil:
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Ronny Rotten wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:05 am I am old enough to remember the late 60s and early 70s, albeit as a youngster, when Richmond dominated, so I really dont want The Tiger unleashed. Everyone sees tiger fans as long suffering almost cuddly duffers. If they win the flag they will transform themselves to Collingwood like rabid lunatics.

3) The Windy Hill brawl

I want the Crows to win.
I was also around during that time in the 60's & 70's & absolutely hated those feral richmond supporters at that time. They were obnoxious, offensive, repulsive, loud & foul mouthed vermin & they were the better ones.
Those were my teenage years & in those full strength beer, non-politically correct days, fights were inevitable against those morons from richmond,the scum & filth.
The Windy Hill Brawl happened next to where I was standing & I never forget that thug, graham richmond, the godfather of the richmond football club then, standing over Jim Bradley, the Essendon fitness advisor at the time, punching the proverbial shit out of Bradley as he lay defenceless & unconscious on the ground. The fights that eventuated off the ground were just as ruthless as the the main bout on the field. (Graham Richmond was eventually charged by the cops with assault but got of lightly by the courts). Ronny Andrews picked of "Whale" roberts from richmond in the melee started by that idiot Mal Brown (Campbell Browns father - say no more) whacking Jack Cassin who was on the bench at the time & waving strands of Cassins' long blond hair at the crowd as he walked up the race at Windy Hill. This was the maddest moment I have ever seen at a football match caused by those richmond thugs. What made it worse, the Bombers in the 70's were pathetic & we had to endure much pain from the likes of richmond & the scum. I detest richmond as much as the hated dawks, filth & scum.
After seeing those ferals on TV recently, who have suddenly crept out of the woodwork, brings back memories of those moronic thugs of the 70's.
I was also there that day Ronnie, probably about 10 metres from it. Well summed up, AND ANOTHER reason I hope richmond lose.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Ronny Rotten wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm

3) The Windy Hill brawl

I want the Crows to win.
I was also there that day Ronnie, probably about 10 metres from it. Well summed up, AND ANOTHER reason I hope richmond lose. Was it big Barry Grinter who eventually came to Jim Bradleys aid, I seem to remember Richmond running away like a scared little girl when an actual concious person wanted to fight him. :evil: :evil:
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Yes, thats right Barry Grinter, who was also a cop, chased graham richmond & richmond player steve parsons (if i recall correctly), who also threw a punch at a defenceless bradley. Those cowards ran like pussies when they saw burly Grinter coming for them who had fire in his eyes.

In the meantime the little league kids were also caught up in this richmond thuggery. From that day on, my hatred for richmond & their moronic supporters went to a higher level.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No,Parsons ran for his life.Richmond got yanked out of it and held by one of his own.

Well done to Port Melbournne,who Won another Flag by 4 points,when they could have folded earlier this year.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I wasnt there that day but did make the long trek from Elsternwick to Essendon on numerous occasions around that with some neighbourhood friends who had use of someone they knew's car space need Windy Hill. I also used to get away with half fare on the train and ground entry soon after that. It cost around $1.20 all up. I wasnt a member then. I used to be in the outer and worm my way to the front to be able to see.

I also recall seeing an entire match against Carlton sitting on a cyclone fence.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hope it was the '77 or '78 Home Match if you're talking 70's,MH.Would have been well worth it then.

Would have been even funnier seeing seeing Percy Jones doing his Lolly,being told off by Jezaulenko,with Percy responding to that with a mysteriously shaped hand at his Captain Coach. :lol:
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

3) The Windy Hill brawl

I want the Crows to win.
caro has nothing to be smug about she did not rate them all season. all thats happening is proving her wrong yet again. the woman has no clue about the actual game itself. she just likes to talk about the off field drama and stuff. shes a womans day reporter.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Cotchin cleared