Adelaide v Richmond Grand Final

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: Adelaide v Richmond Grand Final

Post by MH_Bomber »

Typical. Any other game, any other player would be gone. Please dont talk to me about it was two players going for the ball. He has turned himself into a sniping cnt and has illegally taken out and hit players all year and got away with it. I could live with that if other including our own Zac Merrett werent suspensed for the very same actions.

Tigers truly are a protected species.

What about Ellis?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

MH_Bomber wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am Typical. Any other game, any other player would be gone. Please dont talk to me about it was two players going for the ball. He has turned himself into a sniping cnt and has illegally taken out and hit players all year and got away with it. I could live with that if other including our own Zac Merrett werent suspensed for the very same actions.

Tigers truly are a protected species.

What about Ellis?
Everybody is cleared to play...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

lol, knew this would be the case.

The AFL make me laugh. They will introduce a tough stance on collisions such as that one and will make examples of players throughout the home & away season. But as soon as one of these pops up in the finals (read, Grand Final week), they will discuss ways where the incident will be graded as a non event.

I don't believe someone should go for such an incident, but the AFL made a stance on this earlier in the season.

Soft cocks.

If they introduce such things in future, perhaps ask the question "do we want someone missing a Grand Final over this". If the answer is "no" then don't rub players out during the season proper.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 pm lol, knew this would be the case.

The AFL make me laugh. They will introduce a tough stance on collisions such as that one and will make examples of players throughout the home & away season. But as soon as one of these pops up in the finals (read, Grand Final week), they will discuss ways where the incident will be graded as a non event.

I don't believe someone should go for such an incident, but the AFL made a stance on this earlier in the season.

Soft cocks.

If they introduce such things in future, perhaps ask the question "do we want someone missing a Grand Final over this". If the answer is "no" then don't rub players out during the season proper.
The head is less sacrosanct this time of the year...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

They're all over the shop,the AWFULL MRP/Tribunal system.

But nowhere near as bad as our System in the past 5 seasons. :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:21 am I wasnt there that day but did make the long trek from Elsternwick to Essendon on numerous occasions around that with some neighbourhood friends who had use of someone they knew's car space need Windy Hill. I also used to get away with half fare on the train and ground entry soon after that. It cost around $1.20 all up. I wasnt a member then. I used to be in the outer and worm my way to the front to be able to see.

I also recall seeing an entire match against Carlton sitting on a cyclone fence.
So was that Carlton match a Win or us,MH? [-o< :mrgreen:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Yes it was. I am trying work what year. As I recall we came from behind.

It could well have been Sat 08-Jul-1978 Round 14. We definitely came from behind that day to win by 7 points . I was 15 and on my way back to Essendon station and a random young Essendon supporting lad just decided to kiss me on the cheek he was so overjoyed.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm Yes it was. I am trying work what year. As I recall we came from behind.

It could well have been Sat 08-Jul-1978 Round 14. We definitely came from behind that day to win by 7 points . I was 15 and on my way back to Essendon station and a random young Essendon supporting lad just decided to kiss me on the cheek he was so overjoyed.
Sounds like the one MH.What was Percy carrying on about? :roll: :lol:

Next time I'm in Melbourne,I may catch up on a bit of Cricket at Windy Hill.Assuming the ECC still play at Essendon Recreation Reserve?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 pm lol, knew this would be the case.

Soft cocks.

It is an absolute joke that the competition has Tribunals, Match Review Panels, Rules Committees etc etc when those corrupt fockers at AFL House step in when it suits them to override anything that doesn't fit their agenda, grand plan or commercial goals. After the ASADA fiasco I am firmly convinced that the AFL is the most corrupt organisation in Australia who would stop at nothing to further not the cause of the member clubs, but their own inflated sense of their own worth. I am sure we could all recall similar instances to the Cotchin whack where a player has been hit in the head, suffered loss of game time and the instigator has copped weeks.

I thought the AFL finals rule only applied to the AFL's original lovechild, Sydney, with the likes off Barry Hall, Plugger and that prick that whacked Hirdy, all getting a finals reprieve. But seeing now that Richmond are the flavour of the Year, The AFL would not like the Richmond hoards on their back and I have no doubt, intervened in the decision to let him off.

Accountable to no one, they have completely abandoned the reason they were formed in the first place and that was to support the clubs who prior to the forming of the then VFL, could not agree to what day it was. They have since morphed into megalomaniac dictatorship of whom even governments are wary to take on. As custodians of the traditions of the game, they have let us down on almost every front with the game now taking second place to a plethora of commercials tempting us to have a punt while we are half cut. All this accompanied by 120 decibel of noise preventing any form of communication.

Rant's end.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

The AFL has given Cotchin Ellis et al a licence to take out their opponents by bashing into their skulls.

Go Crows!!!

We actually played pretty well in patches against them but their precise ball movement and running tore us to shreds.

I would so handle it more if the Crows win.

f*** Richmond and the Richmond bandwagon.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Well congratulations to Richmond.

I must say though what a pathetic performance by the Crows players and coaches. They were getting well and truly towelled up and to not see anything in terms of moves from the coaches box was mightily disappointing.

Doesnt this win also emphasise the point that our club needs to make the 'G' our home ground as it was in the early 90s. Remember we owned that ground in 1993.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Well done Dimma.

Houli was robbed. He had the NS but for a populace vote, just like JJ last year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:50 pm Well done Dimma.

Houli was robbed. He had the NS but for a populace vote, just like JJ last year.
Agree.

Houli was terrific. Should have nailed at least 2 goals though.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

...and not forgetting Blake Caracella either.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Have yet to watch any of it.

How was Hirdy received at the NS presentation???
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

rockhole wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:29 pm Have yet to watch any of it.

How was Hirdy received at the NS presentation???
Reasonably ok, not overwhelmingly, a light hum of booing but more cheers and applause.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The powerful midfielder was adjudged best on ground by four of the five judges and received 13 votes to win from teammate Bachar Houli (10). Alex Rance, Shane Edwards and Dion Prestia each received two votes, and 19-year-old Tiger Jack Graham received one.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

For mine - I think that Ningthdom were dealt a perfect hand.

They got the double chance (with the same amount of wins that the Bulldogs had last year) and got to play their 3 games on their home ground.
With their Feral supporter base - its equivalent to The Eagles or The Crows playing ALL FINALS at Subiaco and/or The Adelaide Oval.

The second quarter - when everything seemed to be on the line - everything seemed to go Ninthdom's way.
Poor umpiring costs at least 2 goals to Adelaide. Half-time may have looked a lot more different.

The second half was a cavalcade - but confidence and belief in finals are vital.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Therefore - Thus and Because......

WE MUST RELOCATE TO THE 'G'!!!

They will be the first club to get 100,000 members on the back of this GF.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:57 pm
F111 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:50 pm Well done Dimma.

Agree.

Houli was terrific. Should have nailed at least 2 goals though.
Houli was voted BoG by the coaches.