One Day In September?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

One Day In September?

Post by grassy1 »

Being the early part of the year,I had a browse on the Calendet that showed the National and State Public Holidays up until the end of 2021.

One particular one that caught my attention was Grand Final Friday,one that preceded the AFL Grand Ginal.

Instead of the Public Holiday and subsequently the Grand Final Parade being on the last Friday of September,it is scheduled to be on the 1st Friday of October.

This year and every year for the next 3 years after 2018.This mightn't be news to you guys in Victoria,but it certainly got my attention when I checked the next 3 Calenders until 2021.Nithing showing yet for 2022 and beyond,but I suspect the next time the Saturday falls on October 7,that's when the AFL WILL schedule it.

Is it me,or are the AFL Commission(named AWFULL by Your's Truly)bloodymindedly determined to piss off the Victorian Thoroughbred Industry Forevermore?!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: One Day In September?

Post by Crazyman »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 am Being the early part of the year,I had a browse on the Calendet that showed the National and State Public Holidays up until the end of 2021.

One particular one that caught my attention was Grand Final Friday,one that preceded the AFL Grand Ginal.

Instead of the Public Holiday and subsequently the Grand Final Parade being on the last Friday of September,it is scheduled to be on the 1st Friday of October.

This year and every year for the next 3 years after 2018.This mightn't be news to you guys in Victoria,but it certainly got my attention when I checked the next 3 Calenders until 2021.Nithing showing yet for 2022 and beyond,but I suspect the next time the Saturday falls on October 7,that's when the AFL WILL schedule it.

Is it me,or are the AFL Commission(named AWFULL by Your's Truly)bloodymindedly determined to piss off the Victorian Thoroughbred Industry Forevermore?!
Didn’t mistake it for NRL Grassy? :lol:
This year I nan understand with Comm Games on though not sure about the others, maybe clash with cricket means we don’t get access to grounds as early?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No mate,it's a Victorian Hoiday on Friday October 5.

I haven't double checked this year's AFL fixtures,but I assume this year's Big One is Saturday October 6.

When the AFL started encroaching into October before(not counting the 2010 Replay),it brought a protest from the Victorian Thoroughbred Industry and it seems AWFULL are at it again'
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well,whoever put that holiday as such needs shooting,because the AFL Grand Final this year is still on That One Day in September.

So AWFULL is in the clear.Doesn't mean they won't try putting the GF on the 1st Saturday in October next year though
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

We've had October Grand Finals before.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Much prefer that Last Saturday in September,Bonce.

So does Racing Victoria and the Melbourne Racing Club.

They got teed off at the AFL Commission about such encroachment and will do so again,if October Grand Finals become a bad habit.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Its in October so they can have two byes... one midyear and the other between H&A and the finals.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:54 pm Much prefer that Last Saturday in September,Bonce.
Why?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Because unless the last Saturday in September finishes on the 24th(making it understandable the Grand Final is October 1)footy should generally finish in September,allowing Cricket and Spring Racing to be the sports fan’s main focus.

Footy encroaches on Cricket season enough in March.When was the last time Victoria had a home Sheffield Shield Final at the MCG?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

You could count on one hand the amount of people that follow domestic cricket outside of the Big Bash in Australia and spring racing isn't religiously followed.

I personally have no dramas with football stretching out, its number 1 by a mile in this country.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It’s a Fair Bet,that those in the Racing Industry would reckon the AFL would stretch the end of the season,just to be complete pricks,as opposed to having scheduling problems.

They can remove that Ridiculous Bye before the Finals for starters.