SACK SMITH

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

SACK SMITH

Post by BenDoolan »

What a f****** peanut.

Conspires a plan to cheat during the lunch break (with the “leadership” group) which leads to Bancroft being caught and charged will ball tampering. Sack the lot of them.

Steve Smith needs to be immediately stood down and forced to make his way back into the team. Disgrace.

In saying all that, the other mob had their own shit to deal with when they were here last - Faf du Plessis was charged and found guilty of ball tampering in Hobart. He was NOT suspended by the ICC, only lost 100% of his match fee. Still, the South African protested about the verdict. That too, was a disgrace.

For me, Smith has to go.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: SACK SMITH

Post by Crazyman »

Yes, f****** disgraceful by all.

Should forfeit the match and Smith, Warner, Bancroft and Boof at minimum be stood down for at least 5 tests and all cricket during that time.

After that forced by CA to earn thier spots back.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

It's not just the cheating that has me f*****, it's the mind-blowing idiocy of cheating in the middle of a ground surrounded by cameras. How f****** dumb is this lot?
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

tonysoprano wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:46 am It's not just the cheating that has me f*****, it's the mind-blowing idiocy of cheating in the middle of a ground surrounded by cameras. How f****** dumb is this lot?
They are obviously very dumb Tony, and need to be appropriately punished once the facts become known.

I always thought 'other' teams cheated now and then, BUT NOT Australia. EVER :evil: :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No,not us!

It can’t possibly be us,BUT IT IS!

Smith and Co,should be SACKED for this!But they WON’T!

They’ll cop a Slap on the wrist,maybe 1 Game.But given the precedent Ben cited and how much backing CA may give Smith and his team,I can’t see any big punishment is going to follow this MESS!

Unfortunately!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Can you believe the dumb arrogance of Smith?

“The leadership group’s integrity has come into question and rightly so. It is not on. It won’t happen again under my leadership I can promise you that,”

Mate, it just happened under your f****** leadership. You just concocted the f****** plan (or endorsed it). You do not deserve to be the leader whatsoever.

f*** off.

The only other time I have felt ashamed of our national side was when Greg Chappell instructed his brother Trevor to bowl underarm on the last ball of an ODI to prevent NZ hitting a six. At least Chappell could argue it was IN THE LAWS OF THE GAME.
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

So where is that line that these peanuts heatbutt but never cross.

The on field behaviour by both teams during this series has been disgusting but to deliberately conspire to cheat and then get the new bloke in the team too actually do it, is a f****** disgrace and mind blowingly stupid. How did they think they wouldn't get caught.

For a team that has prided itself on it ability to sledge an engage the opposition in their own "mental disintegration" I can feel that they have been sucked in big time by the South Africans, who have got inside their heads and that has lead to this idiotic plan.

This isn't the first integrity issue this team under Steve Smith has had, wasn't it only last year when he had his "brainfade" and sought guidance from the changerooms as to whether to review a decision?
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Disgraceful!

I've lost all respect for Smith and Lehman. I didn't have any for Warner in the first instance. All three must go.

This is line-in-the-sand stuff. 'Underarm Two'.

The conspiring to cheat was bad enough but then the bald-faced mea culpa with the expectation that this will blow over!!! Dickheads of the highest order - they are no longer fit to wear the Baggy Green.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

How f***'n embarrassing!!!

We have been completely shown up as a bunch of bullying cheats.

Both should be hung from the MCG scoreboard
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I hear Paine is Stand in Captain,with Smith and Warner Standing down,effective today.

If they miss the 4th Test,what are the chances of flying over a Victorian Captain like Finch over to take command?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:46 pm I hear Paine is Stand in Captain,with Smith and Warner Standing down,effective today.

If they miss the 4th Test,what are the chances of flying over a Victorian Captain like Finch over to take command?
The thought of Finch crossed my mind, but it would be crazy that he’d captain the team and make his test debut at the same time. I reckon George Bailey may get the gig short term.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

tonysoprano wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:46 am It's not just the cheating that has me f*****, it's the mind-blowing idiocy of cheating in the middle of a ground surrounded by cameras. How f****** dumb is this lot?
Yup. Dads. :roll:
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I think this quote from a fan, on ABC online, sums it up for me:
For the first time in my long cricketing life, I'm appalled and utterly ashamed of my national team. Finally, I now look at the Australian cricket team and see what the rest of the cricketing world must have been seeing for a long time — that being a spoiled, conniving, win-at-any-cost group of talented cricketers that have no regard or respect for the nation they're supposed to be representing. Whilst the players and coaching staff that have been involved with this treachery still hold their positions, I won't be watching or attending another cricket match. How dare they tarnish the game I love and spit in the face [of those] that have worn the sacred Baggy Green before them! Bradman would be turning in his grave! - Matt M
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

And the verdict is in:
The ICC have suspended Smith for one match and fined him his entire match fee, and Bancroft gets 3 demerit points and a 75% match fee fine.
Personally I am hopeful that Cricket Australia come down on them, and the associated culprits, more heavily.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 pm
grassy1 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:46 pm I hear Paine is Stand in Captain,with Smith and Warner Standing down,effective today.

The thought of Finch crossed my mind, but it would be crazy that he’d captain the team and make his test debut at the same time. I reckon George Bailey may get the gig short term.
Yeah mate,probably would be crazy.

But barking back,wasn’t Ian Craig very raw before Captaining Australia?

So raw,his brother reckoned he could knock him over.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Talk that all of Renshaw, Burns and Bailey will be pulled out of the Shield Final currently underway and sent to South Africa.

That would cover the loss of Bancroft, Warner and Smith, with two openers and a middle order player being sent over.

Surely Maxwell has to get a look in too, particularly seeing Smith (who obviously seems to have an issue with him given his recent comments about him) will be on a plane home soon.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

And in the aftermath we go from 0/57 to all out for 107 in the space of 19.4 overs. A collapse of 10/50, officially a worse collapse than England's 10/58 the other day.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:50 am And in the aftermath we go from 0/57 to all out for 107 in the space of 19.4 overs. A collapse of 10/50, officially a worse collapse than England's 10/58 the other day.
Shame they could do any bat tampering to stop the rot.

Should make Glenn Maxwell the captain. Then he can decide whether he wants any cheats in the team going forward...
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

1 match from the ICC :roll:
Like others hope CA are not so lenient.

That said, like any other person caught cheating (drugs, match fixing, etc...), they should do thier penance, whatever is decided, and be allowed to move on.

Warnie got done for using a diuretic and spent 12 months out of the game, others have been done for other things and been allowed back.

To most the baggy green is ‘sacred’ but let’s take a step back and put it perspective.

Everyone deserves a second chance no matter how raw the emotions are at the time and in the immediacy after the event.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Crazyman wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:08 am 1 match from the ICC :roll:
Like others hope CA are not so lenient.

That said, like any other person caught cheating (drugs, match fixing, etc...), they should do thier penance, whatever is decided, and be allowed to move on.

Warnie got done for using a diuretic and spent 12 months out of the game, others have been done for other things and been allowed back.

To most the baggy green is ‘sacred’ but let’s take a step back and put it perspective.

Everyone deserves a second chance no matter how raw the emotions are at the time and in the immediacy after the event.
He can play. But he must never captain again.
Essendunny