The Same Olds

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: The Same Olds

Post by j-mac31 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:43 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:It was truly terrible today. I was absolutely livid. Jobe forget being a vegan. You are but a shadow of your former self on that diet. You need some proper source of iron.
It's the Peter Siddle syndrome.

Image
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: The Same Olds

Post by j-mac31 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:45 pm

BenDoolan wrote:Xavier Campbell was in the members room prior to the match talking about the direction we are heading in with the team. He said Woosha was designing a team to be high scoring and good to watch - something for us fans to enjoy. Well, if that's their focus, then we're f*****. What I saw today was a mess. The players looked confused and clueless. Perhaps they should design a game style that concentrates on relentless pressure acts, and a clear, cohesive flow-on game. Then, I might enjoy it.
It's probably for the best that I don't go anywhere near there (or even know where it is).
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
BERT
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6401
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am

Re: The Same Olds

Post by BERT » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:33 pm

Same Olds are back. What a disgraceful performance

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: The Same Olds

Post by Rover99 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:38 pm

We can all relax now knowing we're not gonna get anywhere near a flag till we have yet another clean out of some spuds and possibly a coach or two :evil:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25825
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:01 pm

The Same Old Essendon we used to be,
The same old Essendon we are you see
At the end of the season, that premiership flag,
The same Old Esssendon will make us gag*
For the Same Old Essendon are we

* inserted lyric
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
robrulz5
Essendon Legend
Posts: 20013
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: The Same Olds

Post by robrulz5 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 pm

Any chance we could just be competitive?

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by DC2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm

it was a pretty insipid performance. only a few can hold there head up after tonight.

not saying any one player cost us with so many poor performances, but mitch brown is just not up to it. he is weak in the contest and doesnt do anything significant. has little to no impact on games. not a fan.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by nudder12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:05 pm

robrulz5 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 pm
Any chance we could just be competitive?
Sure, no problem. Sorry, what ? You mean for more than a quarter? Nah, get real man!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by nudder12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:08 pm

DC2 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm
it was a pretty insipid performance. only a few can hold there head up after tonight.

not saying any one player cost us with so many poor performances, but mitch brown is just not up to it. he is weak in the contest and doesnt do anything significant. has little to no impact on games. not a fan.
Count me in to your "not a fan" club.
In this day and age, when you think about it, not doing anything significant is almost the worst sin on a footy field. Let's face it, if you're the opposition coach looking at Essendon, exactly what threat is Mitch Brown??

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8465
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by grassy1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:39 pm

I’ve just deleted a post that was particularly Harsh on Mitch Brown and I’m sorry to him for that.

Hope he can show immense improvement to advance his career and The Club’s Cause.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8465
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by grassy1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:41 pm

I’ll leave the nastiness to Dorker nutcases such as Peter North calling us Injectors last night.

Dickhead! :evil:

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by s'dreams » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Is Peter North the porn "actor"?

If not... who is he?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8465
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by grassy1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:28 pm

He might be a porn star.

But this Dickhead takes great delight in taking potshots at Our Club at every excuse on Ozfooty,without fair Moderation.

Just thought you should know.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Sad to hear all the negativity. Let’s not jump to conclusions after 2 rounds. Fremantle themselves we pantsed the week before and turned it around. Plus, at least we’re not St Kilda. So chins up.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25825
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:09 pm
Sad to hear all the negativity. Let’s not jump to conclusions after 2 rounds. Fremantle themselves we pantsed the week before and turned it around. Plus, at least we’re not St Kilda. So chins up.
St.Kilda are likely to beat us. That is the point. We do this sort of shit year after year. Rinse and repeat etc...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:05 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:40 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:09 pm
Sad to hear all the negativity. Let’s not jump to conclusions after 2 rounds. Fremantle themselves we pantsed the week before and turned it around. Plus, at least we’re not St Kilda. So chins up.
St.Kilda are likely to beat us. That is the point. We do this sort of shit year after year. Rinse and repeat etc...
Totally agree.

Like I said elsewhere, it’s like we practice to do this shit.

User avatar
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick
Posts: 976
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by Ronny Rotten » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Bitterly disappointed to lose this game to this so-so mob.
Why do we go to jelly at the sight of a plane to travel interstate. As Lloydy said in his newspaper column, we won't be any flag threat until we master our interstate clashes & win consistently on the road especially in the west.
Our interstate winning record is pathetic.
WAKE UP COACHES.
Fix this problem immediately, find out those who play consistently well on the road, pick them & ditch the rest.
We want ferocious players who play well anywhere & under all circumstances.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8465
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by grassy1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:12 pm

The Eagles Owned this Headline Non Docker Shocker -

ROADKILL

Now it’s our’s!

Bring me a Bucket! :-&

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25825
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: The Same Olds

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Ronny Rotten wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:00 pm
Bitterly disappointed to lose this game to this so-so mob.
Why do we go to jelly at the sight of a plane to travel interstate. As Lloydy said in his newspaper column, we won't be any flag threat until we master our interstate clashes & win consistently on the road especially in the west.
Our interstate winning record is pathetic.
WAKE UP COACHES.
Fix this problem immediately, find out those who play consistently well on the road, pick them & ditch the rest.
We want ferocious players who play well anywhere & under all circumstances.
Well said
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3172
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: The Same Olds

Post by mdso » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Honestly, there are week's when barracking for the Bombers is just not at all good for your blood pressure. This is one of them.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Post Reply