Perth Demons 2018

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Perth Demons 2018

Post by BenDoolan »

Cody Leggett :shock: :shock: :shock:

Essendon would do well to recruit this guy...

Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Perth Demons 2018

Post by grassy1 »

Good kid

Got some mongrel in him,which the rest should follow.Appeared to have run himself into the ground towards half time,but I was told he may have copped a knock to the head,but returned to the field to do his bit.

Unfortunately,we fell short at our old “happy”hunting ground(East Fremantle Oval)by 7 points. :-&
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Thanks for starting the thread by the way,Ben. :wink:

League played twice,Lost twice.

Ressies and Colts have 1 Win apiece,with the Colts striding away to beat a different East Fremantle to the one that Won the Colts Flag last year.

Keep an eye out for Luke English.A Gun at Colts Level,Winning the Jack Clarke(EF)Medal last season.

Would sooner see Essendon picking him up,than the Eagles,dockers,Crows,power,scum,filth and any team aligned with the NEAFL Competition.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Can we take advantage of Peelmantle’s Injury toll,cut out the silly errors and post a much needed League Victory?

Also hoping for Colts and Ressies to Win and make the day a clean sweep! :twisted:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Got my Wish in more ways than one.

We did take advantage of our opposition’s Injury Toll and we Took the Trifecta of League,Reserves and Colts.

And one Mr Leggett spiralled another Torpedo 70 metres or so.That got marked by a Peel backman,but I can cop that if that sort of kicking puts the opposition under pressure in their backline more often than not.

He has shown us,he is a no nonsense player prepared to get the ball with strength and generally use it.Except one Clanger which cost us a Goal.He’s still Human I guess.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:19 am Got my Wish in more ways than one.

We did take advantage of our opposition’s Injury Toll and we Took the Trifecta of League,Reserves and Colts.

And one Mr Leggett spiralled another Torpedo 70 metres or so.That got marked by a Peel backman,but I can cop that if that sort of kicking puts the opposition under pressure in their backline more often than not.

He has shown us,he is a no nonsense player prepared to get the ball with strength and generally use it.Except one Clanger which cost us a Goal.He’s still Human I guess.
How old is Mr Leggett?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just getting up,off the top of my head,about 20 Ben.Will get back to you later today.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Sorry it took so long Ben.

Cody Leggett will be 22 in June.Missed last year with a Leg Fracture.We sorely missed his presence.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 am Sorry it took so long Ben.

Cody Leggett will be 22 in June.Missed last year with a Leg Fracture.We sorely missed his presence.
Probably missed his calling in the AFL. Although, Leon Baker the Premiership Maker started his VFL career at the age of 28!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Be interesting to see how Tim Kelly goes at the Cats,as he ain’t a young ‘un by his Draft history.

I’m loathe to lose Leggett,but good luck to him if he does get picked.Preferably NOT by the Eagles or Dockers or any NEAFL aligned club.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oh Dear,back to square one again,losing to the Eagles Reserves who stepped up very well,after some mixed results.

We clearly weren’t switched on yesterday,in complete contrast to last week.Can’t do that next week against West Perth who love playing us.

We also can’t give Machines Aaron Black and Shane Nelson any space whatsoever,otherwise it’ll be a very long afternoon at Lathlain Park next Saturday.

Nelson got 47 disposals yesterday and is probably another player still worth a look at for an AFL opportunity.

I won’t get to see the League Game next week,as our Colts have been redirected to Fremantle Oval for a so called Colts Super Round,with 2 other games.

Our game with West Perth will be at 3PM.Reckon Claremont might be spewing though,as their Home Fixture against South is now at the Bulldogs’ Home Ground.

That League Fixture is at Mt Barker(Krakouer territory),but the Colts and Ressies Teams usually stay back in Perth.

Ben,our mate Cody Leggett tirelessly racked up 31 disposals and 14 tackles,with a tag being applied at one stage.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Add a couple of goals to his tally,including one from about 60 metres to the Siuthern End.

Our local media are quite aware of who he is right now.7 featured a big kick of his in his school days for Trinity against my Old School Tie.

Whilst there’s a fair chance it may have been wind assisted from the South - Wezt on such a lousy day,it is fair to say right now,he’s getting more attention than NicNat!

Bugger Me!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Get in contact with Dodoro grassy. Give him Leggett’s details and get it happening!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,suppose I should.

I’ll have a word with Superboot 1st,to be fair to him.

At the moment,I just hope the Coach(Earl Spalding)has already assigned him to Tag the Shit out of Aaron Black or Shane Nelson.If hopefully deliver an early shitmixer to both!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Young Superboot was stiff not to make the Western Australian Team last week,but them’s the breaks.

There was 22 players and the Coaching Staff who did the State Proud in Stitching up the Bleeding Croweaters,no matter which Club they are with!

Back to Club Footy tomorrow against our Chief Torturors over the past 40 seasons in Claremont.

I hope Recruit Michael Bennell gets a crack at League Footy,because I reckon his ability with the right forward line structure,might be the badly needed spark We desperately Crave,to kick Winning Scores,otherwise what was the point of recruiting the poor bloke? #-o

The Bigger Test for Perth I reckon will be for our Top of the Ladder Colts,who will not have our 5 State 18’s in the Team,as the WA Boys will be playing Swan Districts in a Scratch Match before the National Carnival.

Despite Claremont’s unusually mediocre form at Colts Level this year and the possibility they might be missing a few,I suspect our depth might be a bit more stretched than Claremont’s!

Watch out for our boys -

Luke English
Elijah Taylor
Sydney Stack
Ian Hill
Deven Robertson
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well I knew our Colts Depth would be really tested,but 13 regular players were missing,I was told.9 absentees were playing PSA Football.It seems the AFL can dictate terms on every aspect of our Colts Competition,except to the 7 Private Schools.Good On them,but go figure!

We lost by 2 points,but the pregame tardiness of some of the guys coming in,was what got up the Coach’s Goat at the Colts Luncheon Presentation.

Ressies gave a good contest,but crucial turnovers and a change in direction of the breeze,did us in and we got rolled in the past 10 minutes.

The guy I want Playing League Footy was named on the extended bench,but couldn’t squeeze into the team,kicked 3.2 in the Ressies and dished off a couple of others.

Michael Bennell

Gee,I hope we know what we’re doing with him.I hate the thought of him leaving through lack of opportunity and ending up,tearing it up with another Club,particularly Subi.

The League Game was Won on the last kick of the Game,with a behind by Skipper Clint Jones,given the All Clear,on the Final Siren by the nearest Field Umpire,to give us a 1 point Win.

Exciting stuff after doing it tough early,when Claremont jumped to a 28 point lead early in the 2nd Quarter,only for the Demons to peg their lead back to 7 points by Half Time.

A see sawing battle during the 3rd Quarter,saw the teams neck and neck until late in the stanza,when 2 late Tiger Goals eased them out to a 15 point lead at 3/4 Time.

The Final Quarter saw Claremont get the 1st Goal,courtesy of a 50 Metre Penalty after Kasey Nicholas Crashed into Beau Maister(who had his Pants pulled down by MJ in 2008).The Tigers got the Goal,but Maister went off,never to return.

Subsequently Kasey got 3 weeks,after taking an early Guilty plea to avoid 4 weeks.

Still,be it undisciplined or tough,this collision may have rattled the Tigers and it was nearly all 1 way traffic from there,though Ian Richardson blew a chance to seal the deal late in the game.Richardson kicked 1.5 which for a good forward like him,was an off day.

Our boys bombarded the Sticks,but kicked 3.7 with a couple out On The Full,kept our nerves jangling,threatening to undo the good work for most of the day.

Guess who,Cody Leggett was in the thick of it,doing the gut work around the ground,whilst minding Sandover Medallist,Jai Bolton.Bolton had earlier threatened to take the Game Apart,being everywhere in the 1st Quarter.

Bolton was still good,but so too was young Superboot,providing us with a Treat in watching 2 talented Footballers.

Perth supporters weren’t too happy with Jai though,as he was accused by our supporters of trying to Umpire the game and getting away with it.

Mmmmm!

Good players for The Dees were many,but other than Mr Leggett,best players included Clint Jones,Blake Johnson with 4 Goals,Brant Colledge with 3,Dakota Baldwin-Wright Who May be have been shaded by his Ruck opponent Eastland,but still played a Great Game and Ben Giobbi caught my eye.

Great result for The Dees,but a Very Stern Test awaits at Home in the Form of Subiaco.

Having said that,if the Weather and ground is Wet and consequently heavy,I’d say we’re a chance to pull off a surprise Win.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just the short of it for now during the Champions League Half Time break.

On a Wet,Windy Perth day,especially in the morning,the Colts Won in the last minute with a great Set Shot 50 Metre Goal on the Outer Boundary.

The Ressies struggled in the 2nd Half to a 33 Point Loss and the League boys took it to Subi for the 1st 3 Quarters and 10 Minutes,before the Lions clicked and kicked 7 goals to put us away.

All the pressure we put on Subi before that burst,dropped off and we lost a Big chance to pull off a big upset.

Next week,it’s Swans at Bassendean.It’s one we can Win despite Swannies good Win against the East Perth Eagles.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Legget....yeah Grassy...and a mid. Wrap him up and send him over!!! vingertje
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

He’s on a 1 week stretch,thanks to a Tribunal MadMan!

Or 2! #-o :evil: :-&
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

2 Wins,2 Losses since late May.

I’ll expand on this tonight,but there’s some things to like,such as Muchael Bennell,some things to Hate(going missing for a Costly Quarter or two)and some things to worry about.

Like players leaving before June 30.Or fearing that has happened.e.g.Promising kid,Blake Johnson.