Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Post Reply
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by grassy1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:53 am

After watching the above(Parts 1 and 2),reckon it’s time for the Bearded Burbler to give us Number 3,16 years on.

Have enjoyed watching some mindless Violence,over and over.Gee,especially seeing Merv Neagle dish it out.Wow!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by grassy1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks to last week,I bring this out of the Vault and start watching it over and over.

There were several incidents,punchups,buffs,bumps and brawlers of course,but a few of the worst offenders included
the following,.....

Rod Grinter
Leigh Mathews
Robert Dipierdomenico
Dermott Brereton
Robert Muir
Chris Lewis(he liked us,eh?!)
Lazar Vidovic
Greg Williams
Tony Lockett
John Nicholls
Mark MacLure
Syd Jackson
Des Tuddenham
Denis Banks
Roger Merrett
Meet Neagle
Phil Carman
Mick Conlon
Ted Whitten
Tony Liberatore
Gary Ablett Snr
Mark Jackson
Mark Jackson again
Wayne Carey
Mick Mattyn
Glen Archer
Brent Crosswell
Arnold Briedis
Gavin Wanganeen
Jack Dyer
Neil Balme
Kevin Sheedy
Barry Hall
Barry Hall again
Andrew Dunkley(we haven’t forgot you,Pal!)
Tony Lockett again
John Worsfold

Bad Incidents included
Steven Silvagni being flattened badly,John Bourke’s bad day,Kristian Bardsley,Neville Bruns’ busted jaw at the hands of Leigh Mathews,Alan Stoneham being knocked out by Dipper and many more.

Gaff made a Bad Mistake last week,which was completely out of character for a Fair Player,but there was several nasty acts in the decades before,that deserved more,but often got less.Further nominations welcome. :wink:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by grassy1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Bob Chitty
Vin Waite
Jim Krakouer
Ken Hands
Don Scott
Dale Weightman
Gary Hocking
Scott Turner(we haven’t forgotten you,You....).

Bad Incidents
Kevin O’Keefe’s Shirtfront On Neil Sachse,which Left Sachse a Quadriplegic.

The Worst result of All Incidents,even if Dr Cordner made Captain Blood think he killed one.

Liberatore On Knights,leaving our future Coach very Bloody!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 26068
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:25 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:35 pm
Bob Chitty
Vin Waite
Jim Krakouer
Ken Hands
Don Scott
Dale Weightman
Gary Hocking
Scott Turner(we haven’t forgotten you,You....).

Bad Incidents
Kevin O’Keefe’s Shirtfront On Neil Sachse,which Left Sachse a Quadriplegic.

The Worst result of All Incidents,even if Dr Cordner made Captain Blood think he killed one.

Liberatore On Knights,leaving our future Coach very Bloody!
I think you’ll find the Neil Sachse incident was just a poor unfortunate accident. Sachse just gathered the ball and was running off when Sachse unfortunately tripped / ducked at the moment O’Keefe came in to bump / tackle him.
Last edited by BenDoolan on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by grassy1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Well yeah,I called it an Incident,but I suppose you can’t really include Kevin O’Keefe as a brawler.

Out of his control as well,was a clearance brawl between Fitzroy and East Perth for his services.

On a lighter note,he was known to indulge in a big Lunch of Baked Beans on Saturdays.I take it lighters were banned in the Changerooms around Kevin for a few years. :lol:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 26068
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:36 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:33 pm
Well yeah,I called it an Incident,but I suppose you can’t really include Kevin O’Keefe as a brawler.

Out of his control as well,was a clearance brawl between Fitzroy and East Perth for his services.

On a lighter note,he was known to indulge in a big Lunch of Baked Beans on Saturdays.I take it lighters were banned in the Changerooms around Kevin for a few years. :lol:
The sad footage...

Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by grassy1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Got any nominations of your own,Ben?

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7109
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by Crazyman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:21 pm

In an updated list, Hall on Staker, Hall against Roos, Lloyd on Sewell and Gaff from last week...

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by grassy1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:57 pm

There were a few who tonked poor old Gary Lyon on the scone,eh?That was eons before Gary and Mrs,.... :-" So Why was he picked on?

Steven O’Dwyer was a bit of a Hothead,including grabbing an Umpire on the back of the neck.I wonder if he copped a Suspension for that?

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 919
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by DC2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:33 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:36 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:33 pm
Well yeah,I called it an Incident,but I suppose you can’t really include Kevin O’Keefe as a brawler.

Out of his control as well,was a clearance brawl between Fitzroy and East Perth for his services.

On a lighter note,he was known to indulge in a big Lunch of Baked Beans on Saturdays.I take it lighters were banned in the Changerooms around Kevin for a few years. :lol:
The sad footage...

this should be the footage shown as why not to duck.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8802
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by grassy1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Was it ever mentioned what a Melbourne Member or someone at the MCG said,after Todd Viney showed the Umpire/s his bitten finger,in his wrestle with Chris Lewis,in 1991?

How was this missed?

Like a witchity Grub!

:o #-o :roll:
Last edited by grassy1 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 26068
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Robbie MAD DOG Muir

Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 26068
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:22 pm

FootBRAWL

Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

desmondo
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Biffs,Bumps and Brawlers

Post by desmondo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:21 pm

Maybe it`s just me (being an old fart), but I miss the good old biffs and even some of the brawls that used to happen, the adrenalin rush and excitment when both teams got into it was amazing, AND 'normally' no matter how big a melee there had been, the damage wasn`t too bad.

But I totally agree they had to stop the king-hitters behind the play, like Duncan f***'n Wright and Barry Hall and co, but the game has become ho-hum namby-pamby, where you can`t look at some-one the wrong way, or even say something that might be construed as 'derogatory' or will you get fined. :-$ :-# How the f*** are you supposed to put some-one off their game if you can`t even look at them funny?. ](*,) ](*,) It`s not really THAT bad, but, you get my gist right?.

I`m thinking that if the AFL fined ANY player that punched another player, let`s say a minimum $50.000 (and it should be on a sliding scale for the more severe the punch the more it costs the player) for each and 'every' punch, not many will be throwing punches around you would think. And also the player doing the punching should be automatically suspended, again on a sliding scale, depending on the severity of the punch, (or what-ever act caused injury to another player), and as well (as an extra), I think the the offending player should automatically MISS the game next time those two teams meet.

Post Reply