Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25830
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:04 am

Image

A clean up of the list has begun...

Jackson Merrett
Josh Green
Jayden Laverde
Michael Hartley
Travis Colyer
David Myers
Matthew Leuenberger

... for starters
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by s'dreams » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 am

Myers might have some trade value ... to Freo for pick 65 (he has another year on his contract so Freo would expect us to pay for next year).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by hop » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:51 am

Not saying this is right.......but Myers aint going anywhere - we all know that - and Ditto for Laverde unless he wants a trade out (unlikely).

The rest Ciao!

What's Long Jnr's status? - He is on the list due to name alone.

I'd chuck Brown into the mix as well - not a long-term prospect - continually gets lost (there is a reason we keep kicking it to Tippa in the forward line) - and doesn't work hard enough going the other way.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by s'dreams » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:06 am

hop wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:51 am
Not saying this is right.......but Myers aint going anywhere - we all know that - and Ditto for Laverde unless he wants a trade out (unlikely).

The rest Ciao!

What's Long Jnr's status? - He is on the list due to name alone.

I'd chuck Brown into the mix as well - not a long-term prospect - continually gets lost (there is a reason we keep kicking it to Tippa in the forward line) - and doesn't work hard enough going the other way.
Long is out of contract this year. Time to say bye (he has been on the list for I think 4 years, he has his degree by now).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7072
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by Crazyman » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:55 pm

May keep Leuy for 1 more as backup given Toms injury history & while Draper continues to develop...

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by s'dreams » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:55 pm
May keep Leuy for 1 more as backup given Toms injury history & while Draper continues to develop...
From rumors my son passed on - we may want to put more attention into McKernan's contract than Luey's.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by Windy_Hill » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:17 pm

If we are going to be players in the trade season we will in all likelihood need to offer up some reasonable talent and free up some salary cap...i assume.

Goddard's situation may be a lynchpin to securing a highly paid trade target. I assume BJ is getting at least 400K to 500K p.a.

He could play on but surely on a much reduced 1 year deal

In terms of trade...unless we give up our first round pick and more, not sure how we will land a ready made elite mid. Certainly Trav C and David M will not achieve that outcome.

Any word on Francis's intentions? Isnt he out of contract? Will he stay on...i do hope so

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by hop » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:17 pm
If we are going to be players in the trade season we will in all likelihood need to offer up some reasonable talent and free up some salary cap...i assume.

Goddard's situation may be a lynchpin to securing a highly paid trade target. I assume BJ is getting at least 400K to 500K p.a.

He could play on but surely on a much reduced 1 year deal

In terms of trade...unless we give up our first round pick and more, not sure how we will land a ready made elite mid. Certainly Trav C and David M will not achieve that outcome.

Any word on Francis's intentions? Isnt he out of contract? Will he stay on...i do hope so
As much as I've admired BJ and what he has done and brought to the club......time to move on. We can't afford to have him play on if we are serious about attracting and developing top-end talent.

Be happy for him to stay on in a coaching role like Kelly. He is far more credentialed than the Corrigans.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by hop » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 am

Crazyman wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:55 pm
May keep Leuy for 1 more as backup given Toms injury history & while Draper continues to develop...
In the words of John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!!!!"

He has to be the first piece of broken down, stationary furniture that is chucked into the skip. The bloke can't even walk out of his own shadow - let alone compete on an AFL field.

We do need to find another ruckman - go young - go tall 205cm plus.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25830
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:20 pm

hop wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 am
Crazyman wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:55 pm
May keep Leuy for 1 more as backup given Toms injury history & while Draper continues to develop...
In the words of John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!!!!"

He has to be the first piece of broken down, stationary furniture that is chucked into the skip. The bloke can't even walk out of his own shadow - let alone compete on an AFL field.

We do need to find another ruckman - go young - go tall 205cm plus.
Yep, straight to the skip...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7072
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by Crazyman » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:14 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:20 pm
hop wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 am
Crazyman wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:55 pm
May keep Leuy for 1 more as backup given Toms injury history & while Draper continues to develop...
In the words of John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!!!!"

He has to be the first piece of broken down, stationary furniture that is chucked into the skip. The bloke can't even walk out of his own shadow - let alone compete on an AFL field.

We do need to find another ruckman - go young - go tall 205cm plus.
Yep, straight to the skip...
Not saying we should, just saying it might happen...

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15541
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by F111 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 am

Goddard.

If Lyon doesn't get sacked, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do a Hodge move.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8468
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by grassy1 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 am
Myers might have some trade value ... to Freo for pick 65 (he has another year on his contract so Freo would expect us to pay for next year).
Don’t you Dare do that to him or anyone!

Sending some poor sod to an Absolute Rabble!Dorkers Or Old Toast(Gold Coast). :evil:

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by hop » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:37 am

Goddard has jumped in - or was he shoved......
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
billyduckworth
Club Captain
Posts: 2941
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Fawkner

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by billyduckworth » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am

Not sure whether he jumped or was pushed, or just fell in, but anyway I think it's the right decision.

He was great for us in our hour of need, but time to move on now.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25830
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:14 pm

billyduckworth wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am
Not sure whether he jumped or was pushed, or just fell in, but anyway I think it's the right decision.

He was great for us in our hour of need, but time to move on now.
Yeah, he deserves respect. He played very well for our club. There's no denying that. He won a Crichton in his first season with us, and finished in teh top 5 every season he played (he won't this year though).

He was a total professional who demanded high standards from his teammates. To me, that is a guy who played his guts out for his jumper, and wanted everyone else to do the same. I, for one, want to thank him for his services. You don't often get a guy moving clubs and playing to the level he did for us. And that was after the club had plummeted him in the biggest turmoil a club has ever endured. Did he drop his bundle? Did he just sit back and collect his pay cheques like so many other recruits over the years have done? No, he went about his footy wanting to make a difference and to drive the club out of the shit.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by Rover99 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Thanks Brendan for being there a few times when we really needed you :D

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by hop » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:14 pm
billyduckworth wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am
Not sure whether he jumped or was pushed, or just fell in, but anyway I think it's the right decision.

He was great for us in our hour of need, but time to move on now.
Yeah, he deserves respect. He played very well for our club. There's no denying that. He won a Crichton in his first season with us, and finished in teh top 5 every season he played (he won't this year though).

He was a total professional who demanded high standards from his teammates. To me, that is a guy who played his guts out for his jumper, and wanted everyone else to do the same. I, for one, want to thank him for his services. You don't often get a guy moving clubs and playing to the level he did for us. And that was after the club had plummeted him in the biggest turmoil a club has ever endured. Did he drop his bundle? Did he just sit back and collect his pay cheques like so many other recruits over the years have done? No, he went about his footy wanting to make a difference and to drive the club out of the shit.
This.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by nudder12 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Pushed.

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15541
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by F111 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:48 am

nudder12 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm
Pushed.
Yes, he said that he was told.

Post Reply