2018 AFL Finals Series

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

2018 AFL Finals Series

Post by grassy1 »

Ok,given we’re not in it,so it would be easy and understandable to say,”Who gives a shit?!”

Ok,I’ll take a passing academic interest,to pass the generally cooler month of spring,whilst admittedly keeping an eye on the Rabbitohs,whilst some might with the Storm.

And gee,guess who’s playing next week on Friday night?Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs.Go Bunnies!

But back to Aussie Rules,as we know,here are the Fixtures for the 1st Round of the AFL Finals Series.

Thursday Night
Richmond v Hawthorn
Friday Night
Melbourne v Geeling
Saturday
Sydney v GWS
Saturday Night
West Coast v Collingwood

The 1st thing that springs to mind,is rain is Firecast for Saturday Night.In Perth!

With the Will he/won’t he saga of Josh Kennedy possibly coming to a thankfull end,it will be interesting to see if a slippery surface causes any bother,or he sails through his 1 st game in weeks,as if nothing happened to him.

Generally speaking,Kennedy’s Inclusion should give West Coast an enormous boost to complete the jigsaw of a talented forward line.

The Pies go back to a Stadium,that gave them a feel for the place,but hopefully for them,they don’t replicate the ordinary performance against a very ordinary mob of plonkers.

West Coast by 24 points
I jokingly wished for a Double Forfeit,with GWS tossed into the bargain,leaving the other 5 to fight it out for the Flag. :lol:

Tigers and the Hawks should be a Top Class Match,as should the Demons and Cats.

Might just save these 2 games for further discussion closer to the day they play,but I am looking forward to them.

As for Sydney and GWS,about the best thing I can say about this Fixture,is that it’s a Day Game,at the SCG.

With the WAFL Finals more than likely being played on Sunday(with poor old Perth watching from the sidelines again),I will simply keep tabs on the SCG Final on the AFL App,whilst checking out an Amateur Grand Final(or the Races).

The Injury Status Of a Certain All Australian Captain will probably dominate discussion of that game.

If Buddy is up and running,I Favour Sydney.If not,GWS could fly under the Swans’ radar and send the AWFULL Commission into raptures Of delight.Spare Me! :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2018 AFL Finals Series

Post by grassy1 »

Oops,forgot to discuss the 2 Finals games in preview that just took place.Oh well,must have been busy. :roll:

So far,I am reasonably satisfied about the results that have transpired.

Richmond survived the 1 Test that many considered might have tripped them up.

Hawthorn put up a Fair Contest,but in reality,Richmond were never going to lose it and are going to be very hard to toss for The Flag.

They’re not there yet,but I am finding it hard to believe they can be beat this September.

Melbourne in their 1st Finals Series for 12 years,advanced to the Semi’s with a Clear Cut Win over the Underachieving Cats.

Whilst they were never really in danger of losing last night,I might be swimming against the tide in suggesting they’ll have to play Far better next week to get past Hawthorn.

I sure hope I’m wrong,as I’ve had enough of Hawthorn winning over the years,to see ‘em Win again before they’re due,which shouldn’t be too far off.

I’ll leave to others to comment about Clarkson and his Sheep presser,plus Chris Scott and his usual antics in the Coach’s Box.

I didn’t see to much of him on camera,but someone on a local footy forum,reckons he was at it again.

As for today’s games,I ain’t s fan of any of the 4 dudes playing,but if Sydney keep me going in a Finals Competition,I’ll be happy for 1 more week.

It will be interesting to see what Kennedy’s return will do for the Eagles.Logic Dictates they will be better for his return.But coming back from a bad injury will be a big test for him and he need others around him to back him up,if things go a bit pear shaped and his team gets too Kennedy focused.

Must as I dislike the Eagles,I hope the Big Fella kicks a few,whatever the result.He is an undoubted Talent!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Tigers are a fantastic team. Amazing transformation from 2016 (and prior). Everyone laughed at Dimma (including me) when he said “I have the list to succeed”. Good on him.

Demons. Played very well last night. Should have won by 12 goals. They did this without Lever and Hogan. Cats are rooted. They are living in a children’s book by believing their fortunes lie with their fairytale midfielders - Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett. It’s all over for them. And Chris Scott IMO.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Danger and Ablett were shit last night.

Would fit in with Colyer with thier efficiency

Danger also showed he’s a dirty little whinger when things don’t go his way...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Cheers fellas,I welcome your input here and anyone else who joins in the conversation here,as regrettable as it is,is not being there. :roll:

Selwood’s brain snap didn’t help the Cat’s cause,when the Tomahawk was lining up to close the gap and doing all he could to help his team.

Ablett’s 1st shot on goal was appalling in it’s laziness and instead of Melbourne getting the jump,an early Cats goal could have set the tone of the match differently.

Maybe that sort of football was what Billy(Brownless)was referring to a few weeks back?
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Yeah the cats looked like the pensioners club at one stage. Overall it was a scrappy game but I've never seen a team so keen to win a final. The Dees were jumping out of their skin, right up to the final siren but it will take more than that to win a flag
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Grassy Wet Toast were the slightly better team tonight but they had a lot of help in the fourth quarter . Nevertheless it was great to see Eddie jumping up and down yelling foul. That made my night
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Rover99 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:01 pm Yeah the cats looked like the pensioners club at one stage. Overall it was a scrappy game but I've never seen a team so keen to win a final. The Dees were jumping out of their skin, right up to the final siren but it will take more than that to win a flag
Shades of ‘87,when Melbourne made their 1st Finals appearance since ‘64.

They were jumping out their skin then as well.Almost got ‘em to The Big One.

Almost.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Rover99 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 pm Grassy Wet Toast were the slightly better team tonight but they had a lot of help in the fourth quarter . Nevertheless it was great to see Eddie jumping up and down yelling foul. That made my night
The Filth Blew It in my book Rover.They had the Wet Toast on Toast and they Blew It!

I didn’t care about who won,but now I’ve gotta Cop at least 2 weeks of Eagle Bullshit from the WA Media and their MORON fan base!

Jeeezzzuss! :roll: :shock: :-&
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:44 am
Rover99 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 pm Grassy Wet Toast were the slightly better team tonight but they had a lot of help in the fourth quarter . Nevertheless it was great to see Eddie jumping up and down yelling foul. That made my night
The Filth Blew It in my book Rover.They had the Wet Toast on Toast and they Blew It!

I didn’t care about who won,but now I’ve gotta Cop at least 2 weeks of Eagle Bullshit from the WA Media and their MORON fan base!

Jeeezzzuss! :roll: :shock: :-&
Yeah Maggots got em over the line. Eddie was spewing!! But there was a dropping off in intensity too. :shock:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Tigers are red hot. They just shifted into a new gear and blew Haeks away. West Coadt don’t really inspire. Didn’t think they were all that impressive. Collingwood looked better, but didn’t come away with the win. Umpiring over West is digusying. Demons mean business. They want to do a Bulldogs and a Richmond. They may very well do! Cats looked cooked. Slow and one dimensional. Swans are equally cruddy. Pathetic game. GWS on the other hand are gathering momentum. Interesting to see if they have the concrete to go all the way.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Fake Flag if GWS jag it,being Awfull’s Lovechold.

Just as much as East Perth Eagles and Peelmantle Winning WAFL Flags were
Fake Flags.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Go Dees. =D>
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It’s A Grand Old Flag,.....

Well,for the Time being anyway!

I can still hear my Grandfather roll his eyes at me saying,”What?!You follow that Mob?!”

Meaning us! :roll: :lol:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Whorethorn Dynasty finally Dead

They tried to get the pulse going but the Demons put paid to Hawthorn's attempt to avoid the inevitable re-build. 4 successive finals losses for the Hasbeen Hawks

Thankfully its over folks - they are gone.

Aging stars, no midfield depth and barely a KPP amongst them.

Sure they will give away the farm for Dylan Shiel and co. but trust me, they are Max Gawn!!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I’d like to think so Windy,but I have the uneasy feeling they’ll be around for s few years yet. :(

Just out of interest,was there an article in the Herald Sun or The Age outlining Melbourne fans Hatred of Hawthorn?

Has to be more than the ‘87 Preliminary.

Such as any Final Hawthorn knocked ‘em orf in the early 60’s?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:55 am I’d like to think so Windy,but I have the uneasy feeling they’ll be around for s few years yet. :(

Just out of interest,was there an article in the Herald Sun or The Age outlining Melbourne fans Hatred of Hawthorn?

Has to be more than the ‘87 Preliminary.

Such as any Final Hawthorn knocked ‘em orf in the early 60’s?
A truching 96 point loss in ‘88 wouldn’t make them admire that lot either. Or merger talks etc
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Merger would be the main thing...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oh yeah,I forgot the ‘88 GF for a bit.

Just remember poor old Melbourne and THAT 15 Metre Penalty,......etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well,that’s GWS Out the Way,thankfully.

The Filth have done their job of being used,so those sods should now get the mothballs ready,after Richmond give them the mother of all hidings,much like 1980 and all the other Finals in the 60’s and 70’s,the Tigers handed them! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that,I’ll be having my Cake and eating it too,in reminding weagles whingers,that there hasn’t been a Richmond v Melbourne Grand Final since 1940,nor a Collingwood v Melbourne Grand Final since that Famous one in 1964.

Whoops,there’s 1 lot missing from all that.

The Weagle Bastards!Oh dearie me,won’t life be nice and quiet if they get rolled?!Paradise! 8) :lol: :twisted:

If those Pricks get up,life will be Hell and you’ll never hear the end of it from those 1st Class Wankers!Spare me! #-o :-& :evil: