DYLAN SHIEL

Post by Daisy..1 »

...Are we GOOD????????...Did we did we?
Image]
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: DYLAN SHIEL

Post by F111 »

Shiel's manager Paul Connors confirmed he expects the Giants to request draft picks, rather than players, in any negotiations.
https://screenshots.firefox.com/Td5LnDO ... afl.com.au
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

F111 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 pm https://youtu.be/03-YBqSlxFA[/YouTube]
Oh man can this guy go. Does things we could only dream about in recent Essendon sides. One word....CLEVER!!!! Can he be the coach too? Can't wait for March!!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 pm
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Welcome to Essendon Football Club,Dylan Shiel.

Good luck on your endeavours with us and hopefully your immediate future comes with a Premiership or 3. :wink:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:37 pm Welcome to Essendon Football Club,Dylan Shiel.

Good luck on your endeavours with us and hopefully your immediate future comes with a Premiership or 3. :wink:
Deal hasn’t been done yet has it? Hope you’re right of course, but I can’t see anything on the website saying he’s a Bomber!

:shock:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I thought we had obtained his services.

My apologies if that is not is not so.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:13 am I thought we had obtained his services.

I have by anything yet. I think the club is exploring other trade/s which may affect our offer to GWS. Could be a situation where Dodoro needs to explore, consult, negotiate, speculate, then execute.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 pm
grassy1 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:13 am I thought we had obtained his services.

I have by anything yet. I think the club is exploring other trade/s which may affect our offer to GWS. Could be a situation where Dodoro needs to explore, consult, negotiate, speculate, then execute.
Yes maybe, but if so, only with the intention of firstly sealing the deal for Shiel. You can just imagine (if you can, in your wildest dreams) what would happen if this deal fell through because of something we failed to do. Shiel's decision and what transpired was almost unprecedented.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Rover99 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 am

Yes maybe, but if so, only with the intention of firstly sealing the deal for Shiel. You can just imagine (if you can, in your wildest dreams) what would happen if this deal fell through because of something we failed to do. Shiel's decision and what transpired was almost unprecedented.
Pretty sure the Shiel deal will get done.
The biggest risk for EFC is that in the last couple of years we've traded away so many draft picks that the cupboard might be bare in a few years.
We sure better be successful in the next few years or we'll be a basket case after that.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:17 am
Rover99 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 am

Pretty sure the Shiel deal will get done.
The biggest risk for EFC is that in the last couple of years we've traded away so many draft picks that the cupboard might be bare in a few years.
We sure better be successful in the next few years or we'll be a basket case after that.
Doesn't seem to bother Whorethorn ... they are looking like getting three former top 10 draft picks (Wingard, Scullu and Scrimshaw) for f*** all (save trading off a very promising young KPP).

Seems having both success and a top top notch medical/rehab team is all that is needed (even for the clubs letting the players go ...).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I have no evidence to support these musings but I would imagine Dodoro already has the basic deal for Shiel locked in. But there may be further discussions on going regarding getting certain picks back from GWS in order to make a play for another trade prospect (Martin for example)

I don’t know for sure what picks we have available for this and next year but I would imagine the club is trying to keep a 1st and 2nd round pick up their sleeve, either from this year or next year’s draft to make a play for a second A grade trade

Pure speculation I know but given the delay in signing off the Shiel Deal you would think something of this nature is going on in the background

One thing is for sure, Shiel to Essendon, as a minimum, will definitely happen
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The last few hours of trade period is being televised Wednesday night on Fox Footy.

Notice how none of the big name deals have been completed yet, but plenty of little some no name player from a top 8 team has been traded to a bottom 4 team for a draft pick in the 19th round have occurred. You know the ones like Dean Kent from Melbourne to St Kilda for pick 64 or whatever it was, the ones no one give a shit about, not even Saints or Dees supporters.

The cynic in me reckons there are a number of trades that have essentially been done, and the AFL is looking after their broadcast partners and have told the clubs/players/agents not to announce the deal until prime time on Wednesday night.

That when we will see the likes of the Shiel, Hogan, Lobb, Neale, Kelly, Beams deals go down one after the other.

Stage managed bullshit to suit the AFL's agenda.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

As an aside,Dees Supporters over here give a shit sboout where Dean Kent goes.It just depends whether they’re Red and Black or Red and Blue. 8)

But Ealesy,totally agree.Absolutely the AFL are Stagemanaging this Bullshit,to distract us from other sports.

Talk about self obsessed!But sadly,it works!That’s AWFULL(AFL Commission)for you!

Now which Sporting body in the world do you think they get that trait from?Roger Goodall might be a Clue.

Gregg Easterbrook of The Atlantic could us a thing or many about Roge,then people over our way might twig on a few things about AWFULL! :-"
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Agree. Then as a final act, the Martin deal will be announced to give us the Quinella. Suns got picks 2 and 3 as compo for Lynch and have a bunch of other swaps and trades so why hang onto someone who doesn't want to be there? Jack Martin to Bombers please and rebuild your hen coup.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Is this deal done yet?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

MH_Bomber wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm Is this deal done yet?
Well, according to the guy I spoke to on the Essendon membership line the deal is done. Apparently Shiel was around the club earlier in the week having his promo photos taken :D
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

90 Mins to gooo......whats the Carlton involvement that they are referring too? Hope we don't lose to them....... Again.
Image]
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

juff wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm Is this deal done yet?
Well, according to the guy I spoke to on the Essendon membership line the deal is done. Apparently Shiel was around the club earlier in the week having his promo photos taken :D
If that's the case.... WTF are they not announcing it and saying no deal has been done yet?? No advantage nor reason for that?
Image]