Major League Baseball 2018

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Major League Baseball 2018

Post by grassy1 »

A goddamn Spankin’ for the Yankees there,Bert.

Enjoyed learning about that one.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

We did our best to throw the game away today but got through. Now onto the Astro’s. Going to be a great series.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hope the Brewers flog the Dodgers!

The Brewers have been threatening to do something special for a few years and here’s their chance.

Good to see the Red Sox Flog The Yankees!It’s weird,but the 1st Red Sox fans I think of are fictitious fans in the Cheers Bar,lead by Carla Tortelli and Sam Malone. :lol:
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 am

Good to see the Red Sox Flog The Yankees!It’s weird,but the 1st Red Sox fans I think of are fictitious fans in the Cheers Bar,lead by Carla Tortelli and Sam Malone. :lol:
Thats why I follow the Red Sox, I loved that show. I had a beer in the bar when I was over there a couple of months ago. They didn't know my name though.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Shit mate,I hope you had a right Piss up and a great time.

What time was “Last Drinks(and takeaways)called!

Damn pity the night had to end.

Please tell us more,about was said over a few Jars?!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Quick summation of the Championship Series so far.

Brewers lead the Dodgers in LA 2 - 1.Games 4 and 5 to come at Dodger Stadium.Games 6 and 7 back at Miller’s Park,if required.

Red Sox and defending World Series Champions the Astros are knotted at 1 - 1,with the ALCS heading to Houston for Games 4,5 and 6.

These 2 could have squared off in the ‘86 World Series,if the Astros had a bit more luck against the Brash Mets.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

If we can win one of the next 2 games, we should be able to win a game at home to go through. Massive grand slam yesterday.

13 innings game in LA yesterday and then they get the early start today.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Red Sox lead the Series 3 - 1 now,Bert.

Not there yet,but when did Brooklyn Dodgers and the Red Sox ever play - off in The World Series?

Must have been at least 70 years ago?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The Red Sox are in The World Series,after cleaning up the Astros 4 - 1 on 2 scores.

The NLCS sees Games 6 and 7 if required being played in Milwaukee,with the Dodgers holding a 3 - 2 series lead

So far in Game 6,the Brewers are 5 - 2 in the middle of the 5th,with a David Freese Double sparking a Pitching change.

Go Brewers!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Skipping ahead to The World Series,after the Dodgers took the Brewers 4 - 3,sees the Red Sox leading 2 - Zip,after 8 - 4 and 4 - 2 Wins.

Haven’t really got into it yet,but I did notice the Red Sox post a Loss for 1 C.Kershaw.Great result for the Red Sox there.

Having been Stung by a fellow called Mookie in 1986,one Mookie Betts could be a major player for the Red Sox in this World Series.

Weird name Mookie.Anyone know the origins of such a name?
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Boston 2-0 up with the next 3 games in LA. In the box seat to win it now. Should win at least one in LA hopefully 2 to clinch the title.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Boston....urrgh!

What an appalling result
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

That’ll do me for this season.The Yanks have won enough and can wait 20 or so years,as far as I’m concerned.

Time for teams like the Indians,Pirates,Orioles and Reds to get a look in.

Though of course,I’d sooner the Cubs do a bit of nip and tuck over the Off-season and Win it again.

But for now,Well Done Red Sox.Perhaps that might enable Fenway Sports Group to concentrate on helping Liverpool Win the Premier League and Champions League as well?!

Anything to add Bert?
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Games 3 and 4 were classics. Red Sox should have won game 3 apart from an error and you could say they were lucky to win game 4 after going 4-0 down.

It was a terrific season for Boston. The best team won and they went 11-3 in the playoffs.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Both were Incredible,Game 3 Unbelievable.

18 Innings.I wonder if they had another 7th Innings stretch after 14? :lol:

If that was the only way the Dodgers could nick 1,then the Red Sox were Monties to take the Series.

Game 4,saw a bigger threat from the Baseball team,once known as The Big Blue Wrecking Machine(NFL had the New York Giants),when they jumped to a 4 - 0 lead late,only for the Red Sox to peg it back with 3,then LA got Swamped and the rest was history.

Game 5 saw Boston never look like letting it go,which meant their 4th World Series since the 86 year drought breaker in 2003.

2 Losses in a Row to the Dodgers in the Big One and they must be wondering if they’ll get a chance to go all the way,when it matters.