2018 Victorian State Election

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

2018 Victorian State Election

Post by grassy1 »

Hopefully,I can hear the Green Machine,if I can get an ABC Channel at the Pub next Saturday.On the other hand,I might just watch Dirty Harry’s Last Movie. :lol:

But failing that and leading up to it,some opinions here from all sides of the political fence wouldn’t go astray.

What will happen to Dan The Man and his Government?
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2018 Victorian State Election

Post by BERT »

Dan will get back in. There isn’t enough angst against his government yet. Apart from the East/West link and how he pushed sky rail onto residents with no notification his big projects have been solid.

Guy isn’t cutting through and apart from law and order he doesn’t get his message across.

My prediction is the ALP will win with a similar majority.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ta Bert.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Latest polling has Labor up 54-46 2PP...which would see the. Increase their majority over the LNP, even if they do lose a couple of inner city seats to the Greens which they are a chance to.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Haven’t the Greens had a Disastrous Campaign though Ealesy?A couple of I’ll advised bouts of waxing lyrical,by a couple of candidates?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The Green Machine(Mr Anthony Green),will be keep us fascinated by his analysis and graphics.

Coverage on the ABC(24?)starts at 6PM,Melbourne Time.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Andrews will get elected with an increased majority.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Apparently,the Herald Sun has rooted for the Coslition in Every Election since the Merger in the early 90’s,Of The Sun and The Herald.

No Bias there,you Right Wing Whinging Twits!Oh,that’s right!It’s not funded by Taxpayers!

From what I remember from the basic rules of writing an article,Bias is Bias!It’s Wrong!

But,NEVER was there any mention of whether an opinion piece was Public,or Private!

SHAME ON YOU RUPERT!

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:05 am Apparently,the Herald Sun has rooted for the Coslition in Every Election since the Merger in the early 90’s,Of The Sun and The Herald.

No Bias there,you Right Wing Whinging Twits!Oh,that’s right!It’s not funded by Taxpayers!

From what I remember from the basic rules of writing an article,Bias is Bias!It’s Wrong!

But,NEVER was there any mention of whether an opinion piece was Public,or Private!

SHAME ON YOU RUPERT!

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
It doesn’t matter to those who don’t buy or subscribe to that shit :wink:
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Betcha the Herald Sun Editor is looking like a right Goose now.

Borrowing from the ole Wranslide,it’s looking like a Danslide here! :o
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Coalition got an absolute flogging. The Greens got smacked as well.

Must admit, I was absolutely critical of VIC Labor for so long due to promising so much but delivering nought. Andrews actually got on with things and had made significant improvements to transport infrastructure. Well done. Election victory thoroughly deserved.
Essendunny
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Wow, that was a belting. That result pretty much means that Labor will win the next election in 4 years. In seats like Carrum, Frankston and Cranbourne that the Libs had to win the swing to Labor was massive.

As much as I’m not a fan of Dan, he does what he says he is going to do.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Such a result in Victoria,will embolden the WA Labor Government here to Crash through or Crash.

They have a Smashing Majority here,but that doesn’t give them the right to Treat the Liberal Voting Western Suburbs like Shit,in forcing Unwanted High Density Residential enclaves.

That’s fine in new areas,but it’s completely inappropriate for the Western Suburbs,as they are totally without character in older areas.

The planning Minister(Rita Saffiotti) is being a Total Madam with her Bullshit about Nimbyism and I for one,intend to give her a serve on the Radio tomorrow morning,not once,but twice.
:evil:

The state of the Coalition ain’t great here,after deservedly getting tossed out of office,but McGowan’s Election Night Rubbish about Government for all Western Australians rings hollow and if his lot get too arrogant,maybe they’ll become a 1 term Government.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

I thought Andrews would get elected with an increased majority, but I never thought it would be such a rout! :shock:
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BERT wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 pm Wow, that was a belting. That result pretty much means that Labor will win the next election in 4 years. In seats like Carrum, Frankston and Cranbourne that the Libs had to win the swing to Labor was massive.

As much as I’m not a fan of Dan, he does what he says he is going to do.
I direct you to Queensland as evidence 4 years is a long time between elections.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

This thread has reached 25 pages on Ozfooty and it ain’t me that did it.

I know the main protagonist that sits in a certain place in Bombo Valley.You know who I’m referring to Red? :wink:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:10 pm This thread has reached 25 pages on Ozfooty and it ain’t me that did it.

I know the main protagonist that sits in a certain place in Bombo Valley.You know who I’m referring to Red? :wink:
25 pages on the Vic election? That’s extreme. Not much to say other than it was an anihilation.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

How anyone can have any respect for our Justice System or the Law is beyond me.

Having worked for the Department of Justice in the Victorian Prison System, all I can say is Justice has nothing to do with Justice or fairness as most of us know or expect. The Law is an absolute joke and simply about who can put forth the best legal argument and find a precedent which suits your particular case. I saw more injustice on the inside than on the outside. The prison system is about recidivism plain and simple bums on seats. Anyone who is rehabilitated within the system deserves a medal because it almost an impossibility and the odds are stacked against it happening. Things within the system are not improving and crime runs the black economy.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.