International Cricket

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: International Cricket

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:That freak Kumar Sangakkara is at it again....

Just passed 12,000 test runs (in the quickest time - 224 innings), knocked up his 38th test century, and his 11th double century (one behind the world record held by Sir Donald Bradman). His average is a bees dick under 59. Amazing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand ... 49779.html
And it wasn't like it was a featherbed - team was 5-78 at one stage. He made 203 out of 350 odd.
One of the classiest batsmen I've ever seen, and a gentleman to boot.
Just awesome this bloke.

Would love a No.3 just half as good as he is in our side. Compare Watson's stats with Sanga and you get quite a giggle.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:That freak Kumar Sangakkara is at it again....

Just passed 12,000 test runs (in the quickest time - 224 innings), knocked up his 38th test century, and his 11th double century (one behind the world record held by Sir Donald Bradman). His average is a bees dick under 59. Amazing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand ... 49779.html
And it wasn't like it was a featherbed - team was 5-78 at one stage. He made 203 out of 350 odd.
One of the classiest batsmen I've ever seen, and a gentleman to boot.
Just awesome this bloke.

Would love a No.3 just half as good as he is in our side. Compare Watson's stats with Sanga and you get quite a giggle.
Compare Watson's stats with just about anyone (bowling or batting) and you get quite a giggle…
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

A new ODI record has been set by South Africa. Highest ever total 2/439 off 50 overs with Amla scoring 153*, Russouw 128, and De Villiers 149.

De Villiers 149 off 44 balls with 9 fours and 16 sixes. His hundred came up in 31 deliveries. FMD.

No matter how piss weak the Windies bowling was, or how hard a concrete block the pitch was, that is one phenomenal effort :shock: :shock: :shock:

I look forward to a day when a team scores 500, and every scoring shot is a reverse of everything conventional. Won't be long folks...
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BenDoolan wrote:A new ODI record has been set by South Africa. Highest ever total 2/439 off 50 overs with Amla scoring 153*, Russouw 128, and De Villiers 149.

De Villiers 149 off 44 balls with 9 fours and 16 sixes. His hundred came up in 31 deliveries. FMD.

No matter how piss weak the Windies bowling was, or how hard a concrete block the pitch was, that is one phenomenal effort :shock: :shock: :shock:

I look forward to a day when a team scores 500, and every scoring shot is a reverse of everything conventional. Won't be long folks...
:shock: That is unbelieveable. 2 fer as well..... The guys in the shed would be pissed not to get a crack.

Where to for the Windies? I remember them being unbeatable in the Benson and Hedges days.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:A new ODI record has been set by South Africa. Highest ever total 2/439 off 50 overs with Amla scoring 153*, Russouw 128, and De Villiers 149.

:shock: That is unbelieveable. 2 fer as well..... The guys in the shed would be pissed not to get a crack.

Where to for the Windies? I remember them being unbeatable in the Benson and Hedges days.
Windies are dead to cricket. It used to be their religion 70's & 80's. Then the school kids started shooting hoops and kicking soccer balls in the 90's.

The problem is, the West Indies isn't a nation. It's a group of island countries getting together to form a "national" team. There is a lot of bickering between Islands, and they aren't really united.

It's a shame.
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Sismis wrote: :shock: That is unbelieveable. 2 fer as well..... The guys in the shed would be pissed not to get a crack.
My favourite part of that whole scorecard is the guy from WI who did get a crack and made 1 from 15 balls. You'd just about have to give it up.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Who likes Bangers & Mash? I thought the English do. I wonder how it tastes for them at the moment?

http://m.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v- ... 29825.html

What an engrossing conclusion. Good luck to the Deshi's! [-o<
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sausages and Mash 'Taters have done it!

http://m.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v- ... 29827.html
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

What an extraordinary match...ending in a great result! Well done Windies 8)

Bowled out England for 77 in their 1st innings, then Jason Holder went berserk in the Windies 2nd dig with 202*. Roston Chase cleaned up England’s 2nd innings with 8/60.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1891 ... wi-2018-19
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Love it when the Poms get Smashed!

That’s a Big punch in the nose to Fleet St.

Well done Windies!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

West Indies Clinch the Wisden Series 2 - 0 with a 10 Wicket Hiding of a currently Hopeless English rabble.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:43 am West Indies Clinch the Wisden Series 2 - 0 with a 10 Wicket Hiding of a currently Hopeless English rabble.
=D>

But I think we’ll go there and make an embarrassment of ourselves in the Ashes...
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:32 am
grassy1 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:43 am West Indies Clinch the Wisden Series 2 - 0 with a 10 Wicket Hiding of a currently Hopeless English rabble.
=D>

But I think we’ll go there and make an embarrassment of ourselves in the Ashes...
No we won’t, selectors pick players on form, domestic comps are set up just right to ensure it and by then the Marsh boys, Labuschagne and Ussie will be firing after scoring a combined 200 from thier last combined 10 matches 😂😢😛
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:32 am
=D>

More than likely Yes,mate.But I sincerely hope not.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

What an amazing victory by Sri Lanka over South Africa at Durban! Needing 304 for victory, they were at one stage 5/110. A recovery saw them scratch to 9/226. The last pair put on 78 for a 1 wicket victory =D>

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1864 ... sa-2018-19

Kusal Perera take a bow =D> =D> =D>
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Great Win by Sri Lanka,but it must be said South Africa threw it away,Big Time.

Could only follow the scores,as the Bar Staff couldn’t locate the cricket channel.Dale Steyn must have copped a bit of a hiding.Was he getting angrier,trying too hard to get the last wicket,only to get Tonked by Perera more than once?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

2 - 0 to Sri Lanka.Well Done to them!

Just heard on Offsiders,they are the 1st Asian Team to beat South Africa in a Test Series on South African Soil.Doubly Well Done Sri Lanka!

South Africa’s Embarrassment is Complete!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

ODI v India 2-2.

Dhoni rested in G4, replacement missed a crucial stumping :lol:

He'll be back for the decider.

Will it be the last appearance for S. Marsh for Australia, or will he hit a scintillating 100 keeping him in contention for the WC? That's how it usually works isn't it? :-k
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Reckon this series could be a bit of a slap in the face for the BCCI and Indian Cricket fans.They must have thought the whole tour by Australia would have been a Clean Sweep for them.Some of us thought the same to be fair,but the care factor over here about this tour,would be far less than India’s.

2 - 0 in the 20/20’s and 5 - 0 in the ODI’s.Oh dear,didn’t quite turn out that way did it.One game to go,but we’ve picked up one or 2 points to consider for the Real thing! 8) :twisted:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

India. Complacency and pressure leads to massive choke. :D

Well done Australia. =D> S.Marsh contributes via absence :roll:

Now, back it up in the UAE. :-$