Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin and the Implications

Post by desmondo »

F111 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am
The 25-year-old suffered a kick to the calf in a training drill and looks set to miss between four to five weeks as he recovers.
In a word, f*** IT...I know that`s two words but you get my gist...is he ever going to get a good run at it??? :evil:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

It’s terrible for Joe. What should be his prime years are turning to dust.

Terrible for the team.

I am really not sure what to make of this pre season. Calamity comes to mind.

So many injury concerns and players having interrupted preseasons.

Let’s see if Worsfold can get this team firing. I have a bad feeling though.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Well Joe's Mo starred in today's Captains Picture (instead of Hepp's locks).

As my mum would say, "at least he scrubs up well".
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Unfortunate for Joe, but IMO, a good thing for the team...

They were talking of playing him on restricted minutes before this happened, why?

Either he’s fit or not...if managed minutes, chuck him in the Magoos until he is fit enough to run out a game...
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 pm Well Joe's Mo starred in today's Captains Picture (instead of Hepp's locks).

As my mum would say, "at least he scrubs up well".
Spot on. Never has someone who has achieved so little in an AFL team had so much exposure as a brand icon. He just damn well looks the part and that makes him an instant legend..No one seems to care if he plays or not. Hes always there somewhere.😆
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:27 am
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am
F111 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am
The 25-year-old suffered a kick to the calf in a training drill and looks set to miss between four to five weeks as he recovers.
How does a kick to the calf equate to a 4-5 week injury? What a load of shit.
I suspect they may not be telling us the truth but you absolutely can do that, I missed 2 months with a calf strain after copping an errant kick on it at full stretch. I know a bloke who's calf was ripped off by a kick playing soccer.
Yeah, I copped a kick to the calf once too. Nasty bruise showed up. Same when I copped a vicious Shane Harwood thunderbolt to the thigh...
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Windy_Hill »

Trying my best to not be cynical/skeptical about this latest injury to Joe. Is there a chance his OP has flared again after the JLT series and it’s being kept quiet for the sake of optics?

Was he brought back too early for the JLT? A 5 to 6 week calf injury seems extreme. He described it himself as just a little “nick”.

#fakenews #windyhillflu #tryacupuncture
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 pm Trying my best to not be cynical/skeptical about this latest injury to Joe. Is there a chance his OP has flared again after the JLT series and it’s being kept quiet for the sake of optics?

Was he brought back too early for the JLT? A 5 to 6 week calf injury seems extreme. He described it himself as just a little “nick”.

#fakenews #windyhillflu #tryacupuncture
Well yes considering the description he gave it himself I suspect that too though I see now that the club strongly denies it
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Do I sense a lack of player / injury welfare creeping into the club? We used to get quite a lot of “training” injuries at Windy Hill before the decision to create the Tullamarine complex. Now we’re seeing it all over again...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:43 am Do I sense a lack of player / injury welfare creeping into the club? We used to get quite a lot of “training” injuries at Windy Hill before the decision to create the Tullamarine complex. Now we’re seeing it all over again...
Haha, yes!

How many knees and broken bones were sustained at training at Windy Hill towards the end?? Thanks for reminding me #-o

This doesn’t explain the new facility though. The extra “2% improvement” in player fitness is coming into question!
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Dad says he is staying. StevieJ says he would love him...

Which is more important?

f****** show him some love and send him to Herr Prof Dr FivvxMeUpp in Germany this offseason to demonstrate that we are actually wanting the best for him and willing to spend the dosh on him.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And get a f****** decent fitness group for all players ffs
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:12 pm And get a f****** decent fitness group for all players ffs
What has The Club done in relation to the old group?Given them their marching orders?Still reviewing their performance?What’s happening here?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

The silence from Joe is deafening. Why wouldn't he just come and and say he is staying. I suspect the club is working with him on a long term, vastly improved deal. My tip is an announcement next week - 5 years, 800K pa with performance bonuses.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 pm The silence from Joe is deafening. Why wouldn't he just come and and say he is staying. I suspect the club is working with him on a long term, vastly improved deal. My tip is an announcement next week - 5 years, 800K pa with performance bonuses.
His contract isn’t up for renewal until the end of next year...
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:41 pm
Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 pm The silence from Joe is deafening. Why wouldn't he just come and and say he is staying. I suspect the club is working with him on a long term, vastly improved deal. My tip is an announcement next week - 5 years, 800K pa with performance bonuses.
His contract isn’t up for renewal until the end of next year...
Yep - and what are the implications for Sydney (not to mention the scores of media hacks barracking for him to go north) if he does decide to go?

It will expose Tom Harley's 'innocent catch up over coffee' mid-season and the clear intent to poach a contracted player from a rival club.....

But we all know that they'll be lauded for their acumen and tactics - no doubting that! :roll:
If the shoe was on the other foot - we'd be fined and lose draught picks!

And you can guarantee - Round 1, 2020 - Sydney/Essendon at the SCG [-(
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

If he genuinely wants out and a fresh start, good luck to him.

He’s injury prone, at a club that takes talent and pisses it down the drain. If he gets fit and fires, congrats. But let’s be honest, he won’t save this club or bring a premiership in the near future.

He built up to one good year, but can’t kick straight to save himself..,Trade now, get maximum value and continue without him as we have done for 2 years anyway.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Keep him,trade him?!

That’s something the new Richmond influences(amongst our heartstrings)will have to consider.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Papley has nominated Carlton, and the Barrett led AFL online virtual rag has suggested that a 3 way deal is on the cards...
ESSENDON - Receives: Picks 4 and 8, Loses: Joe Daniher and Pick 29

SYDNEY - Receives: Joe Daniher and Pick 29, Loses: Tom Papley and Pick 4

CARLTON - Receives: Tom Papley, Loses: Pick 8
Interesting...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:23 pm Papley has nominated Carlton, and the Barrett led AFL online virtual rag has suggested that a 3 way deal is on the cards...
ESSENDON - Receives: Picks 4 and 8, Loses: Joe Daniher and Pick 29

SYDNEY - Receives: Joe Daniher and Pick 29, Loses: Tom Papley and Pick 4

CARLTON - Receives: Tom Papley, Loses: Pick 8
Interesting...
Unless we can find a suitable replacement for Daniher, then we are looking at a non existent fwd line. So while I am not against the idea, we would have to get someone like a Jeremy Cameron who on the surface would be an upgrade to Joe....reality is that won't happen. We are better off trading Fantasia for a first round pick and perhaps our two second rounders to GWS for pick 11