I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by MH_Bomber » Sat May 11, 2019 8:16 pm

THAT IS IT.

MY FOLLOWING AND WATCHING OF FOOTBALL IS OVER. I JUST WATCHED THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE SUNS VS MELBOURNE GAME.

JADYN HUNT WAS CAUGHT COLD WITH
ONE OF THE BEST GAME SAVING TACKLES OF ALL TIME. UMPIRE CALLS PLAY ON IN A DECISION THAT GOES DOWN, IN MY 50 YEARS WATCHING FOOTBALL, AS THE WORST DECISION OF ALL TIME. THAT WAS HOLDING THE BALL IN EVERY ERA OF FOOTBALL.

I THEN SAW AT LEAST 10 HOLDING THE BALL DECISIONS AGAINST MELBOURNE SIMPLY IGNORED AND NOT PAID.

THIS IS THE NEW ERA OF NO RULES. FREES THAT HAVE.
ALWAYS BEEN PAID ARE SIMPLY NOT PAID. EXCEPT MAYBE TO THE AFLs PREORDAINED FAVOURITE CLUBS - COLLINGWOOD RICHMOND MELBOURNE GEELONG WEST COAST ADELAIDE!

SO FOOTBALL IS NOW DOWN TO WHO CAN GET AWAY WITH BREAKING THE RULES BEST. AFL IS OFFICIALLY UNWATCHABLE FOR ME WITH THIS SUB STANDARD APPLICATION OF THE RULES. This isn’t a case of ONLY playing only the obvious ones. It is a case of
NOT PAYING BLATANT ‘ALWAYS BEEN THERE’ FREES.

IN THIS NO RULES ERA YOU WILL FIND THE GAME TO BE AN UGLY SPECTACLE AKIN TO RUGBY UNION. I FU-CKING HATE WHAT THESES CU-NTS HAVE DONE TO THE GAME I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED.

OH AND BY THE WAY DON’T BOO. THAT MAKES THE UMPIRES HATE THE NOT LOOKED AFTER CLUBS LIKE US EVEN WORSE.

I CAN ONLY THINK THE ENTIRE OUTCOME OF GAMES and THE SEASON HAS BEEN RIGGED. THERE NEEDS TO BE A ROYAL COMMISSION INTO GAME FIXING AND I AM ENTIRELY SERIOUS.

GOOD BYE.
Regards

MH_Bomber

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15528
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by F111 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Saints fans on the BOO wagon tonight too.

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by s'dreams » Sat May 11, 2019 9:14 pm

I find that it's better to watch footy on radio... (and less expensive).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by grassy1 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Sheet the Blame home for the BULLSHIT to the AWFULL Commission and their Rules Committee,MH!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25799
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by BenDoolan » Sat May 11, 2019 11:15 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:16 pm
THAT IS IT.

MY FOLLOWING AND WATCHING OF FOOTBALL IS OVER. I JUST WATCHED THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE SUNS VS MELBOURNE GAME.

JADYN HUNT WAS CAUGHT COLD WITH
ONE OF THE BEST GAME SAVING TACKLES OF ALL TIME. UMPIRE CALLS PLAY ON IN A DECISION THAT GOES DOWN, IN MY 50 YEARS WATCHING FOOTBALL, AS THE WORST DECISION OF ALL TIME. THAT WAS HOLDING THE BALL IN EVERY ERA OF FOOTBALL.

I THEN SAW AT LEAST 10 HOLDING THE BALL DECISIONS AGAINST MELBOURNE SIMPLY IGNORED AND NOT PAID.

THIS IS THE NEW ERA OF NO RULES. FREES THAT HAVE.
ALWAYS BEEN PAID ARE SIMPLY NOT PAID. EXCEPT MAYBE TO THE AFLs PREORDAINED FAVOURITE CLUBS - COLLINGWOOD RICHMOND MELBOURNE GEELONG WEST COAST ADELAIDE!

SO FOOTBALL IS NOW DOWN TO WHO CAN GET AWAY WITH BREAKING THE RULES BEST. AFL IS OFFICIALLY UNWATCHABLE FOR ME WITH THIS SUB STANDARD APPLICATION OF THE RULES. This isn’t a case of ONLY playing only the obvious ones. It is a case of
NOT PAYING BLATANT ‘ALWAYS BEEN THERE’ FREES.

IN THIS NO RULES ERA YOU WILL FIND THE GAME TO BE AN UGLY SPECTACLE AKIN TO RUGBY UNION. I FU-CKING HATE WHAT THESES CU-NTS HAVE DONE TO THE GAME I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED.

OH AND BY THE WAY DON’T BOO. THAT MAKES THE UMPIRES HATE THE NOT LOOKED AFTER CLUBS LIKE US EVEN WORSE.

I CAN ONLY THINK THE ENTIRE OUTCOME OF GAMES and THE SEASON HAS BEEN RIGGED. THERE NEEDS TO BE A ROYAL COMMISSION INTO GAME FIXING AND I AM ENTIRELY SERIOUS.

GOOD BYE.
Outstanding!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12275
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 am

McLachlan stating that Rampe has no case to answer to for climbing the goal post when the opposition is trying to kick the winner after the siren is just incredible. It’s the rule....apply the rule. It’s like a batsman getting out handling the ball. If the opponent appeals you have no other choice than to give the batsman out.

People say we didn’t deserve to win so it doesn’t matter. Bullshit...you take a win and live to fight another day. McLachlan has adopted that mindset...he’s basically saying you weren’t good enough so get over it. God forbid that SYDNEY gets robbed when crowds and tv ratings are down in the harbor city. And do you think our club officials will do anything about this...no, of course not. Kane Cornes confirmed that we were ripped off on more than one occasion in the Syd game. That’s 2 games where we have lost by under a goal thanks to f****** umpiring decisions

I saw the Melbourne game. f****** disgraceful

If I didn’t love my club so much I would have walked away years ago

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:43 am

So,it’s not the Umpires’ mouthpiece,Paul whatsiname who came out in defence of the Umpires this time.It’s none other than the CEO himself defending the indefensible!

If the Free Kick was there McLachlan,it should have been paid,End of Story!

Haven’t seen you do one this year,Kane Cornes.And going to the WA v SA State Game today,I won’t!

But time for you to deliver,a.......

VOLKANO!!!!!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 12, 2019 5:47 am

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 am
McLachlan stating that Rampe has no case to answer to for climbing the goal post when the opposition is trying to kick the winner after the siren is just incredible. It’s the rule....apply the rule. It’s like a batsman getting out handling the ball. If the opponent appeals you have no other choice than to give the batsman out.

People say we didn’t deserve to win so it doesn’t matter. Bullshit...you take a win and live to fight another day. McLachlan has adopted that mindset...he’s basically saying you weren’t good enough so get over it. God forbid that SYDNEY gets robbed when crowds and tv ratings are down in the harbor city. And do you think our club officials will do anything about this...no, of course not. Kane Cornes confirmed that we were ripped off on more than one occasion in the Syd game. That’s 2 games where we have lost by under a goal thanks to f****** umpiring decisions

I saw the Melbourne game. f****** disgraceful

If I didn’t love my club so much I would have walked away years ago
Gil and the other heavyweights at AFL House got slammed by the umpires, the umpires Coach and the CEO of the AFL Umps Association over the "lack of support" by the AFL for the umps after the ANZAC day game. All MacLauchlan said was along the lines of "the fans are making their feelings on the umpiring clear" and "we should look to see if there was anything of concern".

After that, they aren't game to have a second round. So of course the AFL will say "job well done", while giving the caveat that "it had no influence on the outcome".

(But then again, accidentally entering into the "protected zone" usually has no influence, nor does a player being given a 50 but who decides to veer off course sideways to run into an opponent to milk another 50 ... but the AFL demands those penalties are given).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:55 am

See,all these Squillions of Rules AWFULL give us,means commonsense Umpiring goes out the window.

And AWFULL themselves Flip,Flop on such matters,leaving little room for consistency.

They have created a deadset,bloody circus.Some people might say,we’ve been there for years,others may say,it’s worse! :-&

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4326
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by s'dreams » Sun May 12, 2019 6:11 am

grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:55 am
See,all these Squillions of Rules AWFULL give us,means commonsense Umpiring goes out the window.

And AWFULL themselves Flip,Flop on such matters,leaving little room for consistency.

They have created a deadset,bloody circus.Some people might say,we’ve been there for years,others may say,it’s worse! :-&
As long as TV audiences are growing (still) and attendances hold (or are up with additional seating in Perth and Adelaide), and pollies falling over each other to give millions of $ for venue and/or training facility development (really $20M to Hawthorn???????) ... the Commission will say that Gil and mates are doing a good job.

PS. Carlton, Coll, Richmond, Brisbane and Swans each got $15 mill in the recent Comm budget for "upgrades to their training facilities". We only got $4 mill for Tulla.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15528
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by F111 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 am

What if that non call on Rampe had been an elimination final, a PF or a GF? What might everyone be saying then.

The rule is there, it's black and white. Where does the rule say anything about it wouldn't have made any difference? The umpire should have blown his whistle and called it when he saw it, instead of yelling "get down". The result of the kick shouldn't have any bearing on the misdemeanour.

It was a wrong "lack of" call, no excuses.
:evil:
Last edited by F111 on Mon May 13, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25799
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:47 am
Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 am
McLachlan stating that Rampe has no case to answer to for climbing the goal post when the opposition is trying to kick the winner after the siren is just incredible. It’s the rule....apply the rule. It’s like a batsman getting out handling the ball. If the opponent appeals you have no other choice than to give the batsman out.

People say we didn’t deserve to win so it doesn’t matter. Bullshit...you take a win and live to fight another day. McLachlan has adopted that mindset...he’s basically saying you weren’t good enough so get over it. God forbid that SYDNEY gets robbed when crowds and tv ratings are down in the harbor city. And do you think our club officials will do anything about this...no, of course not. Kane Cornes confirmed that we were ripped off on more than one occasion in the Syd game. That’s 2 games where we have lost by under a goal thanks to f****** umpiring decisions

I saw the Melbourne game. f****** disgraceful

If I didn’t love my club so much I would have walked away years ago
Gil and the other heavyweights at AFL House got slammed by the umpires, the umpires Coach and the CEO of the AFL Umps Association over the "lack of support" by the AFL for the umps after the ANZAC day game. All MacLauchlan said was along the lines of "the fans are making their feelings on the umpiring clear" and "we should look to see if there was anything of concern".

After that, they aren't game to have a second round. So of course the AFL will say "job well done", while giving the caveat that "it had no influence on the outcome".

(But then again, accidentally entering into the "protected zone" usually has no influence, nor does a player being given a 50 but who decides to veer off course sideways to run into an opponent to milk another 50 ... but the AFL demands those penalties are given).
Not to mention if a 19th man steps onto the field, the umpire will blow their whistle and award an automatic free kick to the opposition (if they didn’t have possession) or a 50 metre penalty (if they did have possession). I supposed the “sensible” thing for the umpire to do in that situation, is to walk over to that 19th player and politely ask him to get off and not award anything...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:48 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:11 am
grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:55 am
See,all these Squillions of Rules AWFULL give us,means commonsense Umpiring goes out the window.

And AWFULL themselves Flip,Flop on such matters,leaving little room for consistency.

They have created a deadset,bloody circus.Some people might say,we’ve been there for years,others may say,it’s worse! :-&
As long as TV audiences are growing (still) and attendances hold (or are up with additional seating in Perth and Adelaide), and pollies falling over each other to give millions of $ for venue and/or training facility development (really $20M to Hawthorn???????) ... the Commission will say that Gil and mates are doing a good job.

PS. Carlton, Coll, Richmond, Brisbane and Swans each got $15 mill in the recent Comm budget for "upgrades to their training facilities". We only got $4 mill for Tulla.
They shouldn’t flatter themselves.People just want to get in on the action,without any encouragement from AWFULL.

They still have work to do getting the Theatregoers North Of The Murray,to get more interested and Gold Coast.My guess is they’ll worry less about Brisbane,if they continue to climb the Ladder.Bears and Lions fans will be back on the bandwagon in droves.

One small side note is an unlikely source of trouble,though more likely for the State Government than AWFULL,comes in the form of Perth Stadium.

Oh Dear me,the costs to the place appear to have blown out!Now how could that happen?Who could possibly Profit from such a scenario?

A certain party who cut a Deal wth the WA State Government for Perth Stadium,after threatening to take footy back to Subiaco Oval by any chance? :-"

Not that I expect any hard questions on this from the Dominant Media Empire in WA,7WestMedia! :roll:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:22 pm

I met a likeminded South Australian and SANFL Supporter at the State Game,that Hates the AFL too,MH.

No disrespect my friend,but for different reasons than you! :wink:

User avatar
Gimps
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7846
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: Bumfuck Idaho

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by Gimps » Sun May 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Well said MH.

User avatar
rockhole
Club Captain
Posts: 4839
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 am
Location: La Grange

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by rockhole » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:15 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:16 pm
THAT IS IT.

MY FOLLOWING AND WATCHING OF FOOTBALL IS OVER. I JUST WATCHED THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE SUNS VS MELBOURNE GAME.

JADYN HUNT WAS CAUGHT COLD WITH
ONE OF THE BEST GAME SAVING TACKLES OF ALL TIME. UMPIRE CALLS PLAY ON IN A DECISION THAT GOES DOWN, IN MY 50 YEARS WATCHING FOOTBALL, AS THE WORST DECISION OF ALL TIME. THAT WAS HOLDING THE BALL IN EVERY ERA OF FOOTBALL.

I THEN SAW AT LEAST 10 HOLDING THE BALL DECISIONS AGAINST MELBOURNE SIMPLY IGNORED AND NOT PAID.

THIS IS THE NEW ERA OF NO RULES. FREES THAT HAVE.
ALWAYS BEEN PAID ARE SIMPLY NOT PAID. EXCEPT MAYBE TO THE AFLs PREORDAINED FAVOURITE CLUBS - COLLINGWOOD RICHMOND MELBOURNE GEELONG WEST COAST ADELAIDE!

SO FOOTBALL IS NOW DOWN TO WHO CAN GET AWAY WITH BREAKING THE RULES BEST. AFL IS OFFICIALLY UNWATCHABLE FOR ME WITH THIS SUB STANDARD APPLICATION OF THE RULES. This isn’t a case of ONLY playing only the obvious ones. It is a case of
NOT PAYING BLATANT ‘ALWAYS BEEN THERE’ FREES.

IN THIS NO RULES ERA YOU WILL FIND THE GAME TO BE AN UGLY SPECTACLE AKIN TO RUGBY UNION. I FU-CKING HATE WHAT THESES CU-NTS HAVE DONE TO THE GAME I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED.

OH AND BY THE WAY DON’T BOO. THAT MAKES THE UMPIRES HATE THE NOT LOOKED AFTER CLUBS LIKE US EVEN WORSE.

I CAN ONLY THINK THE ENTIRE OUTCOME OF GAMES and THE SEASON HAS BEEN RIGGED. THERE NEEDS TO BE A ROYAL COMMISSION INTO GAME FIXING AND I AM ENTIRELY SERIOUS.

GOOD BYE.
Outstanding!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Outstanding post MHB.
You put into words exactly how I was thinking. If ever I needed convincing, I am now positive that the AFL is the most corrupt organisation in the country. After how they tried to destroy us after the ASADA fiasco, pulling a few strings to influence the outcome of games would be a walk in the park. Their only commitment is to the holy dollar and any thing that might be detrimental to revenue will be squashed. The interstate teams are sacrosanct and are propped up and protected beyond any sense of a normal competition. Favoured players are also protected as they bring punters through the gate. The rules and tribunal are simply farcical and change almost quarter to quarter. Their role as custodians of the game has been sold to the highest bidder with wall to wall advertising intruding in the game, enticing us to gamble while we are half pissed!! Even the sacred Sherrin is plastered with advertising. I don’t hate the game, I just hate the people that have destroyed it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by mdso » Tue May 14, 2019 3:19 am

The game against Sydney did for me. 69 years I have followed this club, loved this club and fought for this club. What Rampe up the goal post showed me, was the AFL can and do, do whatever they like. Make up rules, change rules, and then don't follow the rules, use the rules against us.
Blatantly now, Gil said there was no case to answer. He didn't even know the rule either which should have awarded Essendon a free kick in front of goal. That 4 points, one way or another has cost us the season because now we know what happens to us in games, the unfair umpiring is no accident.

Stringer pleaded with the umpire, he knew about the rules, while Rampe climbed up the goal post. Rampe was also rude to the umpire and had to be told multiple times to come down. Brain fart be dammed, his sole intention was the touch the footy if it came through the goal post. The umpire didn't know the rule and ignored Stringer. Now, the AFL say, they are going to fine Rampe for climbing up the goal post. This is another scam like fining Melbourne for not tanking. It is clear to me that the AFL are still making us pay for the supplements scandal. They do not even bother to hide their intention. The EFC as a club are piss weak and gutless. We have NO voice. Imagine if this scenario had, have happened to Collingwood. Can you imagine Eddie going ape shit ballistic? At Essendon we just bend over and say, "do it again."

I have decided it is much better for my mental/emotional health to lessen my Essendon activities. I will let my Membership expire and won't
renew it. I will always barrack for Essendon but I have had enough. I have decided to cut off my emotional attachment to the EFC.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by MH_Bomber » Tue May 14, 2019 3:42 am

This post of mine about the non application of rules came after this shocking non call on Rampe. The ensuing stance on ‘common sense’ application of a rule that is black and white just makes me hate The AFL even more if that is possible.

The 2 Ablett decisions and Fyfe decision are just add fuel to the fire. We all know the outcome of these actions had these actions been committed by a Bomber player or player from a non protected club.

If Essendon had any balls whatsoever it would try to take this non application of the rules of the game to a higher court. After all what have we got to lose?
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8442
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by grassy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:24 am

mdso wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:19 am
The game against Sydney did for me. 69 years I have followed this club, loved this club and fought for this club. What Rampe up the goal post showed me, was the AFL can and do, do whatever they like. Make up rules, change rules, and then don't follow the rules, use the rules against us.
Blatantly now, Gil said there was no case to answer. He didn't even know the rule either which should have awarded Essendon a free kick in front of goal. That 4 points, one way or another has cost us the season because now we know what happens to us in games, the unfair umpiring is no accident.

Stringer pleaded with the umpire, he knew about the rules, while Rampe climbed up the goal post. Rampe was also rude to the umpire and had to be told multiple times to come down. Brain fart be dammed, his sole intention was the touch the footy if it came through the goal post. The umpire didn't know the rule and ignored Stringer. Now, the AFL say, they are going to fine Rampe for climbing up the goal post. This is another scam like fining Melbourne for not tanking. It is clear to me that the AFL are still making us pay for the supplements scandal. They do not even bother to hide their intention. The EFC as a club are piss weak and gutless. We have NO voice. Imagine if this scenario had, have happened to Collingwood. Can you imagine Eddie going ape shit ballistic? At Essendon we just bend over and say, "do it again."

I have decided it is much better for my mental/emotional health to lessen my Essendon activities. I will let my Membership expire and won't
renew it. I will always barrack for Essendon but I have had enough. I have decided to cut off my emotional attachment to the EFC.
That sounds fine,but then you might consider,you aren’t hurting AWFULL giving up.You’re hurting your own Club.The point of no return,would be when your Club and/or Competition go to the wall.

If you think you have it bad at Essendon,consider how bad things are my way with the WAFL,the SANFL,the VFA and Tasmania.The Dickheads at AWFULL seem bloodymindedly determined to grind the State League comps into the Dirt,subtly using various AFL Clubs to help them do it!

The smug bastards are clever,because certainly in Western Australia and South Australia,any attack on the administrators there,can be used as an attack on the AFL Clubs there.Any wonder why you perceive at least 4 Clubs West of Nhill,to be AFL Pets?They are pawns in an insidious little game.Many people who follow the WAFL think,the AFL act The way they do,because they consider other comps to be a threat to the one and only comp that matters to them.Sounds Crazy,but I can hardly disagree,given attendances have fallen through the floor,since West Coast and Fremantle barged their way back into the Competition in 2013,with their Bullshit reasons as to why they had to be there.Aided and abetted by a generally compliant Media,nothing’s improving and it almost was the end game for the oldest Club in the WAFL,WEST PERTH!

Some of that was their Fault,but the Venture North to Joondalup clearly didn’t work!My Club has West Coast on it’s doorstep and despite the apparent mutual admiration society working so far,I wouldn’t trust West Coast as far as I could kick them!

My Club,has to make the decision,sooner or later to move grounds for a year or,so the new Members’ Stand can be rebuilt.How things work out for us,in the meantime is anyone’s guess,but I remain ever suspicious about where we might be in a few years time,if our new home ever gets rebuilt!

Playing our Home Games at nearby Perth Stadium is very tempting,but now it seems very expensive!If we end up having to play out in the sticks at Gosnells,whilst waiting to come back home,it would not surprise me,if those AFL Stooges at the WA Football Commission force us to stay there,whilst subtly promising us the World,in reality giving us Bugger all.People find it hard enough to get to Lathlain,despite our great start to the season.They won’t bother going to Gosnells,I’ll give you the score.There’s only so much passion and commitment the diehards will give as well.Travelling down South 9 times a year ain’t part of the bargain though.

So,despite the fact,Essendon are getting the Rough end of the pineapple,it’s Big Enough to ride out the bad times,as it has done many times before.Arseholes in Suits up the end of the Football chain,can only keep on going so long,if people let them,or even they move on.

So easy as it seems for me to say keep your chin up,keep your chins up!If you guys really do own The Club,Change it!Get rid of your Board with a Board That will do better for Essendon,if the current Board does not perform Satisfactorily!There’s Nothing AWFULL can do about that,if we say Enough is Enough!

Put your Board on Notice now,Perform or you are OUT!Many people quitting doesn’t change things and that is exactly what AWFULL want!ZERO opposition from the one group of people that Can Stop them in their Tracks!

South Sydney Stood up to News Limited and the NRL,when they were Unjustly kicked out of a Competition they helped establish!They didn’t give up,they did something about it and despite a few bumps along the way and now(News Limited still haven’t Publicly Apologised and admitted they were wrong to my knowledge),are now a thriving Club,having Won a Premiership and been in contention for a few more,including this year.

Things are Shitty now for Essendon!But Stand up to the AFL and do something about it!

You have something we don’t!Weight of Numbers if you use them right!

By the way,I HATE the AFL Too! :wink:

mdso
Club Captain
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am
Location: Merimbula, Far South Coast of N.SW.

Re: I HATE AFL FOOTBALL....

Post by mdso » Tue May 14, 2019 5:07 am

Thanks Grassy`1.

I get what you are saying but they eventually infiltrate everywhere and take over the opposition. The AFL as an organisation are more bent than an over ripe Queensland banana. They have connections far and wide and "the boys club" have access to inside knowledge and money at their disposal.
You cannot fight them, if you try to do it legally, they will break you emotionally and send you to the wall financially. No one gets them to court, if they have to they'll settle on the steps of the Supreme Court and pay you off with a no talk agreement. Doing that they have no crosses against their name. They call Gillian McLaughlin the negotiator. I call him a cross between a great white shark and a croc, he is an apex predator. Look at what happened to the Hird family that was an absolute disgrace.

The latest stuff with the high ranking AFL employee giving some sexual predator umpire character evidence so he can obtain a permit to work with kids playing footy. Last straw for me. I have plenty of other things I can put my energy into and enjoy.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

Post Reply