The Footy Show is Dead!

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

The Footy Show is Dead!

Post by grassy1 »

Not sure what to think about this,except to say it went downhill years ago.

Plenty of fun,controversy and Sam just being Sam,especially with his M and M’s carry on,A Letter from Wendy,a letter from Frankston,his drooped footy shorts and of course,Street Talk.

Trev with his Comedy was good value,as was Almost Footy Legends.

The Interviews with Jack Dyer,with Lou chiming in,”bring out ya frangers!”Harry Beitzel,The Tiger Brent Crosswell and of course Ted.Ted’s passing although expected,knocked many off their feet and reduced tough blokes to tears.

My Thursday Nights changed with Darts nights,but I got the feeling I wasn’t missing much,which was a great pity really.

Despite all the stuff Eddie copped,sometimes from me,did a great job with the show overall.

I am watching that old video tape I dug out,usually when waiting for the footy season to start.

Whilst I dropped off interest wise,thanks guys for all your time and efforts!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: The Footy Show is Dead!

Post by BenDoolan »

I could take it or leave it. Couldn’t stand the Eddie intro of “AND WHAT A BIG WEEK IT HAS BEEN IN FOOTBALL” Absolute repetitive claptrap.

It was a wankfest of egos - mainly the resident DICK of a journo who would give us that “EXCLUSIVE”. Like WOW.

Sam was the only one worth listening to because he just didn’t give a f***. Street Talk was classic stuff. But even then, I believe that brought their own “nutters” and planted them wherever they went.

Marmalade was good for a short time. One of the best segments they did (but it didn’t last long) was “Old Man Crawf”. That was hilarious. The one with with Paddy Cripps was hilarious.

In the end, I gave up on that show about 2 - 3 years ago. The Front Bar shitted all over it. By a country mile.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,The Front Bar is pretty darn good.For a Channel 7 show,..... :lol:

Again,I don’t see it much due to other committees Thursday Nights.But I wonder how the boys really go with a few pints under their belts? :lol:

What was Wilson going on about Monday night,about someone on The Front Bar trashing the brand?I just snapped out of a nanna nap at that stage.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:30 am Yeah,The Front Bar is pretty darn good.For a Channel 7 show,..... :lol:

Again,I don’t see it much due to other committees Thursday Nights.But I wonder how the boys really go with a few pints under their belts? :lol:

What was Wilson going on about Monday night,about someone on The Front Bar trashing the brand?I just snapped out of a nanna nap at that stage.
Don’t know because I never listen to the witch.

They should axe that show too. It’s all about them. They sit there and judge / criticise others believing it’s their job to do so. Yep, and it’s my job to turn it off.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Fair enough.

But did anyone catch her Arrow Monday gone?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

grassy1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm Fair enough.

But did anyone catch her Arrow Monday gone?
She was going off at Jason Akermanis, not sure why as I missed the very start of it.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Aker,trashed the brand?

What brand?

Ex footy players playing Golf,getting barred from 3 Clubs,brand?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Leading AFL commentator Caroline Wilson has slammed retired star Jason Akermanis over racist comments he made on a TV show last week.

Akermanis appeared on the Channel Seven program The Front Bar on Thursday night, where he was asked about an incident that resulted in his sacking from a radio program in 2005.

At the time Akermanis hosted a show on Brisbane’s 98.9 FM, a station catering to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.

When asked by The Front Bar why he was sacked, Akermanis used a racist term to describe staff at the station.

“Because I tried to get an extra half an hour,” he said.

“I said ‘let’s try and get these monkeys upstairs to change their mind.’

“It’s an Aboriginal station, NIRS (National Indigenous Radio Service), and they took offence to that.”

Speaking on Footy Classified, Wilson was scathing in her criticism of the Brownlow Medallist.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:54 pm Leading AFL commentator Caroline Wilson has slammed retired star Jason Akermanis over racist comments he made on a TV show last week.

Akermanis appeared on the Channel Seven program The Front Bar on Thursday night, where he was asked about an incident that resulted in his sacking from a radio program in 2005.

At the time Akermanis hosted a show on Brisbane’s 98.9 FM, a station catering to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.

When asked by The Front Bar why he was sacked, Akermanis used a racist term to describe staff at the station.

“It’s an Aboriginal station, NIRS (National Indigenous Radio Service), and they took offence to that.”

Speaking on Footy Classified, Wilson was scathing in her criticism of the Brownlow Medallist.
Scathing because he explained why he was sacked in 2005?

Grow up Caro you stupid c***.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:54 pm Leading AFL commentator Caroline Wilson has slammed retired star Jason Akermanis over racist comments he made on a TV show last week.

Thanks for the explanation,nudder!