R13 Essendon v Hawthorn

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

R13 Essendon v Hawthorn

Post by BenDoolan »

OUT: T. Bellchambers, J. Begley, B. McNiece

IN: O. Fantasia, D. Shiel, B. Zerk-Thatcher
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: R13 Essendon v Hawthorn

Post by F111 »

Stringer and Brown might be available too? Unsure how Brown would get a gig though unless Smack misses?

Laverde has started to show a bit. I'd leave him in.

I think I'd leave Begley in, Baguley out, especially if Stringer gets up.

Fanta a def in if ok, maybe Begley out if so?

McNiece out, Shiel in, though not like for like so unsure how that'd work?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

A backline including Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose, BZT and Francis?? Don't think so.
And no ruckman?

Presuming they are fit to play...
IN - Stringer, Fantasia, Shiel & Brown.
OUT - Francis, Begley, Zaharakis & Baguley.

Stringer, Shiel & Fantasia are automatic inclusions.
McKernan only keeps his place as a 2nd Ruck. Even then he's on thin ice as it won't kill us to go without one.
Brown is important to structure - his workrate provides the link between defence and offence.
I'm leaving Zaka out purely so Clarke keeps his spot. Heard Zaka called the human turnstile elsewhere - so appropriate - can't run and opposition players walk right through him. Clarke has much more upside.
Francis misses because there's no room for him in defence and he just isn't a forward, and no room there anyway with Stringer & Brown back in.
I hate dropping Begley, but it's either him or Laverde, and Laverde has done better so far. Just.
And Baguley makes way for Orazio. If Bags stays then Laverde misses.

Plenty around calling for McNiece to miss, but who comes in for him? Lots saying Ridley, but I think Ridley would make the balance too tall in defence.
Gleeson? Maybe, but let's give him a couple more games in VFL. McNiece may be our small equivalent of Ambrose. Doesn't get a lot of it but shuts down an opposition small (Puopolo, Breust?) and allows McKenna & Saad more freedom to make the play. Just a theory - I haven't checked McNiece's stats/performance closely.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

As much as I would love to see Fantasia in, given his injuries I would rather he play managed minutes in the Magoos for at least a couple of weeks and build toward a senior recall.

Shiel and Stringer if fit are walk up starts. Francis has to be there somewhere...

Either for Brown not included or switch Hooker forward so Francis can play down back...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

In - Fantasia, Brown
Out - Begley, Baguely,

I am assuming Shiel and Stringer will be carefully managed and not risked

Begley looks like he needs to find some form in the 2's so Brown in for him to offer some height up front. Baguely the obvious exclusion for a Fanta
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:04 pm In - Fantasia, Brown
Out - Begley, Baguely,

Begley looks like he needs to find some form in the 2's so Brown in for him to offer some height up front. Baguely the obvious exclusion for a Fanta
I think you can count on Shiel being back. Was just a tweak, no strain or tear, and will have had 3 weeks to overcome it.
Fantasia's quad might be a different story.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:31 am OUT: T. Bellchambers, J. Begley, B. McNiece

No ruck?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:09 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:31 am OUT: T. Bellchambers, J. Begley, B. McNiece

No ruck?
Haven’t had one in ages.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:55 pm
Out - Begley, Baguely,

I think you can count on Shiel being back. Was just a tweak, no strain or tear, and will have had 3 weeks to overcome it.

Any word on Raz...they were saying after the bye but has it flared up?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:55 pm
nudder12 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:55 pm
Out - Begley, Baguely,

Any word on Raz...they were saying after the bye but has it flared up?
When did he do a quad? Thought he blew a hammy.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Under the pump: Dylan Clarke was very good against Carlton in his return to the senior side, but coach John Worsfold couldn't guarantee the midfielder a spot against the Hawks with other players returning. Ben McNiece and Mark Baguley are others who could be on the fringe.

Medical room: Essendon is starting to get a better run with injury, and its bye last week came at a good time.

Verdict: Three certain ins if fitness permits means there'll be a couple of unlucky players. Aaron Francis is another who could make way for Stringer after only two kicks against the Blues. Callum Toomey
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 pm
Under the pump: Dylan Clarke was very good against Carlton in his return to the senior side, but coach John Worsfold couldn't guarantee the midfielder a spot against the Hawks with other players returning. Ben McNiece and Mark Baguley are others who could be on the fringe.

Medical room: Essendon is starting to get a better run with injury, and its bye last week came at a good time.

Verdict: Three certain ins if fitness permits means there'll be a couple of unlucky players. Aaron Francis is another who could make way for Stringer after only two kicks against the Blues. Callum Toomey
Hahaha can’t guarantee Dylan Clarke a spot

Meanwhile, McNiece is regarded ahead of him :roll:
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Begley or Bags out if Fanta gets in. Francis needs to play but his place is at risk. McNiece out.

I can see Clarke out, but that would be a damn shame. Unfortunately McNiece isn't competing with Clarke, who is competing with Shiel.

Is Brown ready?
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

You could not drop Clarke - did a job and did it well. I think we need a hard nosed tagger in the team regardless - too often we have left the best mids to go it alone against our mids and see who does the most damage. [-o< [-o< [-o< Clarke to O'Meara would be the option.

Push Zaka out if required - to the wing or to the VFL. We need to see what the next crop can deliver. We could play finals this year, although I am unconvinced, so its too early to be "blooding the kids" but if you send the message to the playing group that a bloke like Clarke is dropped for a player coming back from injury due to the salary difference we are pathetic as a club,
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:05 pm
F111 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Hahaha can’t guarantee Dylan Clarke a spot

Meanwhile, McNiece is regarded ahead of him :roll:
Yeah - we have consistently shown over the past 2 years that we don't need a tagger...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

F111 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 pm Begley or Bags out if Fanta gets in. Francis needs to play but his place is at risk. McNiece out.

I can see Clarke out, but that would be a damn shame. Unfortunately McNiece isn't competing with Clarke, who is competing with Shiel.

Is Brown ready?
Hold your horses - we haven't seen who has managed to injure themselves at training in our high performance facilities this week...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:09 pm Hold your horses - we haven't seen who has managed to injure themselves at training in our high performance facilities this week...
Glass half empty? :wink: :lol:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

If Baguley plays I'd like to see him niggle Cecily ( :lol: )
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

F111 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 pm If Baguley plays I'd like to see him niggle Cecily ( :lol: )
I’d like to see someone go Lockett-on-Caven on that c***.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

TEAM ANNOUNCED:
IN - Fantasia, Stringer, Shiel
OUT - Baguley, McNiece, Francis (all omitted)

B – Patrick Ambrose, Michael Hurley, Andrew McGrath
HB – Conor McKenna, Cale Hooker, Adam Saad
C – Mason Redman, Zach Merrett, Kyle Langford
HF – David Zaharakis, Jayden Laverde, Matt Guelfi
F – Darcy Parish, Shaun McKernan, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
R – Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, Dyson Heppell
Interchange – Orazio Fantasia, Jake Stringer, Dylan Clarke, Josh Begley
Emergencies – Aaron Francis, Mark Baguley, Zac Clarke, Ben McNiece