Fantasia

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Fantasia

Post by s'dreams »

From the EFC Website:
Lively forward Orazio Fantasia had a very quiet night, recording six disposals and one tackle and forced to the wing later in the match.

Worsfold revealed there may have been a reason behind his low numbers, saying Fantasia had been playing under duress.

"It's some soreness that he's had for a while. Trying to get on top of it while he's still holding up, but we'll just assess how he's pulled up after this game," he said.
Umm ... Did't Fantasia just come back from reasonably long injury layoff?

So he has been playing while injured? WTF?

Hasn't Worsfold and the coaching staff learned anything yet? f***
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Fantasia

Post by Windy_Hill »

So what was The excuse for at least 15 other players
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I sort of know what Fantasia was going through. I was certainly watching under duress.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:51 am I sort of know what Fantasia was going through. I was certainly watching under duress.
I had to pinch myself!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 am
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:51 am I sort of know what Fantasia was going through. I was certainly watching under duress.
I had to pinch myself!
:lol:
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I wish some one would pinch the coaches and take them far away.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

What are we doing to our players? Seriously! Is he fit or not? Just did not want to go near a contest. I give up.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:39 am From the EFC Website:
Lively forward Orazio Fantasia had a very quiet night, recording six disposals and one tackle and forced to the wing later in the match.

Worsfold revealed there may have been a reason behind his low numbers, saying Fantasia had been playing under duress.

"It's some soreness that he's had for a while. Trying to get on top of it while he's still holding up, but we'll just assess how he's pulled up after this game," he said.
I'd like to say something about this, but I'm speechless!!!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

It's a tough game and a long season. Many players play with residual soreness.

To think they all go out there feeling 100% crisp and primed every single game is ludicrous.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:36 am It's a tough game and a long season. Many players play with residual soreness.

To think they all go out there feeling 100% crisp and primed every single game is ludicrous.
No, but we don’t want to see them go out there with what appeared to be 5% usefulness.

What the frack was wrong with him?
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Breathlessly and only Just now reported in the Age
2.09pm
Fantasia shock! He's staying a Bomber!

Essendon fans, some good news for you! Orazio Fantasia is remaining a Bomber despite almost all conventional wisdom suggesting he was off to Port Adelaide. Michael Gleeson will have more soon.
The only people who are truly shocked are the Journos.
Though Fanta may have entertained ideas - he had no management in place to negotiate a trade, Adelaide is in a mess and Port aren't willing to trade high enough picks and/or sufficiently desirable players.

Next year more likely.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 pm Breathlessly and only Just now reported in the Age
2.09pm
Fantasia shock! He's staying a Bomber!

Essendon fans, some good news for you! Orazio Fantasia is remaining a Bomber despite almost all conventional wisdom suggesting he was off to Port Adelaide. Michael Gleeson will have more soon.
The only people who are truly shocked are the Journos.
Though Fanta may have entertained ideas - he had no management in place to negotiate a trade, Adelaide is in a mess and Port aren't willing to trade high enough picks and/or sufficiently desirable players.

Next year more likely.
Shock or not, glad he's staying.
He appointed new management a couple of days ago, and they did meet with Port.
The trade might or might not have been good enough, but also maybe Port weren't willing to pay him enough $$ too?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Good news ...if he's injuries are sorted.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Reportedly, Port are annoyed ... really?

From the Age...
Fantasia's new manager Michael Doughty, of TLA, said Fantasia had seriously considered his position and had held preliminary discussions with both Adelaide clubs but primarily with Port Adelaide before making his decision.

Those talks did not reach the point of discussing contract terms or trade options.

Port Adelaide had become frustrated by Thursday, having initially believed the speedy forward would be returning home. They had decided that they would need an answer soon if they were to trade for Fantasia, bearing in mind the need for medical examinations for the oft-injured forward and contract negotiations.

Fantasia had arthroscopic surgery on his knee on Tuesday, which had held up making the decision and informing the club of his plans.
Sources familiar with Fantasia's situation said his contract with Essendon had been heavily front-loaded, with the forward's salary dipping significantly in 2020 and then rising again in 2021 when he would be a restricted free agent – a position that protects Essendon in the event that he exercises his free agency rights.

Fantasia's decision means the Bombers can narrow their focus to dealing with Sydney over Joe Daniher, in what remains the prospective blockbuster trade of the exchange period. The Swans have pick No.5 – which the Dons are certain to make part of their demands – and will have access to Carlton's pick nine, which the Blues have put on the table for Sydney's small forward Tom Papley.
So some of this "issue" is because of a tricky tricky contract payment structure?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

This is fantastic news =D>

Hope a change of internal club environment will be s positive for him (new fitness guru and medical genius).

In a weird way, with him declaring he’s staying, it feels like we’ve just landed a boom recruit.

Now for Joseph Daniher to do the same...
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy Hille wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 pm This is fantastic news =D>

Hope a change of internal club environment will be s positive for him (new fitness guru and medical genius).

In a weird way, with him declaring he’s staying, it feels like we’ve just landed a boom recruit.

Now for Joseph Daniher to do the same...
Message I seem to be getting from boards, media and contacts... It appears that JD would need to do some quick and significant growing up and buckle down if he were to stay on and we were to get value from him.

I would be mightily tempted for just pick 5 and the ruck Sydney snaffled in the mid year draft in return.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:31 pm Reportedly, Port are annoyed ... really?

From the Age...
Fantasia's new manager Michael Doughty, of TLA, said Fantasia had seriously considered his position and had held preliminary discussions with both Adelaide clubs but primarily with Port Adelaide before making his decision.

Those talks did not reach the point of discussing contract terms or trade options.

Port Adelaide had become frustrated by Thursday, having initially believed the speedy forward would be returning home. They had decided that they would need an answer soon if they were to trade for Fantasia, bearing in mind the need for medical examinations for the oft-injured forward and contract negotiations.

Fantasia had arthroscopic surgery on his knee on Tuesday, which had held up making the decision and informing the club of his plans.
Sources familiar with Fantasia's situation said his contract with Essendon had been heavily front-loaded, with the forward's salary dipping significantly in 2020 and then rising again in 2021 when he would be a restricted free agent – a position that protects Essendon in the event that he exercises his free agency rights.

Fantasia's decision means the Bombers can narrow their focus to dealing with Sydney over Joe Daniher, in what remains the prospective blockbuster trade of the exchange period. The Swans have pick No.5 – which the Dons are certain to make part of their demands – and will have access to Carlton's pick nine, which the Blues have put on the table for Sydney's small forward Tom Papley.
So some of this "issue" is because of a tricky tricky contract payment structure?
How’s Koch holding up over this?Frothing at the mouth,the poor thing?! :lol: :twisted:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

From AFL Sliding Doors by Damian Barrett
Essendon
If Orazio wants to change professions ...

then a three-ring circus would be an option. Hope his actual footy ability in the 2020 season can create at least five per cent of the headlines of the past month.

Port Adelaide
If Fantasia thinks the Power is an option for him in the future ...

then he'd best stop thinking that. Won’t be twice getting burnt by the same flame.
What a snide, weasel-faced, buck-toothed insignificant little man is Damian Barrett. How can he keep his job in the AFL playing favorites like that?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 pm From AFL Sliding Doors by Damian Barrett
Essendon
If Orazio wants to change professions ...

then a three-ring circus would be an option. Hope his actual footy ability in the 2020 season can create at least five per cent of the headlines of the past month.

Port Adelaide
If Fantasia thinks the Power is an option for him in the future ...

then he'd best stop thinking that. Won’t be twice getting burnt by the same flame.
What a snide, weasel-faced, buck-toothed insignificant little man is Damian Barrett. How can he keep his job in the AFL playing favorites like that?
Can't argue with your description of him.
But his point about Port not being a future option is based on someone from Port (can't recall who said it) that allegedly said similar yesterday....they weren't happy that Raz did a "backflip" and said they wouldn't consider him in next year's trade period. So really he was just reporting what had been said, not playing favourites.

Speaking of creating headlines....so far I don't think I've read any journalist pointing out that if Joe D does go to Sydney, he'll be under more spotlights and "bubbles" than ever - all because of the situation he himself has created.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He might've been testing the market. The market might've ending up testing him. The market might've kicked his arse!