Our ruck crisis...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Our ruck crisis...

Post by Crazyman »

450k p.a. is a little over, but not unreasonable.
If the aints want to get him, would have to pay overs, but given the injury, he will likely miss at least the 1st 8 rounds or so next year as well...
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Draper was on the verge of being picked to play in firsts, when he hurt his knee.

Ruckman good ones, must be as rare as hen's teeth. A cool one and a half mill you'd be mad not to take it. St Kilda have about as much chance as winning a premiership in the near future as we do. A nice position for the young bloke to be in, I think he is due to be signed up with a contract extension the Bombers too.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Speaking of the Aints,it looks like they also have speculation about whether or not their Coach is getting the Sack as well.

Poor Richo.Looks like The Oven is warming up to cook another Coach! :roll:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Given St Kilda’s history of screwing up trades with Essendon ,I seriously doubt they would roll the dice again. How could a club in its position even contemplate risking that sort of coin on a completely untried prospect coming off a knee reconstruction. Sounds like fake news to me.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 pm Is Ryder a chance to return back to where it all started??

I certainly hope so!
Pass for mine.

Ryder showed glimpses for a season or two after a very slow burn.......
Speaking of burning....the way he left Essendon was hardly his finest moment and still leaves a bad taste.
Was always prone to flick the switch to cruise mode despite his undeniable talent - he is exactly the player we DON'T need!

I could just imagine him and Bellchambers giggling like little school girls about the entitlement bestowed upon them by EFC. Too many and too often my friends - we need a clear out of those characters!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

hop wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 am
BenDoolan wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 pm Is Ryder a chance to return back to where it all started??

I certainly hope so!
Pass for mine.

Ryder showed glimpses for a season or two after a very slow burn.......
Speaking of burning....the way he left Essendon was hardly his finest moment and still leaves a bad taste.
Was always prone to flick the switch to cruise mode despite his undeniable talent - he is exactly the player we DON'T need!

I could just imagine him and Bellchambers giggling like little school girls about the entitlement bestowed upon them by EFC. Too many and too often my friends - we need a clear out of those characters!
Paddy's body is cooked, his missus would have to go into protective custody and I would boo the shithead every time he f****** well touched the ball.

Our ruck crisis is of our own bloody making. We have to bite the bullet and fix it. If that involves moving on our list manager and "star" recruiter - so be it
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

The crisis deepens - TBC has an achilles issue and likely to miss the rest of the season.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:56 pm The crisis deepens - TBC has an achilles issue and likely to miss the rest of the season.
Crisis over.
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 pm
nudder12 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:56 pm The crisis deepens - TBC has an achilles issue and likely to miss the rest of the season.
Crisis over.
hahahahaha :lol:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

And with McKernan playing his best game of the season what are the odds of him also breaking down next week?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:02 pm And with McKernan playing his best game of the season what are the odds of him also breaking down next week?
Don’t worry, Woosha can use Tippa 😂
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Crazyman wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:19 pm
Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:02 pm And with McKernan playing his best game of the season what are the odds of him also breaking down next week?
Don’t worry, Woosha can use Tippa 😂
Why not? It seemed to me that he was the target of most of the (many) high kicks into our forward line.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

“Both Tom and Patrick had scans today, which confirmed the nature of their respective injuries,” Richardson said.

“... and we expect Patrick to return to the field in three to four weeks’ time, while Tom will be pushing to return before the conclusion of the home-and-away season.
Rested for finals footy ;) :lol:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

From the Herald-Sun via BomberBlitz
BRENDON GODDARD

IT’S time to launch operation “Free Jake Stringer” . Because if the Bombers can pull that off, they have what it takes to compete with the top sides for years to come.

I like the nucleus of this Essendon group. And despite some struggles this year, I think the best way for them to get maximum results is by adding another key forward who is going to command a little more respect from the opposition.

Shaun McKernan and Mitch Brown are great role players, but dropping someone such as Jon Patton into the forward line would change the entire dynamic.

That would allow Stringer to take the third-best defender, making him an absolutely brutal match-up for the opposition. With his agility and ability to pinch-hit in the midfield, he can be Essendon’s version of Dustin Martin. With attention focused elsewhere, that would make the club’s elite small forwards Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Orazio Fantasia even more dangerous. The other area that needs to be addressed is finding someone to play that inside midfield role. The Bombers have been searching for this since Jobe Watson’s retirement. Dylan Shiel is a solid clearance player but not a bull who can extract the footy from the tightest contests. The list has a great mix of youth and experience, but is lacking a little in the 22-24 age bracket. Ideally, the inside midfielder would fall in this age range. There is speculation my old teammate Sam Draper has a monster offer on the table to go to St Kilda. He is a ripper kid who works extremely hard, and the Bombers would be disappointed to lose him. But if a club is going to offer that sort of money, there isn’t much the Bombers can do. His departure would leave a big hole in their long-term ruck plans.

Copyright © 2019 News Pty Limited
Patton? Not sure about that. But I understand that we are into Sier as the big bodied extractor (who of course was best mates with someone in the team... forgot who my son told me). Sier will get dropped back when Beams comes back so is under no illusion.

The joyful thing about this is apparently, it enables us to bring back Paddy to "square the ledger"... GAGF!!! We didn't bend over backwards for Crameri so why do it for a cooked body like Ryder!

If we do lose Draper, With the move towards mobile rucks, it would be better to reinvent JD as a Marshall type ruck, if we ever get JD back.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I don't see how we can match the offer for Draper. When you think about it, its an offer almost too good to refuse. O.K. so its St. Kilda and he may not play finals but he can also move clubs again. I'm surprised Hawthorn aren't after him.

We definitely need to look at drafting a ruckman. And I don't mean Patrick Ryder.

I think we also need another zippy midfielder.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

s'dreams wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 pm

If we do lose Draper, With the move towards mobile rucks, it would be better to reinvent JD as a Marshall type ruck, if we ever get JD back.
I think JD could be a great ruck - natural footballer with good skills that would be hard to stop when he drifts forward. Playing ruck would have him more involved in the game. I think the idea of playing him as permanent ruck has serious merit (in my humble opinion :D )
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

mdso wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:41 am I don't see how we can match the offer for Draper. When you think about it, its an offer almost too good to refuse. O.K. so its St. Kilda and he may not play finals but he can also move clubs again. I'm surprised Hawthorn aren't after him.

We definitely need to look at drafting a ruckman. And I don't mean Patrick Ryder.

I think we also need another zippy midfielder.

Hang on...if St Kilda and perhaps Hawthorn are after his signature, why the hell wouldn't we do whatever it takes to keep him. Good enough for them, good enough for us. Unless of course we see Zac Clarke as being a 300 gamer for Essendon.

Give him whatever Belly is on and then put Belly out to pasture
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Bombers hope for Ryder return

By Jake Niall
August 19, 2019 — 8.18pm

Essendon has expressed strong interest in bringing Paddy Ryder back to the Dons, as the out-of-contract ruckman weighs up his future.

Ryder not yet made a decision on his future, but has attracted significant interest from his old club, despite Essendon having signed young ruckman Sam Draper to a four-year deal.

Ryder, who is 32 and has injury issues over the past couple of years, is understood to be seeking a two-year deal, with St Kilda also having shown some interest in Ryder, as the Saints look at options for a ruckman to support Rowan Marshall.

Port have offered Ryder only a one-year contract. The Power would prefer to keep the veteran ruck though Ryder has relinquished much of his rucking duties to former Eagle Scott Lycett, who joined the Power as a free agent at the end of last year and they have young follower Peter Ladhams, too.

A potential return to Essendon by Ryder would be a remarkable turn of events, given the All-Australian ruckman departed the club at the end of 2014 and was traded to Port Adelaide in the middle of the ASADA saga, signing a five-year deal with the Power.

While Ryder and his partner had cited welfare concerns about injection program back in 2014, there is no issue between the Dons and their former player.

Greater Western Sydney is another club in the market for a ruckman, but it seems unlikely that they could afford Ryder. The Giants have been considering Adelaide veteran Sam Jacobs, who is out of contract and has spent several weeks in the SANFL after the Crows preferred younger follower Reilly O'Brien.
Hmmmmmm...... my heart and my head say no

Apart form getting screwed over by Port a second time (he aint a free agent) - do we bring him back on good coin to keep Draper out of the side?

And it's about time that the club invested in another young ruck anyway.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:49 pm
Bombers hope for Ryder return

By Jake Niall
August 19, 2019 — 8.18pm

Essendon has expressed strong interest in bringing Paddy Ryder back to the Dons, as the out-of-contract ruckman weighs up his future.

Ryder not yet made a decision on his future, but has attracted significant interest from his old club, despite Essendon having signed young ruckman Sam Draper to a four-year deal.

Ryder, who is 32 and has injury issues over the past couple of years, is understood to be seeking a two-year deal, with St Kilda also having shown some interest in Ryder, as the Saints look at options for a ruckman to support Rowan Marshall.

Port have offered Ryder only a one-year contract. The Power would prefer to keep the veteran ruck though Ryder has relinquished much of his rucking duties to former Eagle Scott Lycett, who joined the Power as a free agent at the end of last year and they have young follower Peter Ladhams, too.

A potential return to Essendon by Ryder would be a remarkable turn of events, given the All-Australian ruckman departed the club at the end of 2014 and was traded to Port Adelaide in the middle of the ASADA saga, signing a five-year deal with the Power.

While Ryder and his partner had cited welfare concerns about injection program back in 2014, there is no issue between the Dons and their former player.

Greater Western Sydney is another club in the market for a ruckman, but it seems unlikely that they could afford Ryder. The Giants have been considering Adelaide veteran Sam Jacobs, who is out of contract and has spent several weeks in the SANFL after the Crows preferred younger follower Reilly O'Brien.
Hmmmmmm...... my heart and my head say no

Apart form getting screwed over by Port a second time (he aint a free agent) - do we bring him back on good coin to keep Draper out of the side?

And it's about time that the club invested in another young ruck anyway.
The only way I'd see Ryder back here is to take Zac Clarke's place as a backup. And only on a one year deal.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

How does Mrs Ryder feel about where she desires to live these days?

South Australia?Victoria?Queensland?WA maybe?