Essendon Rumour Mill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12282
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:57 am
Powell-Pepper on the radar
has exactly the mongrel our mids lack. But does he have the smarts to become a quality mid. Would toss Fantasia in for him and their second rounder

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Langford spotted doing coffee with Essendon officials.

Have we room for two?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25804
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:54 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm
Langford spotted doing coffee with Essendon officials.

Have we room for two?
Chris? He’d be around 55 years of age!
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25804
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Club about to announce that Woosha will coach next year as a handover to Rutten (taking on more senior duties). Succession plan in place 🔒

Joe Dan more likely GONE 🚽
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:01 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:54 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm
Langford spotted doing coffee with Essendon officials.

Have we room for two?
Chris? He’d be around 55 years of age!
Langford, Langdon ... what's the difference in a couple of letters? :oops: :oops:
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12282
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 pm

I was going to say, if it was Langford having that coffee in a busy Puckle St cafe I would be very surprised. He would never have been able to make his way through heavy traffic.

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by DC2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:56 pm
Club about to announce that Woosha will coach next year as a handover to Rutten (taking on more senior duties). Succession plan in place 🔒

Joe Dan more likely GONE 🚽
why does daniher want to leave?

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25804
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 pm

DC2 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:56 pm
Club about to announce that Woosha will coach next year as a handover to Rutten (taking on more senior duties). Succession plan in place 🔒

Joe Dan more likely GONE 🚽
why does daniher want to leave?
I have absolutely no idea. Never would have thought that any Daniher would actually leave Essendon. They all bleed red & black.

The name Daniher, Watson, Fletcher is just royalty at EFC. It’s got me stumped.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8444
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by grassy1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 am

DC2 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:56 pm
Club about to announce that Woosha will coach next year as a handover to Rutten (taking on more senior duties). Succession plan in place 🔒

Joe Dan more likely GONE 🚽
why does daniher want to leave?
His manager?

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:01 am

I'd be really f****** dark given he is on big big bucks and basically hasn't been able to be on the ground for 2 years... and the club stood by him.

He was kept in the EFC leadership group. He stood in as EFC captain for the 2018 AFL happy snaps.

In the overall scheme of things, he owes us.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8444
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by grassy1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:27 am

....and Joe might be inclined to think the same.

But bending his ear,someone else thinks not,........

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12282
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am

Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am
Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too
Knowing us, we would settle for two late second rounders, and spend them both on half back flankers
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25804
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am
Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too
JD is on 666K

We will lose on this deal big time. You cannot replace a key position player of his calibre with 2 draft picks. If you take two midfielders with those picks, who are they going to kick to? If you get a KP forward with one of those picks, you will have to wait around 5 years for them to mature. f*** that.

You would need to recruit in a player of equal ability in this trade to not lose out.

I can’t see it happening.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12282
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:23 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am
Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too
JD is on 666K

We will lose on this deal big time. You cannot replace a key position player of his calibre with 2 draft picks. If you take two midfielders with those picks, who are they going to kick to? If you get a KP forward with one of those picks, you will have to wait around 5 years for them to mature. f*** that.

You would need to recruit in a player of equal ability in this trade to not lose out.

I can’t see it happening.
Hypothetically, if you then secure Jeremy Cameron with those 2 draft picks, would you be in favour of the deal?

Then trade Fantasia and Laverde for a gun mid?

Then trade our current two second round picks to GWS for their pick 11 then grab a young gun in the draft?

Hypothetically, would that not improve our list? If the answer is yes, then as a club we must be looking at these outcomes. Of course if Daniher goes no where then let's hope he can be the player he has often teased that he can be

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Reports in the rAge that we are trying to get Solly back to the club as assistant coach.

Dunno why he would want to given he is yearning for the top job, and its locked up here for the next 4 years.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:12 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am
Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too
JD is on 666K

We will lose on this deal big time. You cannot replace a key position player of his calibre with 2 draft picks. If you take two midfielders with those picks, who are they going to kick to? If you get a KP forward with one of those picks, you will have to wait around 5 years for them to mature. f*** that.

You would need to recruit in a player of equal ability in this trade to not lose out.

I can’t see it happening.
Could be why they haven't shunted Stewart off yet. Could Francis make it as a forward?

And whatever happened to those Plugger types, you know the 6'2-4"" guys who carried 18 stone but couldn't be shoved aside and kicked beautifully for 100 goals a year.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2112
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by nudder12 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:57 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am
Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too
JD is on 666K

We will lose on this deal big time. You cannot replace a key position player of his calibre with 2 draft picks. If you take two midfielders with those picks, who are they going to kick to? If you get a KP forward with one of those picks, you will have to wait around 5 years for them to mature. f*** that.

You would need to recruit in a player of equal ability in this trade to not lose out.

I can’t see it happening.
BINGO! Agree with this, as I said elsewhere on this forum. It would be OK if we got Cameron, but that ain't gonna happen.

DC2
High Draft Pick
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by DC2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:23 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am
Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too
JD is on 666K

We will lose on this deal big time. You cannot replace a key position player of his calibre with 2 draft picks. If you take two midfielders with those picks, who are they going to kick to? If you get a KP forward with one of those picks, you will have to wait around 5 years for them to mature. f*** that.

You would need to recruit in a player of equal ability in this trade to not lose out.

I can’t see it happening.
Hypothetically, if you then secure Jeremy Cameron with those 2 draft picks, would you be in favour of the deal?

Then trade Fantasia and Laverde for a gun mid?

Then trade our current two second round picks to GWS for their pick 11 then grab a young gun in the draft?

Hypothetically, would that not improve our list? If the answer is yes, then as a club we must be looking at these outcomes. Of course if Daniher goes no where then let's hope he can be the player he has often teased that he can be
why on earth would gws want to trade cameron for? makes no sense unless he wants to play for a vic based team. he seems happy at gws.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12282
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:30 pm

DC2 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:23 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am
Frankly I am indifferent re Joe.

We will land 2 draft picks in the top 10 and free up 750K in the salary cap for a juicy Free Agent

in the long run we will be better for it

on the other hand if we keep him and he has a stellar career...that's ok too
JD is on 666K

We will lose on this deal big time. You cannot replace a key position player of his calibre with 2 draft picks. If you take two midfielders with those picks, who are they going to kick to? If you get a KP forward with one of those picks, you will have to wait around 5 years for them to mature. f*** that.

You would need to recruit in a player of equal ability in this trade to not lose out.

I can’t see it happening.
Hypothetically, if you then secure Jeremy Cameron with those 2 draft picks, would you be in favour of the deal?

Then trade Fantasia and Laverde for a gun mid?

Then trade our current two second round picks to GWS for their pick 11 then grab a young gun in the draft?

Hypothetically, would that not improve our list? If the answer is yes, then as a club we must be looking at these outcomes. Of course if Daniher goes no where then let's hope he can be the player he has often teased that he can be
why on earth would gws want to trade cameron for? makes no sense unless he wants to play for a vic based team. he seems happy at gws.
because he has reportedly indicated a desire to play for a big Melb club...how badly he wants that is up in the air. Great mates with Dev Smith apparently.

Post Reply