Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Club Captain

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:23 pm Papley has nominated Carlton, and the Barrett led AFL online virtual rag has suggested that a 3 way deal is on the cards...
ESSENDON - Receives: Picks 4 and 8, Loses: Joe Daniher and Pick 29

SYDNEY - Receives: Joe Daniher and Pick 29, Loses: Tom Papley and Pick 4

CARLTON - Receives: Tom Papley, Loses: Pick 8
Interesting...
That deal was raised about 3 weeks ago. Draft order has changed since then too.
In the meantime....doesn't look like any chance of Cameron leaving GWS, and Daniher looks more likely to stay at Essendon anyway.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

We would be absolutely laughing to get 2 x top 10 picks for JD. Can’t see it happening as I doubt our trade officials could deliver something this tasty.
I’d much rather see JD excel elsewhere and be compensated than take the risk of another wasted year with us not getting his body right.
If we could get Patton on the park, he would be a strong target up front for our smalls to crumb
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

bpdons wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:49 pm We would be absolutely laughing to get 2 x top 10 picks for JD. Can’t see it happening as I doubt our trade officials could deliver something this tasty.
I’d much rather see JD excel elsewhere and be compensated than take the risk of another wasted year with us not getting his body right.
If we could get Patton on the park, he would be a strong target up front for our smalls to crumb
Patton committed to Hawthorn this morning - they'll get the deal done.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

bpdons wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:49 pm
lol, your concerned about daniher not getting his body right, but the next sentence youre talking about patton playing forward for us? :-k

btw, has anyones career ever been ended by OP? i dont think it has.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

hop wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:56 pm
bpdons wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:49 pm We would be absolutely laughing to get 2 x top 10 picks for JD. Can’t see it happening as I doubt our trade officials could deliver something this tasty.
Patton committed to Hawthorn this morning - they'll get the deal done.
Yeah, they'll get it done for pick 47 and Roughead - bastards
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

DC2 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:59 pm
lol, your concerned about daniher not getting his body right, but the next sentence youre talking about patton playing forward for us? :-k

Darcy Daniher 👍🏼

I shit you not.
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Darcy Daniher 👍🏼

I shit you not.
damn, just googled that. unbelieveable.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

DC2 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:00 am
BenDoolan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Darcy Daniher 👍🏼

I shit you not.
damn, just googled that. unbelieveable.

heres the article i read. hard to believe he was in the same draft class as hooker, tayte pears and myers.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 2314f4e0af
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

If I was a betting man, you would have to think it is now odds in that Joe will seek a transfer and increasingly likely that Fantasia will do the same.

The good news is we made the finals this year with a 12-10 record without either making any serious contribution.

The bad news is that we lose potentially 100 goals a season if both players are fit and firing. That's nearly 5 goals a game that now need to be found from other avenues. If possible, that would also represent on average nearly 5 goals better return per game than what we achieved this year. But from where do this goals come? Let's say Stringer improves his output to 40 goals and Walla to 35. That gives us an additional 15 to 20 goals a year. However, I can't imagine either McKernan or Brown doubling their output to give us an additional 40 goals combined. Another way of looking at is to assume that a fit and firing Joe and Raz would only gain us a net additional goal tally of around 60 if we assume that McKernan and Brown were to continue their current output. So in that case, the shortfall will be greatly reduced in the event Stringer and Walla do in fact find another 20 goals as suggested above.

We can't assume Stewart is the answer and in any case his selection would be at the cost of either Brown or McKernan. Perhaps we can extract a further 20 goals from our mids who are well below league average for scoring. I doubt it.

So if both Raz and Jd leave, our already non functioning forward line has no hope of improving unless we go and get another couple of gun forwards.

For this reason, we need to aggressively target J Cameron either this year or as a minimum, next year. We should also be targeting Martin from GCS as a like for like replacement for Raz.

As such, our interest in players like Howard and Langdon defies logic as neither will improve our goal scoring deficiencies. However, knowing Dodoro's taste for slow half back flankers, expect the worse.

If we lose both Daniher and FAntasia, we may very well end up with 2 perhaps 3 first round picks to go with our pair of second rounders. It is imperative that we use these picks wisely to reshap the list for when Rutten takes the reigns
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Shiel and Heppell kicking straighter, Laverde and Begley too. How many extra goals there if they all kicked half the points they scored as goals?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache and Jetstar ticket to Sydney

Post by s'dreams »

Joe Daniher tells Essendon he wants to be traded to Sydney

By Jake Niall
October 5, 2019 — 2.51pm

Essendon star Joe Daniher has informed the Bombers that he wishes to be traded to the Sydney Swans.

Daniher, who has played for seven years at Essendon, has told the Dons that he wants a trade to the Swans for lifestyle reasons. He wishes to live in Sydney.

He informed the club of his decision in the past couple of days. Essendon, however, will play hard-ball on a trade and wants him to remain with them in 2020.

Daniher is contracted for next year only when he will be a restricted free agent. Sydney have pick five in the national draft which is all but certain to be on offer to Essendon in exchange for Daniher, who was eligible to join either Essendon or the Swans as a father-son recruit.

More to come
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I must say I am terribly disappointed with this whole loosing Joe thing.

It’s like a lot of time and money was invested in the guy and we haven’t seen the reward. I can’t see him being magically out of the limelight if he goes up there.

We need to play extreme hard ball with what we get in return.

We should ask for McCartin Or Heaney or two 1st round draft picks.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 pm I must say I am terribly disappointed with this whole loosing Joe thing.

It’s like a lot of time and money was invested in the guy and we haven’t seen the reward. I can’t see him being magically out of the limelight if he goes up there.

We need to play extreme hard ball with what we get in return.

We should ask for McCartin Or Heaney or two 1st round draft picks.
Definitely trade for Papley and something else from them. Papley wants to come to Victoria and he doesn’t care where he plays. We’d be absolutely bonkers if we don’t nab him (considering Razz is on the way out too).
Essendunny
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Careful the Door doesn't hit you and injure your groin on the way Out...
So much Invested...
Traitor... :evil:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

sounds like thw club will play hard ball based on the official statement....as they should.

For those who remember how the Daniher family became associated with Essendon, look whst happened the last time they nicked a much loved Bomber back in 78. They got Neville Fields and tossed us a couple of young brothers who at the time were nothing but promising.

Both went on to be club captains

We now have to do the same...turn this mess into a turning point for our club.

Joe has actually done for us what the club has for so long been too gutless to do....exploit a players trade value while it is still relevant. In losing Daniher we say goodbye to a great player for sure. But a player who in 7 seasons has only reached his true potential once and elsewhere has been the source of major frustration. If we trade aggressively and smartly, this frustration could quickly become a thing of the past.

Good luck Joey...lets hope this trade request becomes your best ever performance in an Essendon jumper
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

As far as I'm concerned let the game begin. And good luck to the Swans getting both his body and his head in the same place at once. We never could and I was f***** dreading another year of uncertainty and disappointment like the last two. Now let's work our asses off to make the best possible deal and arrivederci Joey forever.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Would settle for Papely AND Sydney`s pick 25... we don`t get Papely then we should have their pick 5...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

desmondo wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:48 pm Would settle for Papely AND Sydney`s pick 25... we don`t get Papely then we should have their pick 5...
That may indeed be the settling position but it sure as hell wont be the opening gambit.

Picks 5 and 9 please.

Then, at a push, 5 and Papley and we will toss them back pick 31

Then if that doesnt work, Papley and 25

We all know Joe is a risk for Sydney given his injuries but that doesn't change the fact that Joe is a marquee player and one of only a half dozen players in the comp who can do what he does. Shiel was one of 50 above average midfielders in the AFL with similar attributes and he set us back 2 first round picks. One of 50 demands 2 first rounders - surely one of six gets the same

Joe's availability is a once every 3 year opportunity for another club to get an elite potential KPF.

If you look at the last decade only Buddy, Lynch, Kennedy represent similar player - ie Key position forward capable of kicking 60 plus goals

Buddy cost Sydney $10M (in reality it is more per annum as Buddy will not be able to play out his full contract yet the Swans were still prepared to "wear" that cost), but was a Free Agent so Hawthorn only received a first round compensation pick (19)

Lynch was also a restricted free agent and GCS chose not to match Richmonds offer but still received Pick 3 as compensation - Lynch will cost Richmond around $1 million a year for 7 years

Kennedy was a contracted Carlton player - had played only 22 games and so was not the Marquee name that Lynch and Buddy represented. When the Chris Judd deal came around - West Coast wanted picks 1 & 3 for Judd which Carlton refused. Instead the Eagles settled for Picks 3, 20 and Kennedy for Judd. The difference here of course is Judd was the player at the centre of the deal and arguably the best player in the competition at the time. Nevertheless the loss of Kennedy may prove to be one of the biggest mistakes Carlton has made in its dodgey trading history. However, the clear point here is that Carlton were prepared to let go one of their most promising KPP's for years which proved to be the icing on the cake for the Eagles. While different players, Daniher is a rare commodity. A potential match winner with 7 years of football in him. Clearly he has passed any doubts about his medical as Sydney would have done substantial due diligence into his fitness before both clubs agreed to make today's announcement - dont doubt for a minute that behind the scenes, Ess and Syd have been shaping a suitable deal.

Daniher is NOT a Free Agent today and so if Sydney want to wait a year, Daniher will be come a RESTRICTED Free Agent and as such, Essendon can and putting aside Daniher's wishes, could match the Sydney offer to retain the player. There is also the risk that if Sydney dont strike now, Daniher may have a change of heart and renew his contract at the Bombers

Given this, anything less than 2 first round picks would be daylight robbery.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

And there is the exclamation point on the worst decade in the clubs history. Losing a player that’s family is Essendon royalty. What a joke this once great club has become.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BERT wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:58 pm And there is the exclamation point on the worst decade in the clubs history. Losing a player that’s family is Essendon royalty. What a joke this once great club has become.
Yeah well, like father like son?