Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Post Reply
User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Windy Hille » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:08 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:09 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:25 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 pm
I think this bagging of Joe is bloody ordinary. Dead set rotten.

Whatever his reason, he’s been a great contributor for the club. He’s played over 100 games so his cast off can walk into the club.

We’ll get something decent for him, no question.

But pull yer heads in ffs :evil:
FFS YOURSELF

no one is bagging the guy and I could say a lot more about Joe than is public knowledge. I wont as that is his business. But dont you think every Essendon supporter has a right to be a little pissed off with the bullshit reason being floated around as to why he is leaving. After all I and other members who contribute financially to the club deserve honest explanation from the club and player. Joe Daniher is our marquee player and is now wanting to leave. If that doesnt raise alarm bells what will.

Mate your habit of being quaintly contrary to any criticsm is becoming f****** boring
Hahahaha...contrary...is your annual ponderings of trades that always includes Joe Daniher in your lust for better picks or nabbing an elite mid. Then when he wants to leave and we have an opportunity to get "better picks" or get "an elite mid", you go off about why "a marquee player wants to leave" and it should "ring alarm bells", and that we "deserve an honest explanation" because you "contribute financially to the club".
Of course a Marquee playing wanting to leave the club is alarming - are you f****** stupid? You do know there is a difference between the club looking to cash in on the right trade and a star playing asking to be traded??? You do dont you?? Nah, didn't think so. But if he is going to leave then of course you want to leverage that into a decent return on the trade. Again I ask, are you f****** stupid???
What a petulant and immature response. Must say...true to form. I can't even figure out what you're trying to say. I think (although with little confidence), that you're admitting to being confused about your thoughts on the trade - given you being upset at JD's gall to ask to be traded and that you think it would be good if he went and got good picks etc.
Now I could go on and on about your hypocrisies, but that would be boring.
Go for it.

And in the meantime I will simply ask, are you f****** stupid??
You lack the intelligence to present a thoughtful discussion. Maybe when you grow up, we can have one.
So let me understand your views...it's ok to suggest getting rid of JD to gain better picks or players, but it's not ok for JD to explore another club that will give us opportunities to get top picks or better players?
What the f*** are you talking about????? So clearly you dont understand - no surprises there!! Yes its ok to suggest trading any player if the return improves the list - are you f****** stupid???? And please quote me verbatim when I said its "not ok to explore another club that will give us opportunities to get top picks or better players?
Again you display the contrary thoughts of your own mutterings. You need to read over your own material, and then, you may even realise it yourself.
Disgrace.
f****** Stupid

Come back when you have something of worth to contribute.
Well, I'm here. Not sure what you have contributed yourself exactly. May I suggest that you take a tablet to settle the 'ticks'. It's clear you struggle with your own postulations and suppositionings. It's a strange trait you have.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 8469
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by grassy1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 pm

I feel like 12th Man’s Rabs Warren,sitting between Fatty and Sterlo with you 2.

“ Turn it up you 2!We’ll try and introduce some sanity into proceedings here!”

“Well it’s a pretty dopey thing to say,Ray!

“Aw turn it up!”

“Turn it up!”

“ Turn it up!”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7072
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Crazyman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:29 pm
Crazyman wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:12 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 pm
I think this bagging of Joe is bloody ordinary. Dead set rotten.

Whatever his reason, he’s been a great contributor for the club. He’s played over 100 games so his cast off can walk into the club.

We’ll get something decent for him, no question.

But pull yer heads in ffs :evil:
Not bagging him or questioning his undoubted talent and potential.

Great contributor? How? Had one very good season, since then injured, playing injured and a liability.

Yes we get something decent, but surely if he is worth that much you’d rather keep him?

There is logic, there is reasoning and there is you 🤪
1 x AA
1 x Crichton Medal (+ 1 runner up)
1 x Anzac Day Medal
4 x Leading Goal Kicker

I'd say he's been a great contributor taking into consideration that his first 50 games would be a developing period. Compare his stats to say a Jonathan Brown at the same stage of his career, JD is well ahead.

Some people amaze me with their underestimation of this bloke.
How many goals in 3 of those leadin kicker awards?
AA and Crighton in the one good year
Anzac Day = 1 good game against pies.

Your optimism is borderline delusion mate.
Take off those red and black glasses and see what really is.

Wally
Top Up Player
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:33 pm
Location: Darwin

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Wally » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm

I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?

User avatar
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Daisy..1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Wally wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm
I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Exactly the same with him in it.....SHITE!
Image

User avatar
MH_Bomber
Club Captain
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by MH_Bomber » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm

MASON !
Regards

MH_Bomber

desmondo
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by desmondo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Wally wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm
I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Haven`t you been watching the last two seaons? :roll:

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Crazyman wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:29 pm
Crazyman wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:12 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 pm
I think this bagging of Joe is bloody ordinary. Dead set rotten.

Whatever his reason, he’s been a great contributor for the club. He’s played over 100 games so his cast off can walk into the club.

We’ll get something decent for him, no question.

But pull yer heads in ffs :evil:
Not bagging him or questioning his undoubted talent and potential.

Great contributor? How? Had one very good season, since then injured, playing injured and a liability.

Yes we get something decent, but surely if he is worth that much you’d rather keep him?

There is logic, there is reasoning and there is you 🤪
1 x AA
1 x Crichton Medal (+ 1 runner up)
1 x Anzac Day Medal
4 x Leading Goal Kicker

I'd say he's been a great contributor taking into consideration that his first 50 games would be a developing period. Compare his stats to say a Jonathan Brown at the same stage of his career, JD is well ahead.

Some people amaze me with their underestimation of this bloke.
How many goals in 3 of those leadin kicker awards?
AA and Crighton in the one good year
Anzac Day = 1 good game against pies.

Your optimism is borderline delusion mate.
Take off those red and black glasses and see what really is.
Oh I see!

So the Jonathan Brown comparison makes no sense to you? I read somewhere that JD is actually ahead of TD at the same stage of their careers. And we all know how good TD was as a player. I’m prepared to provide stats and achievements to back up my point of view. You’re just prepared to throw a comment around because that’s just what you think.

So I suppose he’s been such an ordinary performer and a liability in your eyes, you must think he is only worth a 2nd rounder at best? Is that right?? Or do you expect us to get 2 first rounders for someone so lacklustre?

Wally
Top Up Player
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:33 pm
Location: Darwin

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Wally » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 pm

desmondo wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm
Wally wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm
I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Haven`t you been watching the last two seaons? :roll:
Pretty much what I was getting at. The only thing we have been holding onto was that JD would be back in there at some stage.

I’d rather off load half the list and start again than go into another season with Brown and McKernan as the main targets.

Rover99
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Rover99 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Wally wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 pm
desmondo wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm
Wally wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm
I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Haven`t you been watching the last two seaons? :roll:
Pretty much what I was getting at. The only thing we have been holding onto was that JD would be back in there at some stage.

I’d rather off load half the list and start again than go into another season with Brown and McKernan as the main targets.
Exactly what I'm thinking. It's impossible to build a consistent and potent fwd line with this pair as its foundation. Basically Brown is vulnerable to any backline that bothers to target him and McKernan is firing less than half the time these days. Thanks for your good service at a time of dire need boys but that's it.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25836
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Daisy..1 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Wally wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm
I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Exactly the same with him in it.....SHITE!
You crack me up lady :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7072
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Crazyman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:20 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:31 pm
Crazyman wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:29 pm
Crazyman wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:12 pm
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 pm
I think this bagging of Joe is bloody ordinary. Dead set rotten.

Whatever his reason, he’s been a great contributor for the club. He’s played over 100 games so his cast off can walk into the club.

We’ll get something decent for him, no question.

But pull yer heads in ffs :evil:
Not bagging him or questioning his undoubted talent and potential.

Great contributor? How? Had one very good season, since then injured, playing injured and a liability.

Yes we get something decent, but surely if he is worth that much you’d rather keep him?

There is logic, there is reasoning and there is you 🤪
1 x AA
1 x Crichton Medal (+ 1 runner up)
1 x Anzac Day Medal
4 x Leading Goal Kicker

I'd say he's been a great contributor taking into consideration that his first 50 games would be a developing period. Compare his stats to say a Jonathan Brown at the same stage of his career, JD is well ahead.

Some people amaze me with their underestimation of this bloke.
How many goals in 3 of those leadin kicker awards?
AA and Crighton in the one good year
Anzac Day = 1 good game against pies.

Your optimism is borderline delusion mate.
Take off those red and black glasses and see what really is.
Oh I see!

So the Jonathan Brown comparison makes no sense to you? I read somewhere that JD is actually ahead of TD at the same stage of their careers. And we all know how good TD was as a player. I’m prepared to provide stats and achievements to back up my point of view. You’re just prepared to throw a comment around because that’s just what you think.

So I suppose he’s been such an ordinary performer and a liability in your eyes, you must think he is only worth a 2nd rounder at best? Is that right?? Or do you expect us to get 2 first rounders for someone so lacklustre?
He ain’t no TD or Brown.
As for stats, he cracked 50 once, 40 once. Averages less than 2 goals a game and in the last 2 years we played worse with him in than out.

Maybe that is more a team thing than a JD thing, but he was rubbish when he did get on the park in the last 2 years.

As for return, I think a first & second round would be what he is worth tbh, but he is contracted this year so Swans likely have to pay overs to get him out. If not, he is s chance to walk next year for f*** all and we are left at the mercy of the AFL who will likely f*** us over and give us an end of 2nd round pick which will be low 40’s with suns priority bullshit...

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 12321
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Windy_Hill » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm

Windy Hille

I am waiting for you to highlight my hypocrisies and contrary statements.

User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Windy Hille » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Windy Hille

I am waiting for you to highlight my hypocrisies and contrary statements.
Hello Mr Contrary
Windy_Hill wrote:
no one is bagging the guy
But...
Windy_Hill wrote:
But dont you think every Essendon supporter has a right to be a little pissed off with the bullshit reason being floated around as to why he is leaving.
And...
Windy_Hill wrote:
I'm hearing he is on the piss all the time...not good for an elite athlete undergoing comprehensive rehabilitation.
Plus...
Windy_Hill wrote:
Good luck Joey...lets hope this trade request becomes your best ever performance in an Essendon jumper
All this while contemplating trading him away for better options / picks. Because he seeks a trade, you disrespect him and diss him.

The mind boggles.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25836
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 am

Some interesting callers recently regarding JD and Razz.

One caller said “we’ll be right, we have James Stewart coming back and Irving Mosquito on the list”.

Hmmmmmm :-k

Then there was one this morning who was very critical of the fact that both JD and Razz were in the leadership group and here they are wanting out. That’s not leadership, and I tend to agree. Especially when it caused a bit of angst amongst more senior players. If they both end up staying, then they should be stripped of any leadership role.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by nudder12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 am
Some interesting callers recently regarding JD and Razz.

One caller said “we’ll be right, we have James Stewart coming back and Irving Mosquito on the list”.

Hmmmmmm :-k

Then there was one this morning who was very critical of the fact that both JD and Razz were in the leadership group and here they are wanting out. That’s not leadership, and I tend to agree. Especially when it caused a bit of angst amongst more senior players. If they both end up staying, then they should be stripped of any leadership role.
Dunno that Stewart & Mosquito will be our saviours if Joe & Raz leave.

Not sure about the Leadership thing. If you're a good player, had a few years at the club, and have respect/leadership of the group, does that mean you can't ever leave? At least Joe announced his intentions, but Raz.....yeah, that's just poor form with him saying nothing and leaving everyone hanging. That for sure aint leadership.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25836
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:43 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 am
Some interesting callers recently regarding JD and Razz.

One caller said “we’ll be right, we have James Stewart coming back and Irving Mosquito on the list”.

Hmmmmmm :-k

Then there was one this morning who was very critical of the fact that both JD and Razz were in the leadership group and here they are wanting out. That’s not leadership, and I tend to agree. Especially when it caused a bit of angst amongst more senior players. If they both end up staying, then they should be stripped of any leadership role.
Dunno that Stewart & Mosquito will be our saviours if Joe & Raz leave.

Not sure about the Leadership thing. If you're a good player, had a few years at the club, and have respect/leadership of the group, does that mean you can't ever leave? At least Joe announced his intentions, but Raz.....yeah, that's just poor form with him saying nothing and leaving everyone hanging. That for sure aint leadership.
I’ve totally forgotten what James Stewart looks like or even plays like. And Irving “Buzz” Mosquito will take a few years to mature.

Good to hear Razzamatazz is staying.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by s'dreams » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm
MASON !
Fletcher?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25836
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm
MASON !
Fletcher?
Haha :lol:

Where the hell is he by the way?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by s'dreams » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:45 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23 pm
s'dreams wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm
MH_Bomber wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm
MASON !
Fletcher?
Haha :lol:

Where the hell is he by the way?
Been playing as one of the Over 18's in the Calder Cannons (14 games in 2019), but has not been tearing up the track. Has averages much along the lines of his 17 year old (10 games in 2017) than when he played well as an 18 year old (4 games before breaking down).

Averaging 9.6 disposals and 3.6 marks a game this year. https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/mason-fletcher/
Cannons had a crap year so the ball was in defense a lot, but strangely he seemed to be played forward a lot this year (kicked 16 goals with a biggest bag of 4) and was only named in the best once.

Doubt he would get a senior spot unless he does well at the testing camp (I can't bring myself to say combine with out thinking of harvesters and Massey-Ferguson's). May get a rookie spot (assuming that Draper and Mynott get elevated, Jok retained or variations thereof). Cannot see F/S needing to be invoked.
Should walk into VFL side.

Another to watch out for is Josh Misiti who is also with the Canons (17 year old ineligible for draft - only played 2 games) https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/josh-misiti/
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

Post Reply