Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: Joe Daniher's Groin, Calf, Moustache, Little Pinky

Post by Windy Hille »

Windy_Hill wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:08 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:09 pm
Windy_Hill wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:25 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 pm I think this bagging of Joe is bloody ordinary. Dead set rotten.

Whatever his reason, he’s been a great contributor for the club. He’s played over 100 games so his cast off can walk into the club.

We’ll get something decent for him, no question.

But pull yer heads in ffs :evil:
FFS YOURSELF

no one is bagging the guy and I could say a lot more about Joe than is public knowledge. I wont as that is his business. But dont you think every Essendon supporter has a right to be a little pissed off with the bullshit reason being floated around as to why he is leaving. After all I and other members who contribute financially to the club deserve honest explanation from the club and player. Joe Daniher is our marquee player and is now wanting to leave. If that doesnt raise alarm bells what will.

Mate your habit of being quaintly contrary to any criticsm is becoming f****** boring
Hahahaha...contrary...is your annual ponderings of trades that always includes Joe Daniher in your lust for better picks or nabbing an elite mid. Then when he wants to leave and we have an opportunity to get "better picks" or get "an elite mid", you go off about why "a marquee player wants to leave" and it should "ring alarm bells", and that we "deserve an honest explanation" because you "contribute financially to the club".
Of course a Marquee playing wanting to leave the club is alarming - are you f****** stupid? You do know there is a difference between the club looking to cash in on the right trade and a star playing asking to be traded??? You do dont you?? Nah, didn't think so. But if he is going to leave then of course you want to leverage that into a decent return on the trade. Again I ask, are you f****** stupid???
What a petulant and immature response. Must say...true to form. I can't even figure out what you're trying to say. I think (although with little confidence), that you're admitting to being confused about your thoughts on the trade - given you being upset at JD's gall to ask to be traded and that you think it would be good if he went and got good picks etc.
Now I could go on and on about your hypocrisies, but that would be boring.
Go for it.

And in the meantime I will simply ask, are you f****** stupid??
You lack the intelligence to present a thoughtful discussion. Maybe when you grow up, we can have one.
So let me understand your views...it's ok to suggest getting rid of JD to gain better picks or players, but it's not ok for JD to explore another club that will give us opportunities to get top picks or better players?
What the f*** are you talking about????? So clearly you dont understand - no surprises there!! Yes its ok to suggest trading any player if the return improves the list - are you f****** stupid???? And please quote me verbatim when I said its "not ok to explore another club that will give us opportunities to get top picks or better players?
Again you display the contrary thoughts of your own mutterings. You need to read over your own material, and then, you may even realise it yourself.
Disgrace.
f****** Stupid

Come back when you have something of worth to contribute.
Well, I'm here. Not sure what you have contributed yourself exactly. May I suggest that you take a tablet to settle the 'ticks'. It's clear you struggle with your own postulations and suppositionings. It's a strange trait you have.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I feel like 12th Man’s Rabs Warren,sitting between Fatty and Sterlo with you 2.

“ Turn it up you 2!We’ll try and introduce some sanity into proceedings here!”

“Well it’s a pretty dopey thing to say,Ray!

“Aw turn it up!”

“Turn it up!”

“ Turn it up!”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:29 pm
Crazyman wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:12 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 pm I think this bagging of Joe is bloody ordinary. Dead set rotten.

Whatever his reason, he’s been a great contributor for the club. He’s played over 100 games so his cast off can walk into the club.

Not bagging him or questioning his undoubted talent and potential.

Great contributor? How? Had one very good season, since then injured, playing injured and a liability.

Yes we get something decent, but surely if he is worth that much you’d rather keep him?

There is logic, there is reasoning and there is you 🤪
1 x AA
1 x Crichton Medal (+ 1 runner up)
1 x Anzac Day Medal
4 x Leading Goal Kicker

I'd say he's been a great contributor taking into consideration that his first 50 games would be a developing period. Compare his stats to say a Jonathan Brown at the same stage of his career, JD is well ahead.

Some people amaze me with their underestimation of this bloke.
How many goals in 3 of those leadin kicker awards?
AA and Crighton in the one good year
Anzac Day = 1 good game against pies.

Your optimism is borderline delusion mate.
Take off those red and black glasses and see what really is.
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Wally wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Exactly the same with him in it.....SHITE!
Image]
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

MASON !
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Wally wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm I'm curious - what does our Forward Line look like without JD there ?
Haven`t you been watching the last two seaons? :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Crazyman wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am

Great contributor? How? Had one very good season, since then injured, playing injured and a liability.

Yes we get something decent, but surely if he is worth that much you’d rather keep him?

1 x AA
1 x Anzac Day Medal
4 x Leading Goal Kicker

I'd say he's been a great contributor taking into consideration that his first 50 games would be a developing period. Compare his stats to say a Jonathan Brown at the same stage of his career, JD is well ahead.

Oh I see!

So the Jonathan Brown comparison makes no sense to you? I read somewhere that JD is actually ahead of TD at the same stage of their careers. And we all know how good TD was as a player. I’m prepared to provide stats and achievements to back up my point of view. You’re just prepared to throw a comment around because that’s just what you think.

So I suppose he’s been such an ordinary performer and a liability in your eyes, you must think he is only worth a 2nd rounder at best? Is that right?? Or do you expect us to get 2 first rounders for someone so lacklustre?
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

desmondo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm
Pretty much what I was getting at. The only thing we have been holding onto was that JD would be back in there at some stage.

I’d rather off load half the list and start again than go into another season with Brown and McKernan as the main targets.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Wally wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 pm
desmondo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm
Pretty much what I was getting at. The only thing we have been holding onto was that JD would be back in there at some stage.

I’d rather off load half the list and start again than go into another season with Brown and McKernan as the main targets.
Exactly what I'm thinking. It's impossible to build a consistent and potent fwd line with this pair as its foundation. Basically Brown is vulnerable to any backline that bothers to target him and McKernan is firing less than half the time these days. Thanks for your good service at a time of dire need boys but that's it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Daisy..1 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Exactly the same with him in it.....SHITE!
You crack me up lady :lol:
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy Hille wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:31 pm
Crazyman wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am

1 x AA
1 x Anzac Day Medal
4 x Leading Goal Kicker

Oh I see!

So the Jonathan Brown comparison makes no sense to you? I read somewhere that JD is actually ahead of TD at the same stage of their careers. And we all know how good TD was as a player. I’m prepared to provide stats and achievements to back up my point of view. You’re just prepared to throw a comment around because that’s just what you think.

So I suppose he’s been such an ordinary performer and a liability in your eyes, you must think he is only worth a 2nd rounder at best? Is that right?? Or do you expect us to get 2 first rounders for someone so lacklustre?
He ain’t no TD or Brown.
As for stats, he cracked 50 once, 40 once. Averages less than 2 goals a game and in the last 2 years we played worse with him in than out.

Maybe that is more a team thing than a JD thing, but he was rubbish when he did get on the park in the last 2 years.

As for return, I think a first & second round would be what he is worth tbh, but he is contracted this year so Swans likely have to pay overs to get him out. If not, he is s chance to walk next year for f*** all and we are left at the mercy of the AFL who will likely f*** us over and give us an end of 2nd round pick which will be low 40’s with suns priority bullshit...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Windy Hille

I am waiting for you to highlight my hypocrisies and contrary statements.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm Windy Hille

I am waiting for you to highlight my hypocrisies and contrary statements.
Hello Mr Contrary
Windy_Hill wrote:
no one is bagging the guy
But...
Windy_Hill wrote:
But dont you think every Essendon supporter has a right to be a little pissed off with the bullshit reason being floated around as to why he is leaving.
And...
Windy_Hill wrote:
I'm hearing he is on the piss all the time...not good for an elite athlete undergoing comprehensive rehabilitation.
Plus...
Windy_Hill wrote:
Good luck Joey...lets hope this trade request becomes your best ever performance in an Essendon jumper
All this while contemplating trading him away for better options / picks. Because he seeks a trade, you disrespect him and diss him.

The mind boggles.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Some interesting callers recently regarding JD and Razz.

One caller said “we’ll be right, we have James Stewart coming back and Irving Mosquito on the list”.

Hmmmmmm :-k

Then there was one this morning who was very critical of the fact that both JD and Razz were in the leadership group and here they are wanting out. That’s not leadership, and I tend to agree. Especially when it caused a bit of angst amongst more senior players. If they both end up staying, then they should be stripped of any leadership role.
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 am Some interesting callers recently regarding JD and Razz.

One caller said “we’ll be right, we have James Stewart coming back and Irving Mosquito on the list”.

Then there was one this morning who was very critical of the fact that both JD and Razz were in the leadership group and here they are wanting out. That’s not leadership, and I tend to agree. Especially when it caused a bit of angst amongst more senior players. If they both end up staying, then they should be stripped of any leadership role.
Dunno that Stewart & Mosquito will be our saviours if Joe & Raz leave.

Not sure about the Leadership thing. If you're a good player, had a few years at the club, and have respect/leadership of the group, does that mean you can't ever leave? At least Joe announced his intentions, but Raz.....yeah, that's just poor form with him saying nothing and leaving everyone hanging. That for sure aint leadership.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am
BenDoolan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 am Some interesting callers recently regarding JD and Razz.

Dunno that Stewart & Mosquito will be our saviours if Joe & Raz leave.

Not sure about the Leadership thing. If you're a good player, had a few years at the club, and have respect/leadership of the group, does that mean you can't ever leave? At least Joe announced his intentions, but Raz.....yeah, that's just poor form with him saying nothing and leaving everyone hanging. That for sure aint leadership.
I’ve totally forgotten what James Stewart looks like or even plays like. And Irving “Buzz” Mosquito will take a few years to mature.

Good to hear Razzamatazz is staying.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

MH_Bomber wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm MASON !
Fletcher?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm
Fletcher?
Haha :lol:

Where the hell is he by the way?
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23 pm
s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm
Fletcher?
Haha :lol:

Where the hell is he by the way?
Been playing as one of the Over 18's in the Calder Cannons (14 games in 2019), but has not been tearing up the track. Has averages much along the lines of his 17 year old (10 games in 2017) than when he played well as an 18 year old (4 games before breaking down).

Averaging 9.6 disposals and 3.6 marks a game this year. https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/mason-fletcher/
Cannons had a crap year so the ball was in defense a lot, but strangely he seemed to be played forward a lot this year (kicked 16 goals with a biggest bag of 4) and was only named in the best once.

Doubt he would get a senior spot unless he does well at the testing camp (I can't bring myself to say combine with out thinking of harvesters and Massey-Ferguson's). May get a rookie spot (assuming that Draper and Mynott get elevated, Jok retained or variations thereof). Cannot see F/S needing to be invoked.
Should walk into VFL side.

Another to watch out for is Josh Misiti who is also with the Canons (17 year old ineligible for draft - only played 2 games) https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/josh-misiti/
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)