Truth Revealed

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Truth Revealed

Post by stryper »

🔴⚫WELL WELL WELL 🔴⚫

The drug that wiped out the ­Essendon 34 was only listed as banned by ASADA the day before the club “self-reported” its supplements program in February 2013.

It was several months after the injections had stopped.

Most of the 2012 Bombers’ squad were banned after the Court of Arbitration for Sport concluded they were repeatedly injected with the WADA “prohibited” substance Thymosin Beta-4.

But an official log reveals the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority “Check Your Substances” site — which athletes and coaches are encouraged to inspect prior to using supplements — did not flag the drug as banned until the afternoon of February 4, 2013

The log, obtained under Freedom of Information laws, shows an ASADA official ran a check on the public site for “research” at 10.34am and no flag was generated for Thymosin Beta-4.

Another check on Thymosin Beta-4 just over two hours later at 12.59pm by an ASADA staffer listed it as “banned in sport”. The status update came on the same day AFL boss Andrew Demetriou called Essendon chairman David Evans about a secret investigation into the club’s supplements program, prompting the Bombers to “self-report” to ASADA.

The log revelation, seven years into the doping saga, adds to concerns over the AFL tribunal and Court of Arbitration for Sport’s ruling that Thymosin Beta-4 was clearly a banned substance during the Bombers’ supplements regimen.

Scientist Bob O’Dea said: “The evidence of a stitch-up is compelling”.

The players’ defence team did not know about the log when they were found guilty in January 2016.

Questions have also been raised about the update’s timing, with suggestions it was an attempt by some staff to shore up evidence after the fact.

Former ASADA boss Ben McDevitt told a Senate inquiry in March 2016 the Essendon players were culpable because they did not check whether the substance was banned.

“Ultimately the onus rests always on the individual … They (the players) should have gone to the website where you can look up the substances that are banned but we have no evidence that any of them did,” Mr McDevitt said

Separately, Mr McDevitt’s claims that Thymosin Beta-4 was captured under two general classifications of banned substances in WADA’s World Anti-Doping Code prohibited list have been shot down.

Thymosin Beta-4 was not explicitly listed as a banned substance by WADA until January 2018. But Mr McDevitt insisted to the Senate inquiry it was captured in WADA’s prohibited lists under categories “S0 and S2” when it was allegedly being used by Essendon players.

Mr McDevitt’s response to the Senate on March 3, 2016, reads: “The substance Thymosin Beta-4 is prohibited under category S2 of the prohibited list. It is a growth factor affecting muscle, tendon and ligament, vascularisation and regenerative capacity. The substance is also prohibited under category S0 of the prohibited list as it has never been approved by any regulatory agency for human therapeutic use.”

But ASADA has since stated no drug can be captured under two categories, with an email to Mr O’Dea on September 4 this year, saying: “A substance can only be placed within one category in the WADA prohibited list.

“The definition of S0 on the WADA prohibited list excludes substances which are addressed in other sections of the code.”

Mr O’Dea said: “I have been appalled at the lack of scientific rigour that has been applied in the Essendon saga.”

ASADA last night failed to respond to why it added Thymosin Beta-4 to the banned list on its Check Your Substances site in February 2013.

“Whether or not a substance is listed on ASADA’s former Check Your Substance tool has no bearing on whether a substance is a prohibited substance under the World Anti-Doping Code,” a spokeswoman said.

“Thymosin Beta-4 was a prohibited substance since the commencement of the 2010 WADA prohibited list.”

Anyone searching for a drug that did not flag on the Check Your Substance tool would have been told it did not necessarily mean it was permitted and would be urged to contact ASADA, she said.

She had no comment on the September email that contradicted Mr McDevitt’s advice to the inquiry about the WADA code categories Thymosin Beta-4 was captured in.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: Truth Revealed

Post by Rover99 »

Yep McDivvet and ASADA were dead set crooked. A huge stitch up to secure funding. May they be damned forever!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Where was this article published?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hey Bonce,could you paste my Compensation piece here please?Saves us having a second thread.

Thanks,Grassy.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:41 pm Hey Bonce,could you paste my Compensation piece here please?Saves us having a second thread.

Thanks,Grassy.
grassy1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:41 pm Don’t know what people have heard,but I’m just wondering with all we went through in the Suppements,only to find we’re not as Guilty as the rest of Australia deemed us to be,we’re entitled to a 14 game head start next season?

I’m still pinching myself given the Subscriber only Report comes from 7WestCoastMedia,the supplements we took we’re legal,we stopped for donkeys before they were declared illegal and only made Illegal the Day before we self reported.

If anyone has a better understanding of the latest developments,feel free to post away,.......
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ta Nudder! :D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Time to get Bruce Francis on the case...
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Not sure this new information is going to be very helpful.
As I recall, there was PLENTY of conjecture about the status of the drugs in question, at the time it all blew up.
I would find it hard to believe that an update to a log would over-ride all of that previous discussion/evidence.
But, you know, I can't remember every detail from back then, and I'm no lawyer, so it's just my first thought.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:21 pm Time to get Bruce Francis on the case...
Beat me to it mate. :lol:

Where art though,Bruce?

Now then Bonce,easy does it,....... :lol:
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Corrupt bastards of the highest order.

Should appear in Full Frontal (Kym Gyngell) Bastards Inc.

As an aside, shouldn’t this all be added to the f*** off c**** thread?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Crazyman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:19 pm Corrupt bastards of the highest order.

“Telecom!” :lol:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:21 pm Time to get Bruce Francis on the case...
He never left it.

A hero

As is Nat Rat....they need to put a statue of the guy in front of the high performance centre.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

What a "shot in the arm" this could be for the players and coaches so unjustly treated. If these carnts can be nailed, then retribution from all affecteded will be cataclysmic.

If ever there was a time for the Essendon family to stand as one, its right here, right now. And yes i am looking at you Joe.

Give Jobe his medal back!

Give us back the stolen draft picks

Reinstate our proper ladder position from 2013

Formal apologies to players, medical staff and in particular, Thompson and Hird

McLachlan to resign

Demetriou, McDevitt, Andruska , Dillon to all be charged, tried, sentenced and jailed.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:23 pm
Crazyman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:19 pm Corrupt bastards of the highest order.

“Telecom!” :lol:

Oops wrong show...Comedy Company

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PeShQ25-z7M

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1lf2muNm20
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No worries Crazyman.

Both great for a laugh or 3. :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Paddy Cripps should be ours. Hand him over!
Essendunny
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Herald Sun.
7 news...
All finally coming out.
Time for JUSTICE.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, derrr, Tom Browne. Back when the program was run, players were told they were taking Thymosin. So if they checked BOTH the ASADA and WADA sites, it would not be listed. But this “investigation” and ruling declared “to their comfortable satisfaction” that it was TB4.

So how are you (as a player) supposed to look up TB4 on both sites when you were told it was Thymosin?
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

after reading that article nothing is going to happen. WADA had banned TB-4 since 2010.