The Baby Powder Twins

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

The Baby Powder Twins

Post by Windy_Hill »

Where do we find another pair like these two legends. Talented and tough, neither ever took a backwards step.

A great video from BTV which aired last year but worth a watch

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/201 ... on-johnson

How good would it be to have their toughness back in the team
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: The Baby Powder Twins

Post by BenDoolan »

They were awesome players. We probably took them for granted. We have nothing like them on the list now!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:46 pm Where do we find another pair like these two legends. Talented and tough, neither ever took a backwards step.

A great video from BTV which aired last year but worth a watch

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/201 ... on-johnson

How good would it be to have their toughness back in the team
It was only3 Games,before the Dorkers pinched him back,but seeing him in Red and Black my way,was well worth seeing him play.MJ knows Beau Wilkes(Maister)would prefer not to remember him,after MJ pulled his pants down! :lol:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:53 pm They were awesome players. We probably took them for granted. We have nothing like them on the list now!
Throw in Wallis, Hardwick, Longy, Hird, Lloyd, Moorcroft....that team was as tough as nails.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:53 pm They were awesome players. We probably took them for granted. We have nothing like them on the list now!
Throw in Wallis, Hardwick, Longy, Hird, Lloyd, Moorcroft....that team was as tough as nails.
I hardly remember any of that bunch having a bad day. Could watch the replays over and over (living in a fool's paradise is the only hope these days :D .) Was there any ever shit going down between them, or prima donna antics on the field? Not that I saw.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Hardwick and JJ were tough uncompromising players.
That entire team was in fact. Did anyone mention Barny?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Of course Barnard was right up there. Even the silky Mercuri would never take a backwards step.

For the life of me I simply don’t get how a team coached by John Worsfold can be as terrifying as tissue paper.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:12 pm Of course Barnard was right up there. Even the silky Mercuri would never take a backwards step.

For the life of me I simply don’t get how a team coached by John Worsfold can be as terrifying as tissue paper.
Single ply grainy home brand...
Like our team, weak, useless, promises to do something but leaves you wanting something more...
Makes me shudder 😂
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

When you look through our list of plushy cuddle toys parading around as AFL footballers it’s really hard to pick more than a handful who you’d want beside you in the trenches

Tough Nuts

Smith
Walla
Redman
Zachy
Paddy
Guelfi

Wanna Be Tough Guys but Not Quite There

Fanta. (Like most Italians, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, even tried to change sides like his WWII forefathers)
Package. ( too much touchy feely life counseling has drained away his Asshole Quotient....now a role model....god help us)
Clarke D ( like a friend’s annoying chihuahua, snaps and barks a lot at the door when the postman comes by but ducks under the bed when he comes through the door)
Irish. (Could be a Tough Nut but performing a graceful “solo” down the members wing at the G makes me think he is 3 Guinesses short of being a c***)
Saady. ( perhaps the only Muslim guy in the world that doesn’t scare the shit out of everyone)

Toothless Tigers

Hurls (master of the resting bitch face but nothing to see here folks)
Hooksy ( trouble is the biff is usually over by the time he jogs to the action. The man bun killed his machismo)
Laverde. ( to be fair, looking pissed is about his only weapon)
Skinny (brave but as scary as a 4 week old kitten)
Skipper ( been too long at the Essendon Cuddle Academy)
Darcy ( borderline Wanna Be Tough Guy but barely beats wet cardboard with his physique )
Franga ( red hair, no temper WTF!)

Tissue Paper

Zaka (softer than a creamy bowl of porridge)
JoeD (that’s right, we can’t say anything negative about Joey or he might go on a protracted 2020 sookathon.
Shiel. ( needs to get a tat, hang out with Dusty and grow some menacing facial hair...Clarke Kent without the Superman)
Langers. (As terrifying as a bag full of jelly beans)
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Pain Management by Johnson & Johnson!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark