Essendon Rumour Mill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
mdso
Club Captain

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by mdso »

Daisy..1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:10 pm FACT - Saad will only take 4 or walks

We would not have the intelligence to sign him but I hope we do, he is a good player. So if he walks and apart from Ridley who is down back? Ridley is very good player but he cannot do it all alone. Hurley has trouble marking, trouble handballing and kicking is not what it was, he is a shadow of his former self. Next year is probably his last year if he doesn't leave before then. I wonder who else is on their way out the door?

And; brickbats to our former coach Woosha, saying "Essendon people expect too much." We could not have more more wrong in terms of what we failed to receive. Nowhere near what you should have been delivering. Last two years have been a joke. Money for jam, the only trouble was, you were missing in action.

Still you weren't employed as a footy coach by the club, you were employed to calm and steady the waters after the supplements saga and nothing more. All the talk about premiership windows, was just a con. Goodbye.
Last edited by mdso on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Didn’t we just offer Ridley a 4 year contract?

Here’s the deal, we are shit. Why wouldn’t a player like Adam Saad want to go to a club with ambition. So yeah, if Essendon want him and he’s only prepared to stay with this Train Wreck of a club for a 4 year contract then we need to recognise that this is what it now takes to keep ambitious players.

Now, if Essendon had some sign of turning the corner and challenging, he may take 3. But that is obviously not the case.

The stupid thing is we will play hard ball with Saad then in the next breath offer the likes of Gleeson and Laverde new deals.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

As some wag said - why should Saad walk? He isn't in the leadership group.

Pick your 5 essential players. And look after them.

Saad and Ridley are among those.

The rest can walk ... or try to like Laverde tried to last year and be shocked at their real market value and levels of interest from other clubs.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

In the next two years we can relieve the salary cap significantly with the likely retirements of Bellchambers, Hooker, Hurley, Zaharakis and Heppell. McKenna leavi g probably saves us $300K

I would estimate their combined salary would be around $2.5m a year. Other than Saad, Ridley, McGrath, Merrett, Parish and Draper, who else is pushing for an improved contract and let’s be honest, none of the above would merit a salary higher than 500K other than maybe Merrett.

We should have a truckload of room to accommodate Saad who I understand wants 400K and 4 years.

And oh yeah, what if Daniher leaves, or Fantasia? There is another $1M that will be available.

For f*** Sake Essendon.....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

There is a rumour that a high profile person walked out on the club today. Can only hope there’s another 20 to follow...
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

If Dudoro el al manage to lose Saad I am burning my membership card.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am As some wag said - why should Saad walk? He isn't in the leadership group.

The rest can walk ... or try to like Laverde tried to last year and be shocked at their real market value and levels of interest from other clubs.
Who is the Wag you are referring too SD?
Image]
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:57 pm There is a rumour that a high profile person walked out on the club today. Can only hope there’s another 20 to follow...
I was told Luke Ball was made redundant? to be honest I forgot he was even at the club haha
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:43 am
BenDoolan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:57 pm There is a rumour that a high profile person walked out on the club today. Can only hope there’s another 20 to follow...
I was told Luke Ball was made redundant? to be honest I forgot he was even at the club haha
Same!

When I heard it was Luke Ball, I really struggled to remember when he even walked in the door.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Daisy..1 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 pm
s'dreams wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am As some wag said - why should Saad walk? He isn't in the leadership group.

Who is the Wag you are referring too SD?
Just a punter on a footy comedy show (reported secondhand). Nobody on the inside.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

I knew about his 4 year contract expectations and reported it here last season.....they gave that request a not so mutual "stay" (with some benefits ie: a lovely wedding) for 12 months... he is now asking to tack on another year after another consistent season . Lets face it... he is one of only a few that we can all say tries their guts out and is efficient and reliable...not just on the ground but off field also. To deny him a 4 year contract last year was a bad business decision YET we waste $$$$$$ time and effort on another certain player that is never on the park, does not want to play for us and is costing the Club a small fortune in med bills...its simply CRAZY. What example does that set? Our Club is run by nuffies......that just fly by the seats of their pants...BECAUSE WE PAY FOR THEM TO DO SO. If it does not make sense IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE...we have been senseless for near on 20 years!!!
Image]
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

We could do worse than to let JoeDan and Sheil walk. Start over fresh - don't waste our future picks.
Go to the draft and get some good young players with talent. All under 23.

Probably 8 to go on our list.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

mdso wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:52 am

Person?As opposed to player?A Coach?A Board Member?Someone else?

Is The Phantom still around these days?

We could do worse than to let JoeDan and Sheil walk. Start over fresh - don't waste our future picks.

s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:58 am
mdso wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:52 am

Person?As opposed to player?A Coach?A Board Member?Someone else?

Is The Phantom still around these days?

8 to go? Is that hoping or do you have an inside source?

Oh and re Saad - McKenna just walked, Guelfi is barely AFL standard, Cutler, Hibberd and Beguley cannot cut it down back.
Give him a 4 year deal ... or as seems to be happening these days a 3 year with a performance trigger for a 4th.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Good ol’ Mark Stevo Stevens on C7 news basically saying it is likely to be Saad’s final game for the Bombers. Either Demons or Kangas likely destinations.

Well, IMO, if Saad has any ambitions, he’d leave. Won’t find success at Tulla.

This would mean we’ve lost both slingshots off half back in one season.

I reckon Saad will end up at Richmond. Good ol’ Bachar Houli will hang up the boots, and Saady will slot straight in. Laughing all the way to the premiership bank.

Guarantee you we will get Majak Daw to replace Belly. It’s the Essendon thing to do.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Saad, Daniher and Zerrett potentially gone.

What an off-season
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Think... (well really hope) Zerrett stays.

The silence surrounding Saad and Daniher is alarmingly.

Just another Dudoro move.... probably trying to clear $$ to give Cameron $1.2m a season 🤬🤬
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:32 pm Saad, Daniher and Zerrett potentially gone.

What an off-season
I wonder if Fantasia will be added to that list?

Shocked but not surprised to hear Merrett may want out.

I guess if there is any upside we can secure a handful of high draft picks and be forced to face the reality that a rebuild is underway
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

dodgey wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:53 pm Think... (well really hope) Zerrett stays.

The silence surrounding Saad and Daniher is alarmingly.

Just another Dudoro move.... probably trying to clear $$ to give Cameron $1.2m a season 🤬🤬
Geelong have come for Zerrett pretty hard.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:32 pm Saad, Daniher and Zerrett potentially gone.

What an off-season
And old mate Razz?
Essendunny