Finals footy ‘20 is bloody hard to watch

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: Finals footy ‘20 is bloody hard to watch

Post by ealesy »

Bloody amazing to think a 7ft, liberal, American from Texas might have very well prevented Richmond from 4-peating.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:27 pm Great team Richmond my arse. Geelong blew it. They had them on toast and didn’t take advantage and then mentally disintegrated in second half.

Richmond are the jammiest, artsiest AFL team of all time.
Literally 2 1/2 of their premiership wins have been with a long existent opposition. Adelaide? GWS? and a spot lit Geelong.

I f****** Hate Richmond!!!!!!
That’s the Spirit,MH! :wink:

You don’t have to like anyone except Essendon and that’s fine with me.But there’s not much about our Club to like,so you look for something to like elsewhere,without fawning over them(and No Benny,I’m not saying you are :lol: )and the old yellow Sash,has at the very least prevented 2 nightmare scenarios.

First Adelaide,with their screaming deluded,chip on the shoulder masses,were stopped in their tracks.Only one thing,maybe 2 or 3 mobs are worse,but the deafening silence was just Marvellous!

Secondly,on the other scale,the mob with very few supporters,AWFULL’s Love Child GWS,were Smashed in their attempts to Win a Fake Flag.That is,a flag where the controlling Football body has done everything it can,to help them not only Win a Flag,but gone to Ridiculous lengths to tell anyone that cares,that pouring copious amounts of money into a region that doesn’t really give a stuff about Aussie Rules Footy is well worth the effort.

It’s not and even if Penrith Panthers don’t Win a Well deserved NRL Flag(and geez,I for their sake alone,I sure hope they do),the masses out there are still Rugby League Nuts!

It’s ironic that AWFULL think they can benefit,from a horrible thing to happen to Traditional Sports Fans(the merger)when they themselves with all their bean counters,would love to enforce if they think could get away with it.In a sense,they are with that Fraud of a merger between Western Suburbs and Balmain(they Hate each other).If those two got their Shit together and got their Clubs back as single entities,Rugby League would be much healthier and AWFULL would really be pushing Shit up hill!

Thanks to Richmond alone,GWS are beginning to fall apart at the seams and when they soon hit Rock Bottom,they’ll be lucky to have more than the Commission in the stands.I’m no Richmond fanatic,but I thank them eternally for Smashing AWFULL’s Mob by 20 Goals,.....and the Bloody Crows!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

ealesy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:08 am Bloody amazing to think a 7ft, liberal, American from Texas might have very well prevented Richmond from 4-peating.
Too bad they blew a 5 Goal lead in The Big One,ealesy!

(With Apologies to Oakland Raiders Legend John Madden)This was supposed to be the single biggest day in their lives,so long as they Won The Big One!

They Failed Big Time!

For the Umpteenth Time!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:57 pm I fully “get” the AFL’s agenda in deciding to play the GF in QLD. It’s an expansion state, they want to grow the game’s popularity there. Sure, on the surface they are positioning it as a reward to the QLD state government for its support during the COVID crisis. And to be fair, QLD as opposed to W.A. did make it possible to hold the competition in 2020.

Having said that, the QLD government has been amply rewarded with a sizeable injection of economic activity as a result. But to play the game at an undersized stadium in what now appears to be the beginning of the tropical rainstorm season when the 60,000 seat state of the art Optus Stadium is sitting vacant.....

The game has been hijacked for political expediency and the fans are once again the victims.
I don't think any of us can complain one iota about whatever arrangements were ultimately made this season.
To get an almost full season completed, has been a remarkable achievement.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It will still have an Asterisk next to it in my Book!

Shortened season,16 Minute Quarters!Not really the genuine article.

Though again,you have to give Richmond their dues,overcoming a first up Finals Loss and doing the rest the Hard way.

I guess I’m having my Cake and eating it too.

Putting an Asterisk next to the season,but acknowledging Richmond all the same.

MH will just Lurve that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by grassy1 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Why I hate Richmond? Hmmm where do I start?

1. Trent Cotchin being allowed to run around with impunity head heading. Ask Shiel, ask Jones. That Boston Strangler act on Jones literally could have snapped his neck

2. Trent Cotchin agreeing to accept Jobe’s stolen Brownlow

3. Lynch allowed to strike on 5 times during this season with impunity

4. Caroline Wilson

5. The Windy Hill brawl

6. Diving backman Grimes that cost us the game in Darwin

7. Their boring scrabbly game plan that relies totally on luck

8. The way everyone of their players appeal for most improbable of frees and how the umpires on the most part comply

9. Caroline Wilson

10. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of holding the ball both for and against them in every game they have played

11. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of holding the man both for and against them in every game they have played

12. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of kicking in danger both for and against them in every game they have played

13. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of the 50 penalty for and against them in every game they have played. Basically every time they give away a free they delay giving back the ball - and get away with it every single time

14. Caroline Wilson

15. How their game plan relies on arse rather than class. That’s so much easier when they get the world with umpiring every single match they play

16. The term “Tiger tough”

17. 2 flags are a result of an opposition that literally did not show up. Last night Geelong literally just blew a game they had total control of. This what the definition of jammy is

19. Damien Hardwick (ostracised) whinging about everything

20. Caroline Wilson

21. Just everything about their whinging fans that result in umpires giving these jam arsed, filthy bums free kicks that decide games week in week out
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Things to admire about Richmond...

1. Gone from rabble club of 30+ years to an absolute juggernaut through great planning and decision making

2. Damien Hardwick. EFC turn him down as coach because he was “too harsh on our list”. Hardwick takes over the Tigers and turns them into a hard unit and champion team.

3. Bachar Houli. EFC thought he was just a fringe player. After all, who likes running half back flankers? (Hello to Adam Saad and Conor McKenna). 3 time Premiership player.

4. They stuck by Dustin Martin when there was a campaign by Caroline Wilson to get rid of him. Brownlow Medal, 3 x Premiership player, 3 x Norm Smith Medallist later...

5. Brendan Gale declares the club will have 100K members and 3 premierships by 2020. Mission accomplished.

6. Damien Hardwick. Hard man Hardwick instills hardness at the club. Legend. EFC could do with someone like him. Oh, that’s right...

7. Trent Cotchin was criticised as a ‘soft’ captain in 2016. Pressure from the media almost cost him his leadership. The club stick by him. 3 x Premiership captain - the first in the club’s history.

8. Neil Balme. Wherever he goes, premierships happen. In the right role, he turns the culture around. Geelong 2007 - 2011. And Tigers 2017 - 2020.

9. They play as a team. Not reliant on any one player. They get goals from anywhere and anyone. Lynch was substandard in the GF. It didn’t matter, options aplenty.

10. They play as a team. Lose a key defender in the opening moments of the GF. It didn’t matter, defensive unit steps up and covers the loss.

11. Some say they won some ‘cheap’ premierships. Everyone knows there is no such thing. Scoff at Adelaide and GWS all you like, they had to beat other teams to get into the GF anyway. They are outstanding.

12. Damien Hardwick. Hard man Hardwick instills hardness at the club. Legend. EFC could do with someone like him. Oh, that’s right...

13. They lose the best defender in the 21st century (Alex Rance) and are still able to mould a ruthless defensive unit capable of winning flags.

14. Mrs Hardwick. Obviously she gives Damien his hardness. And she gets his hardness back in return. A real hard wick. A great couple.

15. Dustin Martin. What a player. Match winner. 3 x Norm Smith Medallist.

16. A great club song. Can’t help but sing it. And sing it LOUD 🎶 YELLOW AND BLACK 🎶 🟡⚫️🟡⚫️

17. The old adage that a champion team beats a team of champions. They have done this in all their flags - Adelaide, GWS, Geelong

18. We used to laugh at them. Now we’re getting laughed at. We have become their rabble from 1983 - 2016. They have become us 1981 - 1993.

19. Liam Baker = Leon Baker. The guy moves and plays like him. Liam Baker the Premiership Maker.

20. Damien Hardwick. Hard man Hardwick instills hardness at the club. Legend. EFC could do with someone like him. Oh, that’s right...

21. Mrs Hardwick. Obviously she gives Damien his hardness. And she gets his hardness back in return. A real hard wick. A great couple.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Barrack for them then Ben and change your avatar to DamienHardwick.

Never before have I seem an Bomber supporter so love another club. It just doesn’t make sense you barrack for the Mighty Bombers.

In fact your adulation for all things yellow and black is so deep why don’t we abolish the entire competition. I mean clubs like Essendon don’t deserve to exist any more and they certainly don’t deserve a fair go with umpiring when playing your mighty Tigers.

Let’s just and just have a game of Richmond A team play Richmond B team every week and not bother all these other team like Essendon.

Liam Baker = Leon Baker. The guy moves and plays like him. Liam Baker the Premiership Maker.
THIS STATEMENT IS LIBELLOUS!
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Admiration of the nation. That’s what the Mighty Tiges have achieved. You really have to acknowledge their strength now. Tigers are king of the AFL Jungle.

You can show as many flops and flips of their players as you like. Boris Bewick made a career out of it. Only difference is that Boris was regarded as “clever” while everyone detests it today.

I love Dimma. Loved him as a player, and I wish him nothing but success. He is a champ. Our dumb mofo club decided to trade him out after 2001. A player like Hardwick who threw his body on the line in every contest, fought tooth and nail to win the footy - and generally did. They decided to trade this bricks and mortar bloke out of the club. I’m glad he went on to win another Premiership with Port. Meanwhile, that was the year we last won a final.

Then, to outdo ourselves, we turn him away from the coaching opportunity in 2007. They didn’t like his assessment of our list. The list that has given us donuts ever since. Meanwhile, he’s a triple premiership coach. I am so f****** rapt for him. And while I put money into our carcass of a club, I will sink the boots in as hard as I can.

But you can keep on admiring our club for its uselessness if you like. I don’t admire it. I pity it.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Look I agree with you about Hardwick the player. We should have asked blokes like Hird and Lloyd to take a play cut and not signed Mercuri for 5 years which he didn’t see out. We also lost Caracalla, Heffernan and Blumfield. Hardwick should never have been traded. I loved Hardwick as a player as well but he actually used to get suspended for late and dirty stuff.

Agree with you about Hardwick vs Knights decision. Absolutely ridiculous. He told them the truth but they couldn’t handle the truth.

What I hate now is watching him bitching about umpiring and game plans of Sydney when they are kings of the easy ride with umps and they the kings of low the scoring game plan. They get the world and he still complains. This bullshit about it being a tough game. Yeah it it is a tough game but that doesn’t mean his captain can go around trying to snap necks. I accept they play on the edge and do dirty crap but what absolutely makes my blood boil is they get away with it and are never suspended. Unlike real tigers they are protected species.

Do you honestly think that if Stringer did even half of what Lynch got away with this year he wouldn’t have be suspended? Do you honestly think if any Bomber player tried to snap a players neck there wouldn’t be a baying for blood by the footy media led by Caroline Wilson to have that Bomber player rubbed out for weeks?
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 am What I hate now is watching him bitching about umpiring and game plans of Sydney when they are kings of the easy ride with umps and they the kings of low the scoring game plan. They get the world and he still complains. This bullshit about it being a tough game. Yeah it it is a tough game but that doesn’t mean his captain can go around trying to snap necks. I accept they play on the edge and do dirty crap but what absolutely makes my blood boil is they get away with it and are never suspended. Unlike real tigers they are protected species.

Do you honestly think that if Stringer did even half of what Lynch got away with this year he wouldn’t have be suspended? Do you honestly think if any Bomber player tried to snap a players neck there wouldn’t be a baying for blood by the footy media led by Caroline Wilson to have that Bomber player rubbed out for weeks?
This is what I admire him more for. He flies the flag for his team and club.

Nothing wrong having a view on umpiring (even if it is to mask the team’s mistakes). What I do hate, is a coach who sits there in the presser and says “I don’t know I didn’t see it” or “I wasn’t looking at the time”. Then the club admin just sits there and cops all this shit without questioning the umpiring panel. AbsoluteLy soft as hell. No wonder we keep getting on the rough end of the pineapple.

Same goes for AFL tribunal etc. We just cop it without challenge. Weak as piss.

Brasher said so himself.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:11 am Why I hate Richmond? Hmmm where do I start?

1. Trent Cotchin being allowed to run around with impunity head heading. Ask Shiel, ask Jones. That Boston Strangler act on Jones literally could have snapped his neck

2. Trent Cotchin agreeing to accept Jobe’s stolen Brownlow

3. Lynch allowed to strike on 5 times during this season with impunity

4. Caroline Wilson

5. The Windy Hill brawl

6. Diving backman Grimes that cost us the game in Darwin

8. The way everyone of their players appeal for most improbable of frees and how the umpires on the most part comply

9. Caroline Wilson

10. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of holding the ball both for and against them in every game they have played

11. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of holding the man both for and against them in every game they have played

12. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of kicking in danger both for and against them in every game they have played

13. How they are giving the most luxurious armchair ride with the interpretation of the 50 penalty for and against them in every game they have played. Basically every time they give away a free they delay giving back the ball - and get away with it every single time

14. Caroline Wilson

15. How their game plan relies on arse rather than class. That’s so much easier when they get the world with umpiring every single match they play

16. The term “Tiger tough”

17. 2 flags are a result of an opposition that literally did not show up. Last night Geelong literally just blew a game they had total control of. This what the definition of jammy is

19. Damien Hardwick (ostracised) whinging about everything

20. Caroline Wilson

21. Just everything about their whinging fans that result in umpires giving these jam arsed, filthy bums free kicks that decide games week in week out
Well,I wouldn’t exactly equate the to the Silver and Black of the NFL in the Oakland Raiders,but neither really gave a damn what others think about ‘em in their Prime,or anytime.

Matt Millen,who played in 2 Super Bowl Victories for them,said this about the Raider Rules.

Raider Rule Number 1 - Cheating is Encouraged.

Raider Rule Number 2 - Refer to Rule Number 1.

Now,I’m not saying Richmond would stoop to their levels.Nor do I think Cotchin is George Atkinson reincarnated,nor should he have got off.He was very lucky in most people’s eyes including mine,to walk free of suspension.

You’re probably right on a few counts as well,not least that Unloveable Git Lynch,who was a face and demeanour you just wanna Hit so bad and so hard!The irony for me here,is the sort of guy you’d want to do it,would be a Jack Lambert type,throwing him ‘round like a Rag Doll,was dressed in Yellow(OrGold) and Black. #-o :lol:

The armchair ride ride from the Umpires?Yep,you are so right on that one.The Umps are like Wtestling Referees who get their riding orders from the Vince McMahon(WWE) types at AWFULL,as opposed to the Pete Rozelles and Don Shulas of the NFL.Everyone hated the Silver and Black!Not so with Richmond here.

The Diving emphasises the Acting,which comes with Wrestling.Ever wonder why AWFULL made so many trips to the US of A?I do too! :roll:

The Windy Hill Riot?Well,if you ask me,an ex Collingwood player started it and Mal Brown and Richmond finished it!We’ll say it’s their Fault and they’ll say it’s our’s!Has there been much opinion in between?Probably,but most opinions on that,would probably never have pleased either Club.

But Richmond aren’t in the business of pleasing outsiders either,especially in their Prime!

If it makes you feel better MH,maybe their lustre will disappear for a long,long time like the Raiders,who only went to the Big Dance once in 37 years since 1983.And they got Thrashed by the Coach they(Al Davis more likely) got rid of in John Gruden.Now he’s back with them,trying to put the Raider into Vegas!

But for now,they are entitled to bask in the Glory that comes with 3 Premierships in 4 years.Winners are Grinners as they say,......

And it gives me a break from the All the Horseshit here,if the Egirls prevailed instead.Believe me,you have NO idea of what truly sickening is,unless you live over here.You’d need more than 1 Bucket!You’d need several dumpsters,because you’d never stop throwing up.Players and Coach excepted(ironic),I HATE those Bastards with a f****** Passion.

So folks,if you didn’t know it already,MH Hates Richmond and I Hate West Coast!As if you didn’t,...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:15 am Barrack for them then Ben and change your avatar to DamienHardwick.

Never before have I seem an Bomber supporter so love another club. It just doesn’t make sense you barrack for the Mighty Bombers.

In fact your adulation for all things yellow and black is so deep why don’t we abolish the entire competition. I mean clubs like Essendon don’t deserve to exist any more and they certainly don’t deserve a fair go with umpiring when playing your mighty Tigers.

Let’s just and just have a game of Richmond A team play Richmond B team every week and not bother all these other team like Essendon.

Liam Baker = Leon Baker. The guy moves and plays like him. Liam Baker the Premiership Maker.
Just because you don’t follow another Club,doesn’t mean you can’t admire them.

Mind you,Though I think their song is great,I won’t sing it.They have more than enough volunteers to do that.No need for us to join in.

But there is a Serious need to look at what they do,to Seriously improve what we do,several times over.Maybe Sheeds can put his Stamp in his current tenure here,by pinching BALMY?!
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:15 am Barrack for them then Ben and change your avatar to DamienHardwick.

Sadly there is NOT MUCH that is mighty about the Bombers anymore. They have to re-prove themselves all over again from the beginning to the end. This club currently is a dud. When we see actual changes in attitude, in culture in the way we play
for the jumper with pride, and the players playing for each other with heart. I haven't seen that at Essendon for a long time.
And Richmond, will be on top of the ladder for a long time to come. There is no one like them in competition atm. They will be a favourite destination for good players. We are such a long way from being anywhere near top 4. We have a lot of work to do, are we up for the challenge? Wait and see.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:47 am
MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 am What I hate now is watching him bitching about umpiring and game plans of Sydney when they are kings of the easy ride with umps and they the kings of low the scoring game plan. They get the world and he still complains. This bullshit about it being a tough game. Yeah it it is a tough game but that doesn’t mean his captain can go around trying to snap necks. I accept they play on the edge and do dirty crap but what absolutely makes my blood boil is they get away with it and are never suspended. Unlike real tigers they are protected species.

This is what I admire him more for. He flies the flag for his team and club.

Nothing wrong having a view on umpiring (even if it is to mask the team’s mistakes). What I do hate, is a coach who sits there in the presser and says “I don’t know I didn’t see it” or “I wasn’t looking at the time”. Then the club admin just sits there and cops all this shit without questioning the umpiring panel. AbsoluteLy soft as hell. No wonder we keep getting on the rough end of the pineapple.

Same goes for AFL tribunal etc. We just cop it without challenge. Weak as piss.

Brasher said so himself.
Ultimately We were also Weak as Piss on Alternate Guernseys!We gave in to those f****** at AWFULL House.

Unless you have Black and White TV,there is NO Clash with Richmond or any other Club in this Competition!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:11 am Why I hate Richmond? Hmmm where do I start?

Hate Richmond all you want, but this point is utterly ridiculous. You don’t win 3 out of 4 premierships with a game plan that relies totally on luck.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:10 am
Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:57 pm I fully “get” the AFL’s agenda in deciding to play the GF in QLD. It’s an expansion state, they want to grow the game’s popularity there. Sure, on the surface they are positioning it as a reward to the QLD state government for its support during the COVID crisis. And to be fair, QLD as opposed to W.A. did make it possible to hold the competition in 2020.

Having said that, the QLD government has been amply rewarded with a sizeable injection of economic activity as a result. But to play the game at an undersized stadium in what now appears to be the beginning of the tropical rainstorm season when the 60,000 seat state of the art Optus Stadium is sitting vacant.....

The game has been hijacked for political expediency and the fans are once again the victims.
I don't think any of us can complain one iota about whatever arrangements were ultimately made this season.
To get an almost full season completed, has been a remarkable achievement.
No complaints here....simply an observation. Without a doubt this was an appalling grand final experience hopefully never to be repeated. The fact remains that the game could have been played, should have been played in Perth, during the day, in a fantastic stadium. None of which would have diminished the efforts by the AFL in pullIng off the season, albeit a compromised one.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Hating Richmond? Fair enough.
But geez...you can't admire them? At all?
I won't rave like BD, but by crikey they're a great team. Emphasis on "Team".
Besides Martin, there isn't one of them that does any more, or less, than you'd expect them to.
And I despise their "scrabbly" game plan....except for the fact it works. It's ugly, uninspiring, almost bereft of skill...but they execute it brilliantly to maximum effect.
Lastly, as I've been saying for a couple of years, they've done it almost purely by everyone playing a role. No real need for "superstars", just awesome coaching and discipline about their roles. They're the essence of a "system based" team.

Oh, one last thing....if you hate Richmond, you're gonna hate Essendon soon too...because that's exactly what Rutten is hoping to turn our mob into.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

In that case sack Rutten. :D
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Fortunately history suggests that’ll be the last we see of them for a while.