OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

Post by BenDoolan »

My JAY NASH fetish...

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Has only played 14 games, but appears to be a 100 game veteran. Very smooth, composed, smart footballer. Good pair of hands, moves quick, and has excellent skills by hand and by foot. This guy had no pre-season due to a foot operation, only played 2 games at Bendigo, and has been a top performer since coming into the side this season. He actually puts some guys to shame who have had uninterrupted pre-seasons and have played the majority of the year.

When he has the ball in his hands, you get the feeling that something good is going to happen - and I reckon the kick into the open forward line in the last Q to allow Lovett to run onto it and kick a goal off the ground was brilliant.

I just reckon Nash might be around for another 8 - 10 years.

OH NO HE WASN'T!!!!!!
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:30 am
Gimps wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 pm
Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 pm Another gem...
Windy_Hill wrote:

Monfries is your hard at em rover type player. Am I wrong in saying he is a little reminiscent of a Dale Weightman type player or Adrian Gleeson?

Johns actually feels like he could be a new Roger Merrett - big brash physical presence across the half forward line. Another full pre-season and he really could be a major factor going forward.

Laycock needs a bit of luck - I feel he is the tall version of Dean Rioli givene his run of injuries. I think he has a touch of class but would like to see him developed as a Jackovich type CHB. The sort of guy that can out muscle the Reiwoldts, Pavlichs, Browns and HAlls.
Monfries = Dale Weightman :shock:
Courtney Johns = Roger Merrett :shock:
Jason Laycock = Glenn Jakovich playing at CHB? :shock:

OH NO THEY WEREN'T!!!

I was not well at the time. Well for most of 2004-2009
Your rehabilitation must not have been much chop. Haven't seen much improvement.
Cheers brother
You know I love you..
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:41 am My JAY NASH fetish...

Has only played 14 games, but appears to be a 100 game veteran. Very smooth, composed, smart footballer. Good pair of hands, moves quick, and has excellent skills by hand and by foot. This guy had no pre-season due to a foot operation, only played 2 games at Bendigo, and has been a top performer since coming into the side this season. He actually puts some guys to shame who have had uninterrupted pre-seasons and have played the majority of the year.

When he has the ball in his hands, you get the feeling that something good is going to happen - and I reckon the kick into the open forward line in the last Q to allow Lovett to run onto it and kick a goal off the ground was brilliant.

OH NO HE WASN'T!!!!!!
I never said anything like that out loud, but sure felt similar - he SHOULD have been something.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

nudder12 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 am

OH NO HE WASN'T!!!!!!
I never said anything like that out loud, but sure felt similar - he SHOULD have been something.
I remember having similar thoughts about Nash too. His disposal could be sublime at times.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

gringo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:54 pm
nudder12 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 am

OH NO HE WASN'T!!!!!!
I remember having similar thoughts about Nash too. His disposal could be sublime at times.
I remember Hird feeding him a ball that he hit on the run from 55 metres and thinking that Hird himself had just anointed his predecessor with that pass.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 pm
Crazyman wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:07 pm To be fair, until his injuries hit, he was definitely a gun and on the right path...
I can remember quite a few of us thinking he was streets ahead of Hooker.
Sadly, once injuries started to hit, he lost that consistency and ultimately his feel for the game at the highest level... :(
He was a gun in 2009. That life threatening injury completely stuffed him, sadly. Some (including myself) thought he was actually better than Hurley in 2009.
Shit, remember that night game against Carlton when he shut down Fev and ran forward to kick a goal of his own.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:13 pm
Crazyman wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:07 pm To be fair, until his injuries hit, he was definitely a gun and on the right path...
Sadly, once injuries started to hit, he lost that consistency and ultimately his feel for the game at the highest level... :(
He was a gun in 2009. That life threatening injury completely stuffed him, sadly. Some (including myself) thought he was actually better than Hurley in 2009.
Shit, remember that night game against Carlton when he shut down Fev and ran forward to kick a goal of his own.
Yeah, he killed it that night. Got his rising star nomination that game. He finished 3rd in the award behind Daniel Rich and Andy Otten.

Finished ahead of Dane Beams, Stephen Hill, Callan Ward and Patrick Dangerfield.

I guess that's why we had big expectations...
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

out of context I know, but.......Brendon Goddard.....OH NO, HE DIDN'T????
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:16 am out of context I know, but.......Brendon Goddard.....OH NO, HE DIDN'T????
Haha

Despite his horrific last few seconds, I think he's been a terrific contributor for the club. He's nearly played 100 games for us, and I reckon about 85 of them have been very good.

In 10 years time let's see how our current big hopes pan out - McGrath, Parish, Fantasia, Daniher, Tippa, Z. Merrett, Francis
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I stated that Richmond blew it picking Rance at pick 18, when we got the clearly superior player in Pears at pick 23.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:01 pm
Sadly, once injuries started to hit, he lost that consistency and ultimately his feel for the game at the highest level...
I stated that Richmond blew it picking Rance at pick 18, when we got the clearly superior player in Pears at pick 23.
Funny how things turn out...

:(
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sep 2015
ealesy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 am 35 years on and Richmond are still nowhere near it.

What a team of front running squibs who have no absolutely zero appetite for the contest?

Sorry Dimma, can't see you being able to coach this shit heap to win at least one final, so I reckon you are out of a job at seasons end.
OH NO HE WASN'T!!!

and

YES HE CAN!!!
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Re: Kyle Langford
Flip
Regular Senior Player
Re: The Best B 22
Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Massive talent Windy.

The kid was only 18 playing men last year.

He is 190cm and probably still growing up and out. Let us revisit the criticism in 3-4 years or maybe earlier.

LaVerde is also one I am looking forward to being our Jack Zeibell as he is already large and will get stronger to go with his natural ability as he pushes into the midfield. He rarely wastes a possession.
Time is now. Let’s see how they go!
Essendunny
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I'm putting myself in here.

I thought Steve Smith was the worst player to ever play for Australia. Couldn't believe he had been picked.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BERT wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:51 am I'm putting myself in here.

I thought Steve Smith was the worst player to ever play for Australia. Couldn't believe he had been picked.
Good call!

Same for me. No doubt has the worse batting technique the game has ever seen. Will probably end up with a batting record that is one of the best the game has ever seen!
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:08 am
BERT wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:51 am I'm putting myself in here.

Good call!

Same for me. No doubt has the worse batting technique the game has ever seen. Will probably end up with a batting record that is one of the best the game has ever seen!
Fully agree. I think I had S.O’K ahead of him as a player...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sep 2015
ealesy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 am

35 years on and Richmond are still nowhere near it.

What a team of front running squibs who have no absolutely zero appetite for the contest?

Sorry Dimma, can't see you being able to coach this shit heap to win at least one final, so I reckon you are out of a job at seasons end.
Now a premiership coach x 3
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 pm I've always looked up to our Ben but boy oh boy this has got to be the mother of all over statements. Yeah okay we can cut him some slack as he did point out that certain players were injury prone but the wraps on the likes of Neagle, Reimers and Hislop is disturbing and concerning.

By the way who the he'll is Atkinson??
BenDoolan wrote: Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

I went there expecting a big loss and we got it. I also went there with keen interest to see how these guys would handle the huge challenges ahead of them. Naturally, they were generally beaten by their opponents, but I walked away satisfied with the likes of Neagle, Daniher, Myers, Atkinson and Hislop.

Be prepared for further losses while these find their feet and establish some confidence at playing at this level. They are our future.

*** snip***

Bachar Houli

Positives: Good awareness / good skills / lovely long kick / great endeavour & attitude / is a player

Negatives: Nil

Barring a couple.....NO THEY DIDN'T
Or they Didn't for us and they did for others

Atkinson was around in 2008 and played 15 games. He also won time trials which is important in making rash predictions.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I think I made rash predictions after the one and only good game that Shane Harvey played...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:06 am I think I made rash predictions after the one and only good game that Shane Harvey played...
Pity I can’t find your famous quote - Shane “Doomer” Harvey dates too far back for this BomberTalk version
Essendunny