Headland / Selwood - Both Free To Play

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I've got nothing more to say, just wanted to bring up the 100th reply.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:I've got nothing more to say, just wanted to bring up the 100th reply.
Subtle.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:I've got nothing more to say, just wanted to bring up the 100th reply.

:lol:
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

This is going to further I think regardless of the AFL tribunal tonight.

Both parties are talking legal action if the ruling goes against them.

Selwood is supposed to have admitted saying he f***** the girl in the tattoo then Hedland told him who it was (which apparently was heard by the umpire) then Selwood made another comment (which the ump didn't hear) but which Selwood claims was not what Hedland thinks he heard (or heard I am not judging this).

3 and half pages in the West today!!!

f***** 2 team town!!!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Stocksy wrote:Western Red summed it up best, I am sure 99% of footballers would have shrugged it off.
Spida Everitt was quoted in today's paper as saying he would just laugh it off.

I don't have a problem with sledging within limits and this was clearly over the line IF IT'S TRUE.

You know what I didn't mind WC winning last year, but now I'm really starting to dislike them.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

j-mac wrote:
Stocksy wrote:Western Red summed it up best, I am sure 99% of footballers would have shrugged it off.
Spida Everitt was quoted in today's paper as saying he would just laugh it off.

I don't have a problem with sledging within limits and this was clearly over the line IF IT'S TRUE.

You know what I didn't mind WC winning last year, but now I'm really starting to dislike them.
Gary O'Donnell was quoted in the Age as saying that if found guilty, Selwood should get exactly the same sentence as Headland. I personally think that's ridiculous.

Thoughts?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think it's a bit steep - if found guilty a fine, suspended sentence and public apology for sure. Not sure about the actual act of suspension tho. In saying that, what would he have gotten for calling an aboriginal player something racist?

We can all argue finer points until the cows come home, but it's always going to be one of those topics that fall into the personal feelings basket... some will be offended, some wouldn't.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I am sorry, but it is JUST WORDS. and political correctness has gone too far if he is penalised for it.
I hardly think the reaction to what Selwood has alleged to have said falls into any category of "political correctness". Whenever someone suggests people are being too "politically correct" I always think thats an excuse to not have a brain.

If anyone had made reference to my daughter in such a way I really think I would have a similar violent reaction but would have actually connected. If what is being alleged is true then it is simple beyond the pale, over the top and bridge too far. What is with that stupid grin Selwood has on his face knowing he had sucked Headland in ?

What kind of mind would work in such a way as to see that tattoo and say that ? Its seems to be the West Coast win at all costs mentality.

I never personally subscribed to this old saying that "sticks and stones can hurt my bones but names can never harm me". Names and taunts can and do hurt.

Its the 21st century and its time to wipe out this archaic culture that pervades sport. If there must be sledging then let it only be in the context of the sport itself not misogynistic nonsense. Are footballers so dumb they are incapable of any wit and humour ?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Didn't "God" teach his followers to "turn the other cheek" and he didn't mean butt cheek either.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Uptick all I am saying by "quoting" the term "political correctness" is that its the kind of the term Howard and his army of right wing shock jocks use when they cant win an argument.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Anyone who believes the sticks and stones adage has not grown up surrounded with emotional abuse since birth, I'll tell you that much.

I'm looking forward to the outcome.
uptick
High Draft Pick

Post by uptick »

MH_Bomber wrote:Uptick all I am saying by "quoting" the term "political correctness" is that its the kind of the term Howard and his army of right wing shock jocks use when they cant win an argument.
I'm hearing you my friend. I guess we all have to be responsible for our actions, Selwin for acting like an uneducated oaff and Hedland for attempting physical violence upon said oaff.
uptick
High Draft Pick

Post by uptick »

OOPS Selwood.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Headland gave evidence including the following statement: "I called Selwood a pedophile, because that's what he is."

Selwood gave evidence to the effect that he only remarked that he had sex with a woman that looked like Headland's tattoo.

Peter Bell gave evidence that he confronted Selwood about his actions during the game and Selwood agreed that they were "pretty ordinary"

Case is continuing.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

nooooot Guilty.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And Headland has just had his 6 week suspension CLEARED!!!

Makes a joke of the "not gulity" verdict on Selwood one would think.....
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:And Headland has just had his 6 week suspension CLEARED!!!

The AFL is a f****** laughing stock...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:And Headland has just had his 6 week suspension CLEARED!!!

The AFL is a f****** laughing stock...
Not sure what you're getting at BD....

It's really quite simple. Selwood never said anything. Headland never hit Selwood. West Coast never played Fremantle. And I'm not typing this response....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Oh, and to cap off a trippy night, Josh Carr was also CLEARED because they found Daniel Chick to be a bullshit artist in his evidence. He claimed that Carr struck him a blow that made him have to leave the field. The tribunal viewed footage that showed Chick leave the field PRIOR to the incident.

What substances does he take?????????

What the f*** has this game turned into?
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Megan wrote:Anyone who believes the sticks and stones adage has not grown up surrounded with emotional abuse since birth, I'll tell you that much.

I'm looking forward to the outcome.
Can't say I agree completely.

Your sticks and stones comment is pretty vague and I don't think I understand completely - but I reckon there's a time where you just need to laugh at comments like the ones mention and think "Thank God I'm a better individual than that Human being."

Not having a go by the way :wink: