Stupid Bitch.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I wouldn't even bother taking any notice of her, the dried up old bag.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Filthy wrote:Germaine Greer needs a good f**k.

Trouble is no bloke could drink that much beer. :evil:
The ONLY thing she needs to be f***** with is an Iron Bar :evil:
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

What a terrible waste of a good iron bar. :shock:
dom_105
Club Captain

Taken from http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/ind

Post by dom_105 »

Posted by mareeS of newcastle nsw on Fri 08 Sep 06 at 09:41am:
Doesn’t this miserable old bag also own a holiday home in the north Queensland rainforest? Steve Irwin worked hard and spent lots of money protecting pristine wildlife habitat from exploiters like Germain Greer who prefer to turn such places into real estate.
Hmmm, it really makes you think
SunnyCoastBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by SunnyCoastBomber »

Sam's Mailbag last night was good. First letter. :lol:
Reining Champion of the BomberTalk Tipping Comp
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

SunnyCoastBomber wrote:Sam's Mailbag last night was good. First letter. :lol:
Saw it coming a mile away but f*** it was still funny

She is nothing but a leaching fat c***!!!

I feel like kicking her to death!!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:Germaine Greer needs a good f**k.

Trouble is no bloke could drink that much beer. :evil:
Incorrect. I could drink so much beer I woulod die of alcohol poisoning and still wouldnt f*** her.

Id rather get raped by a bear.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

That Germaine Greer article, how incredibly immoral it was. Now let's see. How best can I express my outrage at her immorality. Oh I know, I'll make a litany of homophobic, sexist, mysoginistic and abusive remarks. That will prove my point brilliantly.

Germaine, if you are an avid reader of BomberTalk for God's sake don't say anything that challenges orthodoxy or media driven mythologising. Just churn out fawning and inaccurate lamentations.

I agree completely with Temporary Stevo's remarks, you know the ones that are ... where are they?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I remember Stevo saying something before the post went by the wayside due to the forum changeover, I forget exactly what he said but it and my reply vanished somewhere along the lines. Rest assured it was not vanished on purpose, but went alongside quite a few other posts which was just a hiccup.

Eitherway, like I said to Stevo - her timing was shit. And I stand by what I said at the beginning of this post - I do consider her a silly bitch, with no f****** class, no tact, and no respect from me. And the further she stays away from Australia the better in my opinion.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

AnarchicBomber wrote:That Germaine Greer article, how incredibly immoral it was. Now let's see. How best can I express my outrage at her immorality. Oh I know, I'll make a litany of homophobic, sexist, mysoginistic and abusive remarks. That will prove my point brilliantly.

Germaine, if you are an avid reader of BomberTalk for God's sake don't say anything that challenges orthodoxy or media driven mythologising. Just churn out fawning and inaccurate lamentations.

I agree completely with Temporary Stevo's remarks, you know the ones that are ... where are they?
AB & Stevo...relax fellas...the story was rubbish and illtimed.

The jokes were inevitable. :wink:
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Filthy wrote:
AnarchicBomber wrote:That Germaine Greer article, how incredibly immoral it was. Now let's see. How best can I express my outrage at her immorality. Oh I know, I'll make a litany of homophobic, sexist, mysoginistic and abusive remarks. That will prove my point brilliantly.

Agree with the latter description mate, I'm not sure I can be so dismissive as to use the former.

Another take on things: http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/s ... 25364.html
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Filthy wrote:

The jokes were inevitable. :wink:
Filthy, I find it strange that you will abuse Bolt for any of his articles (which I agree are utter rubbish), but yet, when Greer who is just as bad submits a pathetic article taking pot shots at a man who had died barely 24 hours before, it is just ill-timed?
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Ummm, Dan I said the article was rubbish.....and illtimed. In a Democracy anybody can say what they like but I think the point here is that the comments by this slag would have been better a couple of weeks later...and then we could have hoed into the bitch. :wink:
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Filthy wrote:Ummm, Dan I said the article was rubbish.....and illtimed. In a Democracy anybody can say what they like but I think the point here is that the comments by this slag would have been better a couple of weeks later...and then we could have hoed into the bitch. :wink:
Think I read it the wrong way when I replied. Big night last night :)

I think people have the right to get riled up about her comments though. Was a dogs act to have a go at him at that time, let alone in the manner it was done.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Megan wrote:I remember Stevo saying something before the post went by the wayside due to the forum changeover, I forget exactly what he said but it and my reply vanished somewhere along the lines. Rest assured it was not vanished on purpose, but went alongside quite a few other posts which was just a hiccup.

Eitherway, like I said to Stevo - her timing was shit. And I stand by what I said at the beginning of this post - I do consider her a silly bitch, with no f****** class, no tact, and no respect from me. And the further she stays away from Australia the better in my opinion.
Agree completely, the only issue I have with Greer's article was the piss poor timing, really a bit insensitive to his family. Everyone else having a hissy fit about it though can get f***** in my opinion.

Steve Irwin was a great conservationist and did alot of good for the enviornment and endangered species but he was also a complete an utter arsehole to every animal he had on camera with him.

Lets think about the fact that he was constantly crapping on and one about how the animals he was with were only dangerous when feeling threatened or are stressed. Given the fact that pretty much every animal he ever had on screen with him was going him, it seems to me that he made a habit of threatening and stressing every animal he came across.

I find it amusing that the Australian public is now outraged that anyone could possibly think of saying a semi-bad word against Steve Irwin. Plenty of people slagged him off when he was still alive. He was bagged for portraying all Aussies as stupid hicks. There was nation-wide outrage, over the Baby Bob dangling in front of crocodile incident, he was condemned as a dead beat Dad and a large number of people suggested he should have his children taken off him. Seems now he's dead the media has used that an incident in a crazy kind of wasn't that Steve Irwin a crazy bloke ha ha ha kind of way, when at the time they were leading the charge calling for blood.

I also find it somewhat laughable that as an avid environmentalist he was constantly sucking up John Howard's arse. John Howard has no interest in the enviornment other than coming up with ways to make a quick buck of it. I not disputing that Steve Irwin did alot of great envionmental and conservation work, I just can't see that when he was so passionate about those causes he was so buddy-buddy with little Johnny??

Although he was facing some serious charges of getting too close to seals and whales in Antartica, that suddenly disappeared??!!!

Germaine Greer's comments were mistimed, and I dare say that was planned because it made them noticed, the pathetic personal insult and attacks coming her way simply goes to show that no one is actually able to debate her on the issues she raised.

Sure Steve's mates have come out and said he would never harm and animal intentionally, Germaine Greer never claimed he did intentionally, but the proof is right there on screen, the animals he come across were stressed and they did feel very threatened!!!

Call her all the names you like, doesn't make her comments any less valid, in fact it just gives them add weight in my opinion. If no one can make well thought out counter arguments and simply rely on slagging her off, call her a stupid, heartless bitch, slut skank, etc etc etc, it says to me that no one really disgrees with her and that they are simply up in arms that she sunk the boots in at the time she did.

The Australian public and media as never had a problem having a go at Steve Irwin and the fact that there has been such an outrage over these comments just goes to show what a hypocritical f****** bunch we can be in this country.

Seems that in this country you can say whatever you want about a public figure while they are alive, but the moment they are dead then you better not say anything about them that doesn't suggest the sun shone out there arses there entire life!!!
Last edited by ealesy on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Ealesy, you hit the nail on the head. Greer's article was poorly, nay, recklessly timed. Apart from that though ...
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

ealesy wrote:
Megan wrote:I remember Stevo saying something before the post went by the wayside due to the forum changeover, I forget exactly what he said but it and my reply vanished somewhere along the lines. Rest assured it was not vanished on purpose, but went alongside quite a few other posts which was just a hiccup.

Agree completely, the only issue I have with Greer's article was the piss poor timing, really a bit insensitive to his family. Everyone else having a hissy fit about it though can get f***** in my opinion.

Steve Irwin was a great conservationist and did alot of good for the enviornment and endangered species but he was also a complete an utter arsehole to every animal he had on camera with him.

Lets think about the fact that he was constantly crapping on and one about how the animals he was with were only dangerous when feeling threatened or are stressed. Given the fact that pretty much every animal he ever had on screen with him was going him, it seems to me that he made a habit of threatening and stressing every animal he came across.

I'm sure the animals he dealt with had been in much more stressful situations than being held by Steve Irwin. He never did harm to any of the animals he handled, and how else are you meant to get the audience involved? It seemed to me that his major audience consisted of younger people, and I can't see them being interested in documentaries. If he needs to slightly stress an animal so that others can learn about it, and hopefully come out with a greater respect and understanding of it, then so be it.

I also find it somewhat laughable that as an avid environmentalist he was constantly sucking up John Howard's arse. John Howard has no interest in the enviornment other than coming up with ways to make a quick buck of it. I not disputing that Steve Irwin did alot of great envionmental and conservation work, I just can't see that when he was so passionate about those causes he was so buddy-buddy with little Johnny??

Firstly, what has this got to do with the price of fish? Secondly, environmental funding comes from either donations, or the government. Maybe he was trying to get a bit more funding for conservation and the like. How can you say that by befriending someone that your own beliefs go out the window? My friends and I certainly don't agree on everything.

Although he was facing some serious charges of getting too close to seals and whales in Antartica, that suddenly disappeared??!!!

The story was a joke to start off with. He didn;t cause any damage to them, and was never going to. The media as usual blow it out of proportion. Where are the real cases of animal cruelty? The irwin incident probably got more press than the recent seal salughter.

Sure Steve's mates have come out and said he would never harm and animal intentionally, Germaine Greer never claimed he did intentionally, but the proof is right there on screen, the animals he come across were stressed and they did feel very threatened!!!

How many animals has he saved?

Call all the names you like, doesn't make her comments any less valid, in fact it just gives them add weight in my opinion. If no one can make well thought out counter arguments and simply rely on slagging her off, call her a stupid, heartless bitch, slut skank, etc etc etc, it says to me that no one really disgrees with her and that they are simply up in arms that she sunk the boots in at the time she did.

Greer is a twisted and bitter old bag. That is the truth. She sits back in the UK and throws pot shots at Australia as a whole, and members within it, when she has no right to do so. Her work is pathetic. Maybe years ago her words had meaning, not any more. She never has anything positive to say about Australia.

The Australian public and media as never had a problem having a go at Steve Irwin and the fact that there has been such an outrage over these comments just goes to show what a hypocritical f****** bunch we can be in this country.

I can't comment on this, by I didn't have a problem with that baby incident. He knew what he was doing, and the media decided to use the camera angles that made it look much worse.

Seems that in this country you can say whatever you want about a public figure while they are alive, but the moment they are dead then you better not say anything about them that doesn't suggest the sun shone out there arses there entire life!!!

When they are alive, at least they can come out and defend themselves! As I mentioned, Greer NEVER has anything positive to say. Maybe you should go and congratulate her. When she cuts your penis off for being male, I can say I told you so ;)
[/b]
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Good article. I liked this paragraph from it:
Germaine Greer's piece in The Age may have been mistimed but there was nothing she wrote to which any sensible person could take exception. Irwin did use - we might even say exploit - animals in the manner of a lion tamer. They were props in his act and the things that he did with them and said about them were not even informative or interesting.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

danstar84 wrote:
ealesy wrote:

I'm sure the animals he dealt with had been in much more stressful situations than being held by Steve Irwin. He never did harm to any of the animals he handled, and how else are you meant to get the audience involved? It seemed to me that his major audience consisted of younger people, and I can't see them being interested in documentaries. If he needs to slightly stress an animal so that others can learn about it, and hopefully come out with a greater respect and understanding of it, then so be it.

Sure there is every possibility they had been in more stressful situations. That does not mean that Steve Irwin did not place them under a great deal of stress for his own purposes. Sure those purposes were noble in the sense he was highlighting the plight of endangered animals, but they also served his purposes too. His shows were as much about entertainment as educating people about animal. Would his shows have been successful if he didn't whip them up into a frenzy and get them going him?? Doubt it. No doubt in my mind he placed animals under large amounts of undue stress to increase the entertainment value of his show, and ultimately the amount of money he was making. Again much of which he poured back into enviornmentalist and conservation causes.

Did he need to take it to the extreeme he did. No he didn't in my opinion. Your comment about teaching young people about animals is interesting. I'm just picturing what the media and public reaction would be if a 10 year old kid got himself killed by a deadly snake trying imitate Steve Irwin. Don't think it would've been too positive??

Firstly, what has this got to do with the price of fish? Secondly, environmental funding comes from either donations, or the government. Maybe he was trying to get a bit more funding for conservation and the like. How can you say that by befriending someone that your own beliefs go out the window? My friends and I certainly don't agree on everything.

price of fish? don't know what you are going on about. I'm all for him getting as much money as he could out of John Howard in whatever way he saw fit. The problem I have was that he didn't stop there, for god sake he made the comment that John Howard was the greatest leader Australia has ever had. I have no problem with him making that comment if it's what he truly believed. I just can't see how he could possibly believe that given his great passion for the enviornment and conservation, and John's Howard's history on these issues.

The story was a joke to start off with. He didn;t cause any damage to them, and was never going to. The media as usual blow it out of proportion. Where are the real cases of animal cruelty? The irwin incident probably got more press than the recent seal salughter.

It's not an issue of whether he was damaging the environment or not. He broke a law that if you or me had broken we would have been charged and punished. However, due to him having the profile he does and knowing the people he does, the whole thing disappeared without him even being charged. Thought we all meant to be viewed the same in the eyes of the law?? In terms of the real cases of animal cruelty...thought I made myself pretty clear. Every single time he appeared on camera with an animal. He placed the animal under uncessary and undue stress...seems pretty cruel to me

How many animals has he saved?

Yes because it's black and white isn't it. As I've mentioned he's done alot for the environement, endangered species and consevation. That doesn't mean that when it comes to animal welfare, that's he infailiable and has done no wrong to the animals he's come across.

Call all the names you like, doesn't make her comments any less valid, in fact it just gives them add weight in my opinion. If no one can make well thought out counter arguments and simply rely on slagging her off, call her a stupid, heartless bitch, slut skank, etc etc etc, it says to me that no one really disgrees with her and that they are simply up in arms that she sunk the boots in at the time she did.

Greer is a twisted and bitter old bag. That is the truth. She sits back in the UK and throws pot shots at Australia as a whole, and members within it, when she has no right to do so. Her work is pathetic. Maybe years ago her words had meaning, not any more. She never has anything positive to say about Australia.

Which is EXACTLY the point. I have no doubt alot of the reaction to Greer's comments have to do with who she is. She doesn't tow the ex-pat code of talking up Australia every chance she gets. In fact she does the opposite. And there is nothing Aussie hate more than someone having a crack at this country or one of it's big personalities. It is even more hated when it's an Aussie doing it. The fact she has nothing positive to say about Australia really should not have anything to do with her comments about Steve Irwin. She didn't say he was a bastard to animals because he was Australian...she said he was a bastard to animals due to the way he treated them when on camera with them. Nothing to do with Australia or Australians...of course the media knew if they played the "Old Crazy Germaine having another Crack at Australia" card it would make the story even bigger.

I can't comment on this, by I didn't have a problem with that baby incident. He knew what he was doing, and the media decided to use the camera angles that made it look much worse.

I didn't have a problem with it either. But a large section of the Australian public and media did and had absolutely no qualms about slagging him off about. Even though he was an expert, clearly knew what he was doing, was a public figure who made it very evident his family was the most important thing to him and that he would never place any of them in danger.

When they are alive, at least they can come out and defend themselves! As I mentioned, Greer NEVER has anything positive to say. Maybe you should go and congratulate her. When she cuts your penis off for being male, I can say I told you so ;)

Well feel free....just don't go holding your breath. You really don't seem to have too much of an idea about what radical feminism is. A large proportion of radical feminist have little interest in males at all...apart from pointing about the way they still continue to control society and use and abuse women for their own purposes. Trust me I actually do know a thing or too about radical feminism and I'm in absolutely no fear for my manhood