Pev in the backline.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Give up! Clearly this guys mindset is as flexible as a cast iron plank and he will continue to have irational oppinions of Pev no matter what he does.

Fact is though, Pev is in better form than all of Hird, JJ and MJ and I would drop any of those before I dropped Pev looking at recent performance. But thats just me being rational, something Essendon4eva clearly cant comprehend.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Bomber_Fan wrote:I didn't think he was playing in the backline, I just thought he was tagging Brent Harvey in the midfield and dragged to the forward line.
Funny the woman in front of me on Friday said almost the same thing. I said to my uncle and brother why is he in the backline he'll get slaughtered. She turned around and said: "he's a tagger." As if that answered my question. When pressed she said that because he is a tagger he takes the best opposition small player.

But I disagree. Yes he can tag in the middle. But playing in defence is completely different. He was wasted there.

Harvey usually plays forward anyway doesn't he, so it's not as if it was that big a move by Laidley. But someone else should have been on him, maybe Cole.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:That goes back to my original point about having Hird, Watson and Jason Johnson who I rate higher than Peverill. We allready have a group of guys who play the role Peverill does. So from that list, because he wont get much better and his best, isn't that good, he should get cut.
Basically if Pevrills gone Hird, Watson and Jason Johnson, with properly Mark Johnson and Angus can play that role that Pev does.
We don't have that much to come in that are ready for AFL football in the forward line and backline to go cutting players.
What did you think of Pev's gutsy effort of running into a Jonathon Brown lead? Don't go crying to Mummy because you think I'm following you around now.....

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I particularly liked the HUGE handball he did to break open the middle at one stage...more accurate than any of his kicking and over 20 meters.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

How old are you Ben Doolan? Seriously bor, get over it. I had a problem with your spam about my typing ability so I did the proper thing adn went to the administartion. I ask the posters at http://www.worldwrestlingrevolution.com do the same thing.

You made a post that didn't contribute to the topic and only posted to abuse another posters. Should have been deleted on the spot.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Now Ben Doolan I only critisised the kicking ability of Damien Peverill, not his guts and determination. I basically said, in case your forgot, that he shouldn't be getting 30 touches a game and instead be shutting down opppsition. He got less of the ball and we won against the Lions.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:How old are you Ben Doolan? Seriously bor, get over it. I had a problem with your spam about my typing ability so I did the proper thing adn went to the administartion. I ask the posters at http://www.worldwrestlingrevolution.com do the same thing.

You made a post that didn't contribute to the topic and only posted to abuse another posters. Should have been deleted on the spot.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Now Ben Doolan I only critisised the kicking ability of Damien Peverill, not his guts and determination. I basically said, in case your forgot, that he shouldn't be getting 30 touches a game and instead be shutting down opppsition. He got less of the ball and we won against the Lions.
Who was he playing on?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Except for one handball, a kick (which went over a contest) and the hard hit he took. Overall he had less of the ball and we won easily.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Except for one handball, a kick (which went over a contest) and the hard hit he took. Overall he had less of the ball and we won easily.
Who was he playing on?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Just told you I didn't take notice of him except for those three things.

At the end of teh day my point was proved. Pev dominated against the Kangas and we lost. he was invisable against brissy and we won.
Contrastings performances by Pev and contrasting reulst.

You know what? I was only joking. I've been joking this whole time. :roll:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Stats are irrelevant in many cases, you can be a match winner and not touch the ball as long as you keep the player YOU are on OFF of the ball. Many many times one of our best players has had very little use of the ball.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

And that was the point I've been putting force all the time. Peverill is not useful whe he gets the ball 30 times, but is when he is worried about his opponent and only his opponent.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

He's capable of quietning down his opponent and still having constructive use of the footy at the same time. And has done so.

I would go as far as to say he'd be well up our B&F.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Just told you I didn't take notice of him except for those three things.

At the end of teh day my point was proved. Pev dominated against the Kangas and we lost. he was invisable against brissy and we won.
Contrastings performances by Pev and contrasting reulst.

You know what? I was only joking. I've been joking this whole time. :roll:
FYI

Pev was playing on Simon Black. He kept him to 3 disposals up to quarter time. Pev received a severe knock at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and went off. Black got 9 disposals for the quarter. There goes your bizarre theory then and there....
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I'd say there are a few guys ahead of him. Mcveigh, Stanton, Davey, Lucas, Fletcher, McPhee.

What bizzare theory? I said that should be his role. I said he shoudl tag and not worry about getting 30 touches a game. God you stupid. Now that WASN'T a joke!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I would be very surprised to see at this stage of the season Davey or McPhee ahead of him. Macca for certain, Lucas quite possibly, Stants maybe and Fletch I'm not sure about.

And BD, that's what I was thinking when I said that... he shut Black down with GREAT success. To come back after that knock was a job in its own, let alone to come back on and play so servicably.

I wish we had more Pevs to be honest.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think the bizzare theory in question was that Pevs "can't play" as you put it.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Yeah, refering to this disposal, which I later explained.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Megan wrote:I think the bizzare theory in question was that Pevs "can't play" as you put it.
Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. I think I'll give up talking to the idiot. He obviously struggles with common sense or any other activity that requires a brain.

I sincerely apologise to other posters for having to put up with the dickhead over the past couple of days....
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

BD, be the bigger man and drop it, hey? Lets all agree to disagree. And that goes for you too Robbie ;)
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Once again Be Doolan proved his brilliant ability in not reading previous posts. As you can see from the post before you, I told you that I was referring to his disposal, which I have been talking about throughout this entire thread.