Jay Nash

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Jay Nash

Post by BenDoolan »

Has only played 14 games, but appears to be a 100 game veteran. Very smooth, composed, smart footballer. Good pair of hands, moves quick, and has excellent skills by hand and by foot. This guy had no pre-season due to a foot operation, only played 2 games at Bendigo, and has been a top performer since coming into the side this season. He actually puts some guys to shame who have had uninterrupted pre-seasons and have played the majority of the year.

When he has the ball in his hands, you get the feeling that something good is going to happen - and I reckon the kick into the open forward line in the last Q to allow Lovett to run onto it and kick a goal off the ground was brilliant.

I just reckon Nash might be around for another 8 - 10 years.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

how old is he??

im surprised was is in the bombers team after only 2 games with bendigo, oh well it's working so it's all good
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:how old is he??

im surprised was is in the bombers team after only 2 games with bendigo, oh well it's working so it's all good
21. Turns 22 in December I think.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Is he eligible for the Rising Star?
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Obviously not if you read the post above you Kaan.

I also thought he was fantastic on Saturday night. Was prepared to run and reminds me of the 'old style footballer' who just gets the bloody job done.

I love him!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He is getting better and better. Can play a tagging/defensive role and hurt the opposition. I can see him easily pinch hitting n a midfield role.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:He is getting better and better. Can play a tagging/defensive role and hurt the opposition. I can see him easily pinch hitting n a midfield role.
My thoughts exactly, and he did that in the last quarter on Sat night with good results.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Plus he has guts. I dont mean head over the ball guts but the balls to take the early 40 meter kicks rather than the short 15 meter kick.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Bit of a steal too, what we used a 4th round pick on him in 2003 didn't we?
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I thought his game this week was very impressive. Best thing to come out of the last few weeks.
(second best thing would be Tom Hislop, who also looks very promising)
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Took longer than expectd but shows that you need patience with these kids.

Will be an absolute gun!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He was fantastic on Saturday night and will continue to get better.

When he kicked the ball over the pack for Lovett to run onto alot of people around me weren't very happy just as he kicked it but I guess they didn't realise what he was doing.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:He was fantastic on Saturday night and will continue to get better.

When he kicked the ball over the pack for Lovett to run onto alot of people around me weren't very happy just as he kicked it but I guess they didn't realise what he was doing.
IMO, I reckon he summed up that Lovett would run onto it. I've watched the game on tape, and there is Lovett making the break just before he kicked it, or just as he kicked it. If he meant it, it was brilliant.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It seemed like he meant it as he had plenty of time to sum up what he was going to do.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He definitely meant it. It was like the through ball in soccer to beat the offside trap. Very smart play by Nash.

The kid looks a really good sort and he has finally strung some games together. Knows instinctively what to do, and when he gets fully fit, I hope he moves into the middle. He is quite quick and his disposal is fantastic.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

rockhole wrote:Took longer than expectd but shows that you need patience with these kids.

he certainly took his time to make it in the senior team... it was make or break this year for Nashy and it seems that he is going to become a very important part of our defence in years to come.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
rockhole wrote:Took longer than expectd but shows that you need patience with these kids.

he certainly took his time to make it in the senior team... it was make or break this year for Nashy and it seems that he is going to become a very important part of our defence in years to come.
Seems a few of them take this path. Winderlich would have been hanging by a thread when he finally came good. Nash has been around a while and suddenly shows something. The thing is, these guys don't get a chance to really show what they're made of if they don't get an opportunity thrown their way. How someone can be drafted and delisted without ever playing senior footy (and stringing games together with decent game time) is beyond me.

Glad to see Nash take soem strides forward.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Geez guys, dunno about Nash taking a long time to 'come good'.

Drafted in '03, had a number of injuries if i recall correctly that prevented him from playing much in 2004, had a few games in 2005 where Sheedy threw him against Buckley on debut, started establishing himself last year and was particularly good in the drawn match against Carlton before getting injured again.

I think he's established himself pretty quickly, given the circumstances. It was obvious enough after the Carlton match last year that he was a player - his disposal that day, on a day marred by woeful disposal, made it clear he was a good player.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I think he had stress fractures or something like that. He had alot of foot problems in the past 2-3 years which has slowed his developement. He was also take very young as well, I think he was the youngest in the draft of that year.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:He was fantastic on Saturday night and will continue to get better.

I wasn't happy, but not with Nash. I thought it was a brilliant play. I was pissed off with Lloyd. Why the f*** wasn't he in the goalsquare, making a lead?